A group of Reddit users are arguing in a petition filed with the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office that the use of the term "gaymer" to identify their community on the site should remain in the public domain.
Representatives of newly launched file-storage and sharing service Mega addressed some of the concerns raised by security researchers in recent days about the site's architecture and the implementation of its cryptographic features.
Microsoft continues to expand its cloud offerings with the general availability of Windows Azure Media Services, which lets enterprises skip building their own infrastructure for streaming on-demand video.
Fuji Xerox will soon release software that links its office copiers to the Google Drive online storage service, a sign that the search engine's online business suite is making inroads in Japan.
Yahoo has acquired content discovery and sharing website Snip.it, and the service has been shut down.
Users who signed into third-party Web or mobile applications using their Twitter accounts might have given those applications access to their Twitter private "direct" messages without knowing it, according to Cesar Cerrudo, the chief technology offic...
Mozilla has launched Keon and Peak, two smartphones based on the web-centric Firefox OS platform.
Twitter's service had problems on Monday for over six hours with some users complaining the service was slow, while others could not access the service.
Kim Dotcom's bold new venture, the file-storage and sharing service Mega, is drawing criticism as security researchers analyze how the site protects users' data. In short, they advise: don't trust it.
Online encyclopedia Wikipedia may encounter service disruptions as it is migrated to servers at a data center in Ashburn, Virginia.
Google thinks it might have found an answer to the vexing problem of forgotten or weak passwords: "physical" passwords, which might come in the form of a piece of jewelry such as a ring.
Line, the messaging platform that is now ubiquitous in Japan, has hit 100 million users worldwide in 19 months.
Users of Microsoft's Bing search engine can now see a wider range of Facebook content from their friends appear alongside search results, part of an effort by Microsoft to make the site more social.
Facebook's new Graph Search tool is not the formidable competitor to Google or Yelp that some industry watchers have made it out to be in the aftermath of Tuesday's announcement of the early stage product. At least, not yet.
AT&T will expand its Business Exchange collaboration service by adding Polycom back-end infrastructure to complement the Cisco Systems technology it's been using for several years.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Nokia Lumia 830 review: Punching above its weight
- 2 BlackBerry Passport review: A smartphone going nowhere
- 3 Sony Xperia Z3 Compact review: A flagship at 4.6-inches
- 4 Microsoft Surface Pro 3 Windows 8.1 tablet
- 5 Samsung Galaxy Tab S (10.5) 4G review
Best Deals on GoodGearGuide
Latest News Articles
- Panasonic tries tablet service for assisted living homes
- What Facebook's Mark Zuckerberg said in Mandarin that so impressed the Chinese
- Motorola Moto 360: On sale 31 October for $329
- Microsoft to discontinue free Xbox Music streaming
- Vietnam police hunt hackers behind mass outage
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTAccount ExecutiveNSW
- FTPartner Marketing Communications Manager - Leading Global Tech BrandNSW
- FTMarketing Communications Operations Manager - Global Tech Market leaderNSW
- FTBusiness Development Manager | Sales ManagerNSW
- FTBusiness ManagerNSW
- FTDigital Account ExecutiveNSW
- CCConsumer Product Marketing ManagerNSW
- FTBusiness development manager - retargettingNSW
- FTTechnical Marketing ManagerNSW
- FTSales Account ExecutiveNSW