The U.S. government has lifted sanctions on the export of a variety of consumer communications devices, software and services including mobile phones to Iran ahead of elections in that country.
Tumblr is now putting ads in users' feeds on the desktop, in what could be the first move toward making sure the social blogging site is a profitable business for Yahoo.
A 1996 podcasting patent is in the crosshairs of two digital rights groups, which are hoping the public will help them get the patent invalidated.
Google is trying to make it easier to find nutrition information online for a wide range of foods with a new search feature whose aim is to address the "cumbersome and daunting process" of making smart eating choices.
Zoho is getting into the business social-networking game with a new product called Pulse, which also ties back to many of its other applications.
Public cloud and managed hosting provider Rackspace has rolled technology from Vyatta into its services, allowing customers to set granulated network segmentation policies that dictate which users and what type of traffic have access to which hosted ...
Nissan and some other big brands have suspended advertising campaigns on Facebook after ads were apparently displayed next to offensive content on the site.
Just like on Twitter, Facebook is now putting a small, blue check mark next to the names of celebrities and other high-profile people and businesses on the site to signify their authenticity.
Using a new API announced by Amazon Web Services, developers can use Amazon.com, Facebook, or Google's sign-in systems for their cloud-based apps.
Facebook is admitting that it can do a better job in removing certain types of hate speech on the site, and is introducing some new policies to improve its track record.
Twitter has reached a settlement with Skootle that prohibits the Tennessee-based company from spamming Twitter users' feeds with marketing and other promotional content.
Moderate Muslims and other people concerned with online radicalization efforts need to counter the extremist propaganda young Muslims are getting on the Web with more positive messages, members of the U.S. Islamic community said.
The U.S. Department of Justice has indicted online payment processor Liberty Reserve for laundering US$6 billion in a series of global transactions, which the agency charges may be the largest international money laundering prosecution in history.
A Japanese streaming content provider will launch the country's first cloud-based gaming console, a small modem-like device that plugs into a TV and offers subscription access to titles from US$5 per month.
Judging from the number of people poring over their smartphones on the sidewalk, in their cars and in public places, mobile seems to have stolen our attention away from the wired Internet and traditional TV.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 2 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 3 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 4 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
- 5 Microsoft Lumia 640 review: Honouring Nokia's legacy
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- 11 Easy tips to keep yourself and your children safe online
- The Division review
- Need for Speed PC Review
- Asus ROG teases a massive gaming notebook that outperforms Titan X
- Dell's 4-screen multimonitor setup looks like one enormous 43-inch display
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCNV1 Consultant | Groundbreaking Defence decision support applicationACT
- FTTechnical LeadNSW
- CCEnd to End Project Manager - PMO and GovernanceVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (J2EE/Oracle) 160520/AP/985Asia
- CCLinux AdministratorVIC
- FTFunctional Business AnalystNSW
- CCIT Security Consultant -NSW
- FTSystems EngineerACT
- FTSecurity Software EngineerACT
- CCSolutions Architect - Enterprise ApplicationsNSW
- FTNV2 Defence Project Manager | Major exciting White Paper projectsACT
- CCOracle DBA | 3-6mth ContractVIC
- CCBI/Information/Data/Solution ArchitectNSW
- FTManager, Applications SpecialistNSW
- CCLMS Administrator and e- Learning Development Project OfficerSA
- CCSolution ArchitectNSW
- CCTechnical System Engineer (Linux/Mobile/SQL)160524/TSE/vmtAsia
- CCSenior Test AnalystQLD
- CCTechnical WriterACT
- CCProject/ Change ManagerQLD
- FTSenior Systems EngineerACT
- CCAWS Developer/LeadNSW
- CCIteration Manager/Agile Project ManagerNSW
- CCMS SCOM AdministratorVIC
- CCBusiness AnalystACT