The U.S. government is one of the largest customers of data analytics from tech firms, and the National Security Agency has recruited a top security officer from Facebook, according to a report in the New York Times.
Facebook is adding video capability to Instagram, the popular photo-sharing service acquired by the social network last year.
Web content filtering company Netsweeper has supplied its products to Pakistan, even as some top IT companies have refused to supply gear for a controversial filtering project, a Canadian research group has disclosed.
Security enhancements outweigh potential risks around storing data in US servers as the Houses of Parliament implements its public cloud strategy.
With more than a billion monthly active users, it's easy to imagine that most of the data travelling over Facebook's networks is delivering photos, status updates and "likes" to its end users, but that's far from the case.
Twitter has bought Spindle, a search technology company that informs users about what's happening with local businesses and organizations around them.
Facebook's coffee-stained paper invitation to a Thursday announcement in Menlo Park promised a new product, which by all accounts will be Vine-like videos for Instagram. Not exactly new, but Facebook is clearly taking aim at Twitter.
CERN is making the infrastructure that handles the data from the Large Hadron Collider (LHC) more flexible by upgrading it with OpenStack for virtualization and Puppet for configuration management.
Internet tools are just starting to be applied to industrial tasks such as maintaining equipment and optimizing operations, but the wealth of data being produced by industrial systems could make this a major focus of development in the coming years.
Microsoft is upping the stakes in the growing market for cloud-based ERP, with its Dynamics GP 2013 and NAV 2013 products now available for deployment on its Azure service.
Google has asked the court overseeing terrorism-related surveillance programs at the U.S. National Security Agency to allow the company to publish information on the number of surveillance requests it receives.
Frustrated by their difficulty prosecuting cases involving online content that is illegal or damaging to individuals, a group of state attorneys general are taking action.
U.S. law enforcement agencies have disrupted more than 50 terrorist plots in the U.S. and other countries with the help of controversial surveillance efforts at the U.S. National Security Agency, government officials said Tuesday.
Europe’s top law-making body is working to bring its websites into line with the cookie tracking laws it enforces on other entities.
Speculation abounds that Facebook Thursday will unveil tools to enable its popular Instagram app to take and share short videos.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost review
- 2 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 3 Tech21 Evo Xplorer iPhone case review
- 4 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 5 Microsoft Lumia 640 review: Honouring Nokia's legacy
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Linksys AC600 MU-MIMO WiFi review
- Hardcore Hardware: The CyberPower Pro Streaming I300 is made for Twitch stardom
- Only Apple Music subscribers will get to watch Apple's live music fest this year
- Here's how the Xbox One S stacks up to the original
- WiFi review: Does MU-MIMO currently make a difference?
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCJava DeveloperACT
- CCContract Programmer (JAVA/HTML/PHP) 160819/P/733Asia
- CCMurex Developers x 2NSW
- CCSr IT Support specialist - MCSE- L2/L3- Travelling requiredNSW
- CCAnalyst Programmer/Snr. Analyst Programmer 20160817/vedAsia
- CCContract Programmer (JAVA/XML) 160818/P/872Asia
- CCSAP ArchitectSA
- CCContract Systems Analyst (Datacentre Maintenance) 160817/SA/993Asia
- CCSecurity ArchitectACT
- FTTest Lead - HP ALMNSW
- CCLinux EngineerVIC
- FTSenior IoT / M2M .Net DeveloperVIC
- FTBid Manager - Intelligent TechnologyVIC
- CCSAP Program Manager - CBDNSW
- CCContract IT Assistant (SQL/Windows7/8/10) 160901/AP/781Asia
- CCData AnalystACT
- CCService Desk AnalystNSW
- CCMainframe Application ArchitectNSW
- FTPrincipal Business Consultant- Wealth ManagementNSW
- CCSenior Java DeveloperVIC
- CCTechnical Support - iPAD, iPhone, Apple devicesNSW
- FTJava DeveloperNSW
- CCWindows EngineerVIC
- CCDesktop Support Level 1 /2VIC
- CCProject Coordinator (Paying $400-$450 per day)NSW