Mozilla has launched Keon and Peak, two smartphones based on the web-centric Firefox OS platform.
Twitter's service had problems on Monday for over six hours with some users complaining the service was slow, while others could not access the service.
Kim Dotcom's bold new venture, the file-storage and sharing service Mega, is drawing criticism as security researchers analyze how the site protects users' data. In short, they advise: don't trust it.
Online encyclopedia Wikipedia may encounter service disruptions as it is migrated to servers at a data center in Ashburn, Virginia.
Google thinks it might have found an answer to the vexing problem of forgotten or weak passwords: "physical" passwords, which might come in the form of a piece of jewelry such as a ring.
Line, the messaging platform that is now ubiquitous in Japan, has hit 100 million users worldwide in 19 months.
Users of Microsoft's Bing search engine can now see a wider range of Facebook content from their friends appear alongside search results, part of an effort by Microsoft to make the site more social.
Facebook's new Graph Search tool is not the formidable competitor to Google or Yelp that some industry watchers have made it out to be in the aftermath of Tuesday's announcement of the early stage product. At least, not yet.
AT&T will expand its Business Exchange collaboration service by adding Polycom back-end infrastructure to complement the Cisco Systems technology it's been using for several years.
Facebook is unleashing the collective knowledge and opinions of its one billion users to power a new feature called Graph Search.
Facebook is rolling out a major new search engine designed to give users more options in sorting through topics and interests based on their friends.
Cloud Sherpas is continuing its string of acquisitions of boutique consulting firms for cloud services, with the purchase of Innoveer Solutions and Navigis. Terms of the deals, which were announced Tuesday, were not disclosed.
A poll of young Japanese Internet users showed Twitter is by far their most popular social network, with many saying they want to try Facebook in the future.
The U.S. Department of Justice did not mislead a court and attempt to entrap file storage site Megaupload on copyright infringement charges, the agency said in a new filing in the case.
Wikimedia Foundation, the host of the Wikipedia online encyclopedia, is launching next week a global online travel guide called Wikivoyage.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Nokia Lumia 830 review: Punching above its weight
- 2 BlackBerry Passport review: A smartphone going nowhere
- 3 Sony Xperia Z3 Compact review: A flagship at 4.6-inches
- 4 Microsoft Surface Pro 3 Windows 8.1 tablet
- 5 Samsung Galaxy Tab S (10.5) 4G review
Best Deals on GoodGearGuide
Latest News Articles
- Industry can head off IoT privacy rules, former US official says
- Microsoft discloses zero-day flaw, publishes quick fix
- Order the OnePlus One from Australia
- Yahoo squeezes out some growth
- Ford wants to keep drivers alert on the long road to autonomous cars
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTDigital Account ExecutiveNSW
- FTBusiness ManagerNSW
- FTMarketing Communications Operations Manager - Global Tech Market leaderNSW
- FTBusiness Development Manager | Sales ManagerNSW
- FTTechnical Marketing ManagerNSW
- CCConsumer Product Marketing ManagerNSW
- FTAccount ExecutiveNSW
- FTPartner Marketing Communications Manager - Leading Global Tech BrandNSW
- FTBusiness development manager - retargettingNSW
- FTSales Account ExecutiveNSW