Hackers of likely Chinese origin infiltrated computers belonging to the foreign affairs ministries of five unnamed European countries ahead of the G20 Summit in September, according to security researchers at FireEye.
Thirteen people, including the creator of Blackhole, a popular exploit tool used to infect computers with malware, were arrested and charged in Russia with creating and participating in a criminal organization.
Explosive revelations in the past six months about the U.S. government's massive cyber-spying activities have spooked individuals, rankled politicians and enraged privacy watchdogs, but top IT executives aren't panicking -- yet.
A security researcher has released software and technical instructions for modifying a drone so that it can identify and hijack other drones.
In a development likely to concern those who believe that a system that's not connected to a network is safe from surveillance, researchers have demonstrated that microphones and speakers built into laptops can be used to covertly transmit and receiv...
Police in Austin, Texas, set up sting operations with cars they have under surveillance, watching for thieves to break into them. Marcus J. Carey's Web service, HoneyDocs -- born in the same city -- uses the same concept, only with computer files.
Latest News Articles
- President Lincoln makes cameo in Apple Samsung court battle
- Show us a better way than collecting metadata, NSA director says to critics
- NY state AG demands answers on smartphone security decision
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7.0 issued in beta form
- Oracle launches revved-up new version of Exadata
Most Popular Articles
- 1 How to update your Samsung Galaxy S4 to Android 4.3 Google Edition
- 2 Aldi's new budget 8in Android tablet has 3G, makes phone calls
- 3 Tethering tutorial: How to use your iPhone as a modem
- 4 Capacitive vs resistive touchscreens
- 5 Aldi's new budget Android smartphone isn't very good value
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
Best Deals on GoodGearGuide
Best Deals on PCWorld
- Networking, Wireless & VoIPView all »
- NotebooksView all »
- TabletsView all »
- Mobile PhonesView all »
- Printers & ScannersView all »