Samsung Electronics is joining forces with retailer Carphone Warehouse to create 60 dedicated Samsung stores in Europe, hoping that will help keep the growing competition in the Android smartphone market at bay.
Bitcoin could gain widespread acceptance if clear government rules are put in place, but burdensome regulations could clip the wings of a fledgling industry, some of the biggest names in Bitcoin investing said at a New York public hearing Tuesday.
Qualcomm has acquired a large patent portfolio related to Palm, iPaq and the Bitfone device management platform from Hewlett-Packard for an undisclosed sum.
Venture capitalists poured more money into Internet companies last year than they have since the dot-com bust, according to a survey published Friday.
French network operator Orange has acquired a minority stake in the Japanese company G-cluster Global, as it looks to accelerate its mobile gaming push.
Global spending on IT and telecom products and services will grow 3.1 percent between 2013 and 2014, compared to just 0.4 percent a year earlier, with enterprise software spending driving much of the growth, according to Gartner projections.
Global spending on technology will rise 6.2 percent in U.S. dollars to US$2.22 trillion in 2014, helped by an improving economy and growing interest in areas such as mobility and cloud computing, according to new data from Forrester Research.
Investments from network operators Telstra, Telefónica and others will help fuel Box's international expansion.
Don't expect any U.S.-made iPhones yet, but electronics supplier Foxconn Technology Group is expanding its manufacturing presence in the nation with a new US$40 million investment to tap research and talent in Pennsylvania.
Vodafone now plans to invest £7 billion (US$11.1 billion) in network and service improvements to turn around its sagging service revenue in Europe, the mobile operator said as it announced its results for six months to Sept. 30.
Aiming to produce more electronics with the "Made in USA" label, Foxconn Technology Group said Saturday it was considering setting up a factory in Arizona to possibly build TVs, display panels and product casings.
Facebook is moving to bigger offices in London and Dublin to accommodate its rapidly expanding European workforce.
Apple plans to build a components plant in Mesa, Arizona, that will run entirely on renewable energy.
BlackBerry will change its CEO and accept a US$1 billion loan from a consortium involving shareholder Fairfax Financial Holdings as it struggles with inventory and strategy problems. The company has abandoned plans to sell itself.
BlackBerry will change its CEO and accept a $US1 billion loan from a consortium involving shareholder Fairfax Financial Holdings as it struggles with inventory and strategy problems. The company has abandoned plans to sell itself.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 2 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 3 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 4 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
- 5 Microsoft Lumia 640 review: Honouring Nokia's legacy
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- 10 things you need to know about Intel's crazy 10-core Broadwell-E CPU
- Ballistix demonstrates first NVMe drive performance at Computex
- Computex: SSD makers who don't make U.2 SSDs say U.2 is 'dead on arrival' but motherboard maker shows otherwise
- 100 illuminated Intel drones to perform at Vivid Sydney
- Intel beefs up VR ammo with Extreme Edition Core i7 chips
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCSoftware Engineer (Client facing) - Publisher SolutionsNSW
- FTLinux Infrastructure EngineerVIC
- CCBusiness Analyst or Information AnalystNSW
- CCTechnology Lead / Senior Developer - Java (Urgent)NSW
- CCProjects Resource/ Workforce ManagerVIC
- FTInfrastructure Specialist VMwareNSW
- FTNetwork Engineer- LinuxWA
- CCProgram Communications SpecialistVIC
- CCContract Programmer (MS SQL Server/SQL/Web) 160518/P/626Asia
- CCData Migration Quality Manager- SAP ECCNSW
- CCTechnical WriterACT
- CCSenior Network Engineer - NV1ACT
- FT.NET DevelopersQLD
- FTTest Capability ManagerVIC
- CCBusiness Analyst, AdviceNSW
- CCProject Manager/Iteration ManagerVIC
- CCIT Change CoordinatorNSW
- CCTechnology Lead/ Senior Developer - Java (Urgent)NSW
- CCMultiple .Net DevelopersNSW
- FTAgile CoachNSW
- CCSQL DeveloperNSW
- FTGraduate IT Support OfficerNSW
- FTTest AnalystVIC
- CCIT Support Analyst// Service Desk Support/ Level 1 SupportNSW
- CCSenior Oracle Systems SpecialistNSW