Apple's new iPad remains the tablet to beat, but this is a minor upgrade over its predecessor
The iPad mini is an exceptionally built tablet with a fantastic app library, but it's let down by a less than stellar display
Apple released a very narrowly targeted update for iOS on Monday--one many iOS users might never notice, in fact.
Google's new Maps app for iPhone arrived in the App Store late Wednesday, in a move likely to please users disappointed with Apple Maps in iOS 6. While the new app leverages Google's robust mapping data, it has a few weak spots of its own--most notab...
Much as we might like iOS 6 around these parts, it's not without its flaws and foibles. Hence Apple's release of iOS 6.0.1 for the iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
In just four short weeks, iOS 6’s Passbook feature has totally revolutionized the life of you, me, and everybody we know.
Your iPhone and iPad can speak aloud any text you can select. In this video, I'll show you how to enable that feature, and how to type emoji symbols in your text, too.
Jailbreaking--the process that enables you to install unauthorized-by-Apple third-party apps and additional features on your iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad--has been in a largely dormant state since the release of iOS 6. But it's back again.
My month with Windows Phone has drawn to a close, and the decision is before me: Do I stick with the Lumia 920, or return to my iPhone 5? There is perhaps no better description of my answer than that provided by the inimitable Peaches and Herb.
The water and dust resistant Sony Xperia Z is the company's new flagship Android phone for 2013. How will it stack up against Apple's iPhone 5?
iOS 5 dropped an important control that had existed in iOS 4: a switch to turn notifications off.
Despite its aesthetic achievements, Apple's Maps app in iOS 6 left a lot of users unhappy. Turns out that the years Google spent building out its mapping data were hugely important; Apple's data - which powered its new Maps app - didn't have the rea...
Nothing's perfect, and operating systems are no exception.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Mazda MX-5 (2016) review: Absolute driving purity
- 2 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 3 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 4 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
- 5 Microsoft Lumia 640 review: Honouring Nokia's legacy
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Kogan Mobile upgrades to 4G network
- Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- MIT uses 4D maps to help robot teams navigate moving obstacles
- A new AMD licensing deal could create more x86 rivals for Intel
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCOperational Team LeadVIC
- CCSCRUM MasterNSW
- CCSenior Financial Crime AnalystVIC
- FTSenior Middleware Lead Shared Services (Support and EngineeringVIC
- FTInfrastructure Project ManagerACT
- CCPortfolio Manager - Customer Service SystemVIC
- FTSecurity Accreditation - IT Security AnalystACT
- CCSystem admin with SQL server experience | Defence-wide project | NV1 neededACT
- CCTest Analyst - Contact Centre TechnologiesVIC
- CCSales Development Executive - Flexible Working HoursNSW
- CCContract Snr IT Assistant (IT Operation/UNIX) 160504/SITA/982Asia
- FTSystem EngineerACT
- CCSiebel AnalystACT
- CCSenior UX/UI DesignerNSW
- CCSenior Project Manager, Technology Upgrade & RefreshNSW
- FTChange Lead- DigitalVIC
- CCBusiness AnalystSA
- CCNV1 | System admin with SQL server experience for Defence Application SupportACT
- CCSenior Analyst, Applications - GDWVIC
- CCSenior Project ManagerVIC
- CCSr. Iteration ManagerVIC
- FTPMO AnalystNSW
- FTSenior Project Manager - Payroll IntegrationVIC
- CCSAP BASIS ConsultantVIC
- CCSystem Administration / Application Support | NV2 clearance neededACT