With their own dedicated processor and operating system, LTE/3G modems built into new business laptops and tablets could be a valuable target for hackers by providing a stealthy way to maintain persistent access to an infected device.
Travel industry software maker Sabre is the latest company said to have been hit by the same hackers who recently attacked U.S. health insurer Anthem and the U.S. Office of Personnel Management (OPM), while American Airlines has been investigating it...
An attack using the SMB file sharing protocol that has been believed to work only within local area networks for over a decade can also be executed over the Internet, two researchers showed at the Black Hat security conference.
The hacking group that targeted unclassified email systems at the U.S. Department of State and the White House is believed to have also compromised a network used by the Joint Chiefs of Staff, a body of senior U.S. military leaders.
File synchronization services, used to accommodate roaming employees inside organizations, can also be a weak point that attackers could exploit to remain undetected inside compromised networks.
Police in Austin, Texas, set up sting operations with cars they have under surveillance, watching for thieves to break into them. Marcus J. Carey's Web service, HoneyDocs -- born in the same city -- uses the same concept, only with computer files.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 2 Mazda MX-5 (2016) review: Absolute driving purity
- 3 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 4 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Immigration Minister Peter Dutton becomes Creepy internet meme
- Dick Smith relaunches as online-only business
- Giphy Keys wants to be the default iOS keyboard for GIF lovers
- Report: HTC to finally launch Android Wear smartwatch in June
- Facebook Messenger testing Snapchat-style disappearing messages for iOS
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCSr. Business Analyst - ServicePLUSVIC
- CCContract Programmer (Crystal Report/HTML/SQL) 160428/P/244Asia
- FTAzure ArchitectQLD
- CCSenior Project Manager - HealthcareVIC
- CCWeb Content Developer- Angular, PHP, interface backgroundNSW
- CCProject Specialist - Contact Center and Unified CommunicationsVIC
- CCSenior Project Manager, Portfolio Services ManagementNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/Oracle/Unix) 160509/AP/395Asia
- CCProject CoordinatorACT
- CCInfra Project Manager-Data Center, Cloud, Storage, NetworkNSW
- FTMs Dynamics Nav Support Analyst- Level 1/2WA
- CCWebOps EngineerVIC
- FTSystem testersACT
- CCSenior AGILE Business AnalystNSW
- CCInfrastructure Assurance OfficerACT
- CCApplication Solution ArchitectNSW
- CCRelease Management LeadNSW
- CCNetwork DesignerVIC
- FTChange Lead- DigitalVIC
- FTGentrack ConsultantVIC
- CCSenior Project Manager - Workforce ManagementVIC
- CCFull Stack Developers - JavaNSW
- CCSales Development Executive - Flexible Working HoursNSW
- CCSQL DeveloperVIC
- FTSystem EngineerACT