Oracle's revenue was flat year-over-year in its fourth quarter at $US10.9 billion, while profits rose 10 per cent to $US3.8 billion, as the company reported strong growth in sales for Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) subscriptions and "engineered systems...
The U.S. government is one of the largest customers of data analytics from tech firms, and the National Security Agency has recruited a top security officer from Facebook, according to a report in the New York Times.
Facebook is adding video capability to Instagram, the popular photo-sharing service acquired by the social network last year.
Web content filtering company Netsweeper has supplied its products to Pakistan, even as some top IT companies have refused to supply gear for a controversial filtering project, a Canadian research group has disclosed.
Security enhancements outweigh potential risks around storing data in US servers as the Houses of Parliament implements its public cloud strategy.
With more than a billion monthly active users, it's easy to imagine that most of the data travelling over Facebook's networks is delivering photos, status updates and "likes" to its end users, but that's far from the case.
Twitter has bought Spindle, a search technology company that informs users about what's happening with local businesses and organizations around them.
Facebook's coffee-stained paper invitation to a Thursday announcement in Menlo Park promised a new product, which by all accounts will be Vine-like videos for Instagram. Not exactly new, but Facebook is clearly taking aim at Twitter.
CERN is making the infrastructure that handles the data from the Large Hadron Collider (LHC) more flexible by upgrading it with OpenStack for virtualization and Puppet for configuration management.
Internet tools are just starting to be applied to industrial tasks such as maintaining equipment and optimizing operations, but the wealth of data being produced by industrial systems could make this a major focus of development in the coming years.
Microsoft is upping the stakes in the growing market for cloud-based ERP, with its Dynamics GP 2013 and NAV 2013 products now available for deployment on its Azure service.
Google has asked the court overseeing terrorism-related surveillance programs at the U.S. National Security Agency to allow the company to publish information on the number of surveillance requests it receives.
Frustrated by their difficulty prosecuting cases involving online content that is illegal or damaging to individuals, a group of state attorneys general are taking action.
U.S. law enforcement agencies have disrupted more than 50 terrorist plots in the U.S. and other countries with the help of controversial surveillance efforts at the U.S. National Security Agency, government officials said Tuesday.
Europe’s top law-making body is working to bring its websites into line with the cookie tracking laws it enforces on other entities.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 3 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 4 Panasonic Viera DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review
- 5 Parrot Mambo Drone review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Star Wars Death Star Bluetooth levitating rotating speaker review
- Smartwatches wear out their welcome with Motorola
- The mysteries of the GPU in Apple's iPhone 7 are unlocked
- Apple reportedly betting on drones and indoor data to make Maps better
- Apple now takes your old Apple Watch for free recycling
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Best phone of the year 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- CCTechnical Security LeadNSW
- FTSenior Analyst ProgrammerNSW
- CCLead Systems EngineerNSW
- FTSOE Team LeaderWA
- CCFacilities Coordinator - Multiple RolesVIC
- TPSenior UI Front End DeveloperQLD
- FTTelco TechnicianNSW
- FTTechnical Writer - HealthcareVIC
- TPApplications Project ManagerQLD
- CCAPI DeveloperVIC
- FTProject CoordinatorVIC
- TPSenior Software EngineerQLD
- FTSenior Project ManagerNSW
- CCTest Manager - Data Warehouse experienceACT
- FTLevel 2 Service Desk AnalystQLD
- FTProject Management - Infrastructure projectsACT
- CCProject Manager - Cabling, Network Sys Design and DeliveryNSW
- CCMicrosoft Dynamics AX Functional Consultant Advanced Warehouse ManagementNSW
- FTSenior Project Manager / Program ManagerNSW
- TPProcurement & Contracts ManagerQLD
- FTTest AnalystVIC
- FTSoftware DeveloperWA
- CCApplication Blueprinting Engineer ( Developer).ACT
- FTJapanese Speaking Technical Support EngineerNSW
- FTLicensing SpecialistVIC