The Netherlands banking regulator has approved Amazon Web Services (AWS) for use by financial organizations, Amazon said on Monday.
As the dust settles after SoftBank's US$21.6 billion acquisition of Sprint, losing bidder Dish Network may be just getting started at stirring up the U.S. mobile industry.
Social networking giant Facebook has taken another step at making the PHP Web programming language run more quickly. The company has developed a PHP Virtual Machine that it says can execute the language as much as nine times as quickly as running PHP...
Google is shutting down the Google+ Local places and discovery app for iOS devices and will be transitioning its features over to its Maps app, the company said Friday.
Tech earnings this week highlighted the importance of mobile communications to IT, as companies including Apple, Samsung, Facebook, AT&T and Texas Instruments reported mixed results for the quarter ending in June.
The U.S. will not seek the death penalty for Edward Snowden, the former intelligence contractor responsible for leaking documents revealing classified government surveillance programs, according to a recent letter from attorney general Eric Holder.
A proposed code of conduct for mobile app developers intended to make them explain how user data is collected and used does not have a clear enforcement mechanism, one privacy advocate said.
Zynga will get "back to basics" and take a "longer term view" of its business after reporting that its user base has declined by almost a half in the past year.
If Google TV was on life support before Chromecast arrived, the new media streaming device isn't prompting a pull of the plug -- at least according to Google.
Java platform service provider CloudBees has acquired FoxWeave, a provider of cloud-based data integration services, with the intent of adding FoxWeave's data integration technology to its own growing stack of cloud services.
PayPal is opening up its bug bounty program to individuals aged 14 and older, a move intended to reward younger researchers who are technically ineligible to hold full-fledged PayPal accounts.
Google has introduced a cheaper rival product to the Apple TV set-top box with Chromecast, a small portable device that streams video and music from people's computers and mobile devices to their televisions.
Google is rolling out a second-generation Nexus 7 tablet designed for improved performance and portability, featuring the company's just-announced mobile operating system, Android Jelly Bean 4.3.
Amazon Web Services has filed a complaint in a U.S. court after the Government Accountability Office sustained in part a protest by IBM against the award of a contract by the CIA for a cloud computing project.
Instagram users fretting about ads clogging up their image feed can breath easy, at least for now. Facebook said Wednesday it has no immediate plans to put ads in its photo-sharing app -- though make no mistake, they are coming eventually.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 3 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 4 Panasonic Viera DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review
- 5 Parrot Mambo Drone review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Apple offers views on automated car policy, but cagey about its plans
- Watch Dogs 2 review: A fresh, interesting rebirth that ditches the stale Ubisoft formula
- How to shoot a drone out of the sky
- Report: Microsoft's Home Hub will chase Amazon's Echo as a software service
- Intel's silence on Optane SSDs raises questions about launch and focus
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Best phone of the year 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTFinancial AnalystNSW
- CCSenior Front End DeveloperQLD
- FTDesktop Deployment EngineerWA
- CCFullstack Developer (AngularJs & Java 8)QLD
- FTProject Finance Analyst (Contract)NSW
- TPLotus Notes DeveloperNSW
- CCMainframe Developer (with ASP.NET)QLD
- FTJunior Network Engineer (Juniper certified)SA
- FTMotor Claims ConsultantNSW
- FTService Lifecycle Management LeadVIC
- FT.Net DeveloperVIC
- FTSenior Project Analyst, PMO, WealthNSW
- FTFinancial AnalystNSW
- CCSolution Architect-PHPNSW
- CCJunior Desktop TechnicianACT
- CCAd Optimisation ManagerNSW
- CCWeb Analytics Specialist | 6 month contractNSW
- CCSolutions Designer/Architect- ServiceNowVIC
- FTSOE Team LeaderWA
- FTSenior Financial Planner - GeelongVIC
- CCExecutive AssistantACT
- CCProject ManagerNSW
- FTIT Service Design Analyst- ITSMNSW
- CCTechnical Solutions Architect - CloudNSW
- CCSoftware TesterNSW