Facebook is adding video capability to Instagram, the popular photo-sharing service acquired by the social network last year.
Web content filtering company Netsweeper has supplied its products to Pakistan, even as some top IT companies have refused to supply gear for a controversial filtering project, a Canadian research group has disclosed.
Security enhancements outweigh potential risks around storing data in US servers as the Houses of Parliament implements its public cloud strategy.
With more than a billion monthly active users, it's easy to imagine that most of the data travelling over Facebook's networks is delivering photos, status updates and "likes" to its end users, but that's far from the case.
Twitter has bought Spindle, a search technology company that informs users about what's happening with local businesses and organizations around them.
Facebook's coffee-stained paper invitation to a Thursday announcement in Menlo Park promised a new product, which by all accounts will be Vine-like videos for Instagram. Not exactly new, but Facebook is clearly taking aim at Twitter.
CERN is making the infrastructure that handles the data from the Large Hadron Collider (LHC) more flexible by upgrading it with OpenStack for virtualization and Puppet for configuration management.
Internet tools are just starting to be applied to industrial tasks such as maintaining equipment and optimizing operations, but the wealth of data being produced by industrial systems could make this a major focus of development in the coming years.
Microsoft is upping the stakes in the growing market for cloud-based ERP, with its Dynamics GP 2013 and NAV 2013 products now available for deployment on its Azure service.
Google has asked the court overseeing terrorism-related surveillance programs at the U.S. National Security Agency to allow the company to publish information on the number of surveillance requests it receives.
Frustrated by their difficulty prosecuting cases involving online content that is illegal or damaging to individuals, a group of state attorneys general are taking action.
U.S. law enforcement agencies have disrupted more than 50 terrorist plots in the U.S. and other countries with the help of controversial surveillance efforts at the U.S. National Security Agency, government officials said Tuesday.
Europe’s top law-making body is working to bring its websites into line with the cookie tracking laws it enforces on other entities.
Speculation abounds that Facebook Thursday will unveil tools to enable its popular Instagram app to take and share short videos.
Yahoo has received between 12,000 to 13,000 requests for user data from law enforcement agencies in the U.S. between Dec. 1 and May 31 this year, the company said Monday.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost review
- 2 Synology DS216+ Review
- 3 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 4 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 5 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Sony Xperia X Performance review: Sony’s most disappointing product in years
- 802.11ac Wi-Fi gear driving strong WLAN equipment sales
- Microsoft declares 350M devices now on Windows 10
- Facebook chooses friends and family over celebrities in your feed, which is probably healthy
- Florida man sues Apple for $10 billion for 'stealing' his iPhone invention from 1992
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCWindows 2003-2012 R2 Active Directory Consultant/ManagerNSW
- CCUX DesignersQLD
- CCLead Solution Analyst - BMC Remedy softwareVIC
- CCBusiness Data AnalystNSW
- CCUser Experience AnalystACT
- FTUX DesignerVIC
- CCProgram DirectorNSW
- CCProgrammer (IT Security/Website Administration) 160711/P/565Asia
- CCTest LeadNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst, InsuranceNSW
- CCServiceNow DeveloperVIC
- CCSharePoint DeveloperSA
- CCMiddleware Developer - BaselineACT
- CCSalesforce DeveloperVIC
- CCSAP BASIS ConsultantVIC
- CCSalesforce Technical Business AnalystNSW
- FTSenior Front End DeveloperNSW
- CCx2 AEM Frontend/UI DevelopersVIC
- CCHybrid Mobile App DeveloperNSW
- CCAnalyst Programmer (J2EE/ SQL*PLUS/PL/SQL/PRO*C) 160617/AP/983Asia
- CCBusiness Impact AssessmentsVIC
- CCContract Systems Analyst (Linux/MySQL/Oracle) 160630/SA/254Asia
- CCSolution Analyst - CloudVIC
- CCBiztalk developerNSW