The tech industry gave a mixed reaction Friday to President Obama's proposed government surveillance reforms, with some saying his plan for curtailing abuse left either glossed-over details or was unclear.
President Barack Obama positioned his proposals for government surveillance reforms within the context of U.S. history to argue that spying is -- and always has been -- necessary.
These Internet services pop up on millions of PCs and smartphones every day, selling goods, processing searches and offering the latest in celebrity gossip. But if you're not Chinese, you probably won't recognize their names; they're catering to the ...
Wikimedia, the foundation that hosts Wikipedia and other sites, is considering supporting the MP4 video file format on its projects, because it finds that the current open formats it supports limit the number of videos and the ability to view them on...
Google is testing a high-tech contact lens for people with diabetes as an alternative to finger pricks for glucose testing, the company said on Thursday.
Some 100 American Eagle clothing stores may not need greeters anymore: Soon they'll be saying a different kind of hello on your smartphone, advertising the latest deals.
Facebook has launched "trending," a new feature designed to surface popular topics being talked about on the site, in a move that increases its rivalry with Twitter, and, eventually, could also increase its advertising revenue.
You have to give spammers credit for effort: Symantec found a spam campaign that manages to abuse three Web services at the same time.
Yahoo's Chief Operating Officer Henrique de Castro is leaving the company a little over a year after he was hired, according to a filing by the company.
AOL is relinquishing its control of Patch, an online site for local news that has struggled to turn a profit.
A U.S. appeals court has cleared the way for thousands of Silicon Valley workers to proceed as a group with a lawsuit alleging that technology companies including Google and Apple colluded to drive down employee compensation.
Google is adding a feature to its Chrome mobile browser that can reduce data usage by up to 50 percent, which could avoid extra data charges from carriers.
Europe’s competition chief is running out of patience with Google’s attempts to avoid an antitrust fine.
While some vendor conferences can end up mired in technical minutiae, MicroStrategy believes it's better to show, not tell customers how its BI (business intelligence) software works, according to its president, Paul Zolfaghari.
The rapper Kanye West, leaving no stone unturned, has included Amazon.com -- and more than 50 others -- in a new lawsuit intended to shut down some digital currencies that have sprung up bearing some variation of his name.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost review
- 2 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 3 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 4 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Review: Incipio OtterBox and 3Sixt covers for the Samsung Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge
- All coverage from Computex 2016
- Agents of Mayhem hands-on: Saints Row meets SHIELD
- Top 10 emerging technologies from the World Economic Forum
- Twitter's new stickers are more useful than Snapchat
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCProject ManagerNSW
- CCAEM Backend DeveloperVIC
- CCMidrange Technical ArchitectQLD
- CCBusiness Analyst- Process Mapping Specialist- Gov / Bank backgdNSW
- CCSenior Applications SpecialistQLD
- CCIT Finance Systems Process AnalystNSW
- CCSenior Business AnalystVIC
- CCSolution DesignerACT
- CCSenior Media AnalystVIC
- CC.net DeveloperACT
- FTSenior Front End DeveloperNSW
- CCPMO AnalystVIC
- FTEnvironments Lead (Linux/ Automation)VIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (HTML/SQL/PHP) 160628/AP/113Asia
- CCSenior Solutions Architect - Marketing and Distribution systemsNSW
- CCProject Manager | Experimental military technology | NV1ACT
- CCHybrid Mobile App DeveloperNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (J2EE/JAVA/SQL) 160621/AP/082Asia
- CCField Network Engineer - GSM Networks.VIC
- FTNetwork EngineerNSW
- CCProject Scheduler - IT Security ProgramNSW
- CCNetwork EngineerVIC
- CCSecurity Engineer - SUMO focusNSW
- CCArchitect (AWS)NSW
- CCTenable Security - Technical ConsultantVIC