The Federal Government’s mandatory internet service provider (ISP) level filter is still on the agenda, according to the Prime Minister, Julia Gillard.
Legislation supporting Labor's mandatory internet filtering project may not hit parliament until mid-2013, according to advice provided to Stephen Conroy by his department -- a timeframe which may make it an issue in the next election.
Antivirus provider Kaspersky Lab has released data showing that there are more than 4 million attempts by minors to access pornographic Web sites each day.
The year-long delay which Stephen Conroy has introduced before the planned implementation of the Federal Government's mandatory internet filter project has had a dramatic impact on the activities of the Communications Minister's Department.
The Greens have dug up a handful of further details about Labor's controversial mandatory filter project through the questions on notice procedure, including the fact that Communications Minister Stephen Conroy will shortly receive a report on a conf...
It's safe to say that Senator Stephen Conroy, the federal communications minister, has upset a lot of people in the IT community with his push for mandatory Internet filtering. Although it may seem remote, the thought of him being unseated at the upc...
On Friday, three of Australia's largest internet service providers simultaneously announced they would filter some internet content from ever reaching their customers.
The proposed Internet filter pushed by Communications Minister Stephen Conroy has been a source of controversy in Australia. Today it was revealed that the filter will be delayed by at least 12 months, while the Government further considers exactly w...
Internet filtering software that China plans to distribute nationwide blocks content related to a spiritual movement banned in China, despite government claims that the software targets only porn.
Latest News Articles
- UK government adopts ODF for document exchange with citizens and suppliers
- Dutch spy agencies can receive NSA data, court rules
- Oracle ships nearly 60 mobile apps for JD Edwards
- BlackBerry offers BES10 as a hosted service through partners
- Japan Airlines hopes smartwatches for gate staff will fly
Most Popular Articles
- 1 What does an NBN connection look like in a new home?
- 2 Buying guide: Ovens, cooktops and freestanding cookers (upright ranges)
- 3 The most disturbing YouTube videos of all time
- 4 Tethering tutorial: How to use your iPhone as a modem
- 5 How to connect your iPhone to your TV
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
Best Deals on GoodGearGuide
- Notebooks View all »
- Tablets View all »
- Mobile Phones View all »
- TVs View all »
- Digital Cameras View all »