Social networking giant Facebook has taken another step at making the PHP Web programming language run more quickly. The company has developed a PHP Virtual Machine that it says can execute the language as much as nine times as quickly as running PHP...
Google is shutting down the Google+ Local places and discovery app for iOS devices and will be transitioning its features over to its Maps app, the company said Friday.
Tech earnings this week highlighted the importance of mobile communications to IT, as companies including Apple, Samsung, Facebook, AT&T and Texas Instruments reported mixed results for the quarter ending in June.
The U.S. will not seek the death penalty for Edward Snowden, the former intelligence contractor responsible for leaking documents revealing classified government surveillance programs, according to a recent letter from attorney general Eric Holder.
A proposed code of conduct for mobile app developers intended to make them explain how user data is collected and used does not have a clear enforcement mechanism, one privacy advocate said.
Zynga will get "back to basics" and take a "longer term view" of its business after reporting that its user base has declined by almost a half in the past year.
If Google TV was on life support before Chromecast arrived, the new media streaming device isn't prompting a pull of the plug -- at least according to Google.
Java platform service provider CloudBees has acquired FoxWeave, a provider of cloud-based data integration services, with the intent of adding FoxWeave's data integration technology to its own growing stack of cloud services.
PayPal is opening up its bug bounty program to individuals aged 14 and older, a move intended to reward younger researchers who are technically ineligible to hold full-fledged PayPal accounts.
Google has introduced a cheaper rival product to the Apple TV set-top box with Chromecast, a small portable device that streams video and music from people's computers and mobile devices to their televisions.
Google is rolling out a second-generation Nexus 7 tablet designed for improved performance and portability, featuring the company's just-announced mobile operating system, Android Jelly Bean 4.3.
Amazon Web Services has filed a complaint in a U.S. court after the Government Accountability Office sustained in part a protest by IBM against the award of a contract by the CIA for a cloud computing project.
Instagram users fretting about ads clogging up their image feed can breath easy, at least for now. Facebook said Wednesday it has no immediate plans to put ads in its photo-sharing app -- though make no mistake, they are coming eventually.
The U.S. House of Representatives has narrowly rejected an effort to stop the National Security Agency from collecting millions of U.S. residents' telephone records.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 2 Mazda MX-5 (2016) review: Absolute driving purity
- 3 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 4 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Optus looks to lock in EPL fans with new bundles
- How Intel knocked itself out of the smartphone chip market
- Steam updates user reviews to better reflect trends
- May the Fourth be with you: 4 Star Wars tech tributes you can actually use
- Opera pulls trigger on baked-in ad blocker
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCAccount Manager - Software Solutions - Global IT CompanyNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst - ICT SecurityNSW
- CCFront End DeveloperVIC
- FTSenior Business Intelligence ManagerNSW
- CCSystem admin with SQL server experience | Defence-wide project | NV1 neededACT
- CCICT Project Manager - Contact Centre/Telephony FocusNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst - Digital/Financial ServicesNSW
- CCJava Developer- 12 month contractNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/Oracle/Unix) 160509/AP/395Asia
- FTSharePoint DeveloperSA
- CCApplication Migration ArchitectACT
- CCProject ManagerVIC
- CCSenior Front End / UI Developer (React.js / LESS / SASS)NSW
- CCIntegration Delivery Project ManagerNSW
- FTSenior DBA / Team LeadVIC
- FTProduction ConsultantVIC
- CCSenior Implementation AnalystNSW
- CC.NET Developer (Application production Support)NSW
- CCSenior Enterprise Architect - eCommerceVIC
- FTSQL DeveloperNSW
- CCOnline Shop Operations Consultant (eCommerce)VIC
- CCDesktop Engineer, renewable contractAsia
- CCData AnalystVIC
- FTJunior Inside Sales Rep | National systems integrator & MSP | $60-70K+NSW