Jawbone's new Up wristband, a device that tracks your movement, sleeping patterns and eating habits, should not be classified as a fitness product but a wellness product, according to the company.
Apple has acquired mapping startup WiFiSlam, which is developing an indoor location service for smartphones, Apple said Monday.
US accessories company Kensington has introduced a "proximity monitoring system" that uses a Bluetooth-enabled fob and tag to keep track of valuables like your smartphone, keys, and other items.
Citrix Systems has upgraded its Podio applications for Android and iOS, as well as the ShareFile app for the latter, which can now be used to edit Microsoft Office documents.
Twitter is beefing up its self-service ad platform to give smaller businesses more targeting and analytics tools to reach potential customers on the site.
Samsung's new Galaxy S4 would be the "ultimate smartphone" if it ran Apple's iOS and accessed the Cupertino, Calif. company's app ecosystem, according to a clearly-impressed analyst said. Others, however, dismissed the idea.
BlackBerry today announced technology designed to securely separate work and personal data on Android and iOS smartphones and tablets, as its Balance software does for new BlackBerry 10 devices.
Aggressive sales of smaller tablets triggered a revised tablet sales forecast today by IDC, which upped its projections by 11 per cent for 2013 and said Android would supplant Apple's iOS as the dominant operating system this year.
While visiting what might otherwise be called respectable websites, you may have seen writers put forth the idea that "phablets" are eating Apple's lunch.
Until late January, Apple's App Store servers did not encrypt all communications with iOS clients, which exposed users to several potential attacks, according to a Google security researcher.
Could anonymous chat be the next big thing? At this year's South by Southwest Interactive, the place that helped put Twitter and FourSquare on the map, a fledgling app for anonymous chatting is gaining some traction.
Brooklyn-based Sprezzat wants to modernize caller ID for people's smartphones with a little help from Twitter and Facebook.
Apple doesn't do trade shows these days, not even the world's largest mobile trade show. But that's no reason to overlook last week's Mobile World Congress. Apple may not have joined other smartphone and tablet makers in Barcelona, but the iOS platfo...
Google on Tuesday pushed out an update for its Maps iPhone app designed to make it easier for users to search for local businesses and contacts in their address book.
The idea that the technology behind search is a done deal is far from the truth, according to Google, as the company appears to still have plenty of tricks up its sleeve to improve it.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 2 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 3 Parrot Mambo Drone review
- 4 Evapolar USB air conditioner review
- 5 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Gallipoli is now an amazing video game
- Battlefield 1 review: Familiar multiplayer wedded to a brilliant WWI campaign
- Microsoft rescues disheveled lady Skypers with its TeleBeauty virtual makeup app
- Samsung releases super-high-capacity 8GB DRAM
- Mars lander goes silent, but scientists remain hopeful
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- TV buying guide: What to look for when buying a TV in 2016
- Best iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus plans: Optus vs Telstra vs Vodafone vs Virgin
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- CCFunctional Consultant - MS Dynamics AXQLD
- CCSenior Business Analyst - experience in IDAM a MUSTNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (IT Security) 161018/AP/383Asia
- FTSenior Architect | Perl | Linux |MySQL | Infrastructure | TelecomNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (Web Programming) 161013/AP/185Asia
- CCJava Developers - Federal Government experienceNSW
- CCContract Junior Programmer (Internet/ Intranet) 161025/JP/vhaAsia
- CCSenior Security AnalystVIC
- FTTechnical Support Engineer | Cloud | Automation techsNSW
- FTKronos AdministratorNSW
- FTSolutions ArchitectNSW
- FTSenior Analyst ProgrammerNSW
- CCWindows EngineerACT
- CCTesting Capability LeadNSW
- FTSalesforce Subject Matter ExpertNSW
- CCContract Junior Programmer (JAVA/SQL) 161013/JP/602Asia
- CCSenior Solution Designer, Wealth ManagementNSW
- FTSoftware Developers | .Net 4.6 | Multiple RolesNSW
- CCTest Engineer - .NETNSW
- FTProject Manager - Intelligent Transport SolutionsNSW
- CCLevel 3 Microsoft Resource EngineerVIC
- CCCisco Wi-Fi Network Engineer - SurveyorNSW
- CCContract IT Assistant (UNIX/Windows) 161028/ITA/003Asia
- FTWeb DeveloperNSW