Apple has acquired mapping startup WiFiSlam, which is developing an indoor location service for smartphones, Apple said Monday.
US accessories company Kensington has introduced a "proximity monitoring system" that uses a Bluetooth-enabled fob and tag to keep track of valuables like your smartphone, keys, and other items.
Citrix Systems has upgraded its Podio applications for Android and iOS, as well as the ShareFile app for the latter, which can now be used to edit Microsoft Office documents.
Twitter is beefing up its self-service ad platform to give smaller businesses more targeting and analytics tools to reach potential customers on the site.
Samsung's new Galaxy S4 would be the "ultimate smartphone" if it ran Apple's iOS and accessed the Cupertino, Calif. company's app ecosystem, according to a clearly-impressed analyst said. Others, however, dismissed the idea.
BlackBerry today announced technology designed to securely separate work and personal data on Android and iOS smartphones and tablets, as its Balance software does for new BlackBerry 10 devices.
Aggressive sales of smaller tablets triggered a revised tablet sales forecast today by IDC, which upped its projections by 11 per cent for 2013 and said Android would supplant Apple's iOS as the dominant operating system this year.
While visiting what might otherwise be called respectable websites, you may have seen writers put forth the idea that "phablets" are eating Apple's lunch.
Until late January, Apple's App Store servers did not encrypt all communications with iOS clients, which exposed users to several potential attacks, according to a Google security researcher.
Could anonymous chat be the next big thing? At this year's South by Southwest Interactive, the place that helped put Twitter and FourSquare on the map, a fledgling app for anonymous chatting is gaining some traction.
Brooklyn-based Sprezzat wants to modernize caller ID for people's smartphones with a little help from Twitter and Facebook.
Apple doesn't do trade shows these days, not even the world's largest mobile trade show. But that's no reason to overlook last week's Mobile World Congress. Apple may not have joined other smartphone and tablet makers in Barcelona, but the iOS platfo...
Google on Tuesday pushed out an update for its Maps iPhone app designed to make it easier for users to search for local businesses and contacts in their address book.
The idea that the technology behind search is a done deal is far from the truth, according to Google, as the company appears to still have plenty of tricks up its sleeve to improve it.
Google is making it easier for app developers to connect with users on its social network through Google+ Sign-In, a new feature that allows people to sign into third-party apps using their Google+ credentials.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost review
- 2 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 3 Tech21 Evo Xplorer iPhone case review
- 4 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 5 Microsoft Lumia 640 review: Honouring Nokia's legacy
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- AC5300 Router reviews: Linksys EA9500 vs. Netgear Nighthawk X8 vs. D-Link DIR-895L
- Dell Inspiron 17 7778 review: This massive 17-inch 2-in-1 is a worthwhile desktop replacement
- Try this! 6 new Android 7.0 Nougat features to use now
- Spotify is retaliating against artists with Apple Music exclusives
- Artificial Intelligence: 7 factors for precision decisions
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTData AnalystsWA
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- CCComms project specialistVIC
- CCSenior Android DeveloperVIC
- CCContract Systems Analyst (JAVA/MySQL/PHP) 160819/SA/173Asia
- CCSystem Analyst - NetIQNSW
- CCData Centre Solutions Architect - Red Hat, Wintel & VMwareACT
- CCEnterprise ArchitectNSW
- CCSenior Project ManagerNSW
- FTJava Tech Lead - Full StackNSW
- CCDevOps Engineer - Php, LAMP, XML, scripting, JavaNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/Oracle) 160902/AP/625Asia
- FTBusiness Development Manager | ICT intelligent systems integrationVIC
- CCICT Contracts ManagerSA
- CCStorage / Server EngineerNSW
- CCDesktop Support AnalystSA
- CCTechnical WriterACT
- CCSoftware test engineer - Telecom/NetworkACT
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- FTBusiness Intelligence Team LeadVIC
- CCContract Programmer (JAVA/HTML/PHP) 160819/P/733Asia
- CCSr Project Manager - BASELINEACT
- CCFunctional & System Integration Test AnalystACT
- CCSr. Project Manager- Infrastructure- Data Centre,VirtualizationNSW
- CCCustomer Service RepresentativeQLD