Facebook has released new software for Android phones that gives quick access to Facebook services and aims to further boost use of the social network on mobile devices.
Cloud computing company Rackspace has sued two companies it describes as 'patent trolls' for breach of contract, and asked a federal court for a declaratory judgment that it did not infringe three patents owned by one of the companies, Parallel Iron.
Facebook's Home mobile software for Android-equipped smartphones might only appeal to the most active Facebook users at first, but the company's plan to integrate third-party social services into it could broaden its appeal.
Facebook is not building its own smartphone. Instead, it today unveiled Home, a Facebook-focused home screen designed to give Android users quick access to their Facebook friends.
It's not quite the long-rumored Facebook Phone, but HTC's new First phone isn't far off.
Russian Web search firm Yandex launched a public DNS (Domain Name System) resolution service on Thursday that leverages the company's existing website scanning technology to block access to malicious and adult-rated sites.
Twitter's not-so-great app for Android is now smoother and sleeker, thanks to an upgrade available Wednesday on Google Play.
The largest bitcoin exchange said Thursday it is fighting an intense distributed denial-of-service attack it believes is intended at manipulating the price of virtual currency, which has seen volatile price swings in the past few days.
BlackBerry is to discontinue its BBM Music service on June 2, and is referring current customers to the Rdio music service for 30 days of free music.
Twitter's in-the-moment stream of quick comments and links might seem tailor-made for those with short attention spans, but the company is rolling out changes that will make tweets more interactive, including the ability to access mobile apps from in...
Salesforce.com continues to build out its Chatter social networking and collaboration software, with upcoming "social intelligence" capabilities that will allow users to find information through new Topics and Expertise categories.
A new report shows just how much smartphone users love Facebook, checking it as much as 14 times a day. In advance of Thursday's Facebook phone announcement, this could be good news for the social network.
Chinese internet giant Baidu is also developing its own Google Glass-like device that will allow for hands-free Internet searches. But the company has yet to decide if the device will ever reach the market.
Line, the messaging platform widely used in Japan, is breaking out of Asia and now has 10 million users in Spain, the company said Wednesday.
Google is hoping to make it easier for developers to integrate SMS or voice communications in applications running on the company's App Engine platform.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost review
- 2 Synology DS216+ Review
- 3 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 4 Tech21 Evo Xplorer iPhone case review
- 5 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- WiFi review: Does MU-MIMO currently make a difference?
- Check out our Father’s Day Gift Guide
- Stratasys unveils mega, robotic 3D printers to build large parts
- iOS 10 gives apps room to grow
- Google is bringing its Wi-Fi Assistant feature to all Nexus phones
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCProject Manager - Operational TechnologyQLD
- FTIT ManagerAsia
- FTImplementation ConsultantNSW
- CCSenior Project Manager - Contact CentresNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (IT Application/Web) 160825/AP/183Asia
- CCICT Security Design & Implementation - NV1ACT
- CCWebSphere Message BrokerACT
- CCContract IT Assistant (SQL/Windows7/8/10) 160901/AP/781Asia
- FTNational ICT Senior Technical Support EngineerACT
- CCUNIX/ LINUX SERVER ENGINEERVIC
- CCIT Support Officer- SAP (tool experience)NSW
- CCSystem Analyst - NetIQNSW
- CCFull stack Java Developer- NoSQL database, Amazon AWS productsNSW
- CCSenior Android DeveloperVIC
- CCData AnalystACT
- CCContract Systems Analyst (Cognos/JAVA/J2EE) 160831/SA/122Asia
- CCChange LeadsNSW
- CCTest Environment ManagerNSW
- CCComms project specialistVIC
- CCCA Gen Model Management-Oracle RDBMS, Oracle Solaris, TTNNSW
- CCData ModellerACT
- CCContract Systems Analyst (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160902/SA/812Asia
- CCEmail Production SpecialistNSW
- CCData Migration SpecialistSA
- CCProgram Director, Cyber Security TransformationNSW