With their own dedicated processor and operating system, LTE/3G modems built into new business laptops and tablets could be a valuable target for hackers by providing a stealthy way to maintain persistent access to an infected device.
Travel industry software maker Sabre is the latest company said to have been hit by the same hackers who recently attacked U.S. health insurer Anthem and the U.S. Office of Personnel Management (OPM), while American Airlines has been investigating it...
An attack using the SMB file sharing protocol that has been believed to work only within local area networks for over a decade can also be executed over the Internet, two researchers showed at the Black Hat security conference.
The hacking group that targeted unclassified email systems at the U.S. Department of State and the White House is believed to have also compromised a network used by the Joint Chiefs of Staff, a body of senior U.S. military leaders.
File synchronization services, used to accommodate roaming employees inside organizations, can also be a weak point that attackers could exploit to remain undetected inside compromised networks.
Police in Austin, Texas, set up sting operations with cars they have under surveillance, watching for thieves to break into them. Marcus J. Carey's Web service, HoneyDocs -- born in the same city -- uses the same concept, only with computer files.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Subaru XV 2017 review
- 2 Samsung 2017 QLED Q7 TV: Full, in-depth review
- 3 Kogan Atlas UltraSlim Pro laptop: full, in-depth review
- 4 Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming 5 AMD Ryzen AM4 motherboard review
- 5 Kogan curved 4K UHD 55-inch LED LCD TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- How to stop websites from asking for your location in Chrome, Edge, Firefox, Opera, Safari
- Microsoft cuts off 40 percent of Windows phones with Creators Update shift
- Google will try to combat fake news using search and user feedback
- Wilson's Heart review: Not a perfect virtual reality game, but certainly the best so far
- Best Buy has knocked $50 off the Ring Video Doorbell Pro
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- TPWeb DeveloperNSW
- FTContracts ManagerNSW
- CCSenior Domain ArchitectVIC
- CCSenior System AdministratorQLD
- CCWindows Server EngineerNSW
- CCSecurity ConsultantVIC
- CCSecurity Architect Port MacquarieNSW
- CCDesktop Support/ Field Services EngineerQLD
- FTSenior System AdministratorVIC
- FTAsst. Director - Claim AnalysisACT
- CCSenior Network Architect l CCNP/CCIE R&S l Cisco ACINSW
- FTChange ManagerNSW
- FTSenior / Lead AEM DeveloperNSW
- FTMarket Data Analyst, Investment BankingNSW
- FTInfrastructure Project Manager Office 365 ImplementationVIC
- FTHelpdesk AnalystNSW
- FTSoftware Engineer - Build/Image MaintenanceACT
- FTFront End .Net Developer. Permanent jobACT
- TPEnterprise ArchitectQLD
- FTUser Support AnalystNSW
- FTWindows Server Engineer MCSE, SCCM, SCOM, PowershellNSW
- FTJunior Business Analyst / Project Coordinator dual roleVIC
- FTRecruitment ConsultantSA
- CCTechnical Consutlant - Entry Level - HPSMNSW
- FTSenior Java EngineerWA