Facebook received more than 25,000 requests from governments about its users during the first half of 2013, with nearly half of those requests coming from U.S. law enforcement and related agencies, the company said.
Oracle CEO Larry Ellison typically uses his annual OpenWorld conference keynotes to deliver the company's biggest announcements and strategic positioning, and this year they will apparently involve an in-memory database and Oracle's PaaS (platform as...
A U.S. judge has put a stamp of approval on a US$20 million fund for Facebook to settle a class-action advertising suit, despite objections from groups representing minors on the site.
A Bitcoin trade group met with representatives of several U.S government agencies Monday as regulators debate whether the online currency should comply with currency rules.
As of this past May, 70 percent of U.S. residents ages 18 and older access the Internet via high-speed broadband, although the rate of broadband adoption has been sluggish, according to survey results released Monday by the Pew Research Center's Inte...
Salesforce.com's next CRM (customer relationship management) software release will contain a slew of new features, with many focused on the Chatter collaboration and messaging tool as well as customer service, according to a set of official release n...
Amazon Web Services resolved service problems on Sunday that caused issues for several websites, including Airbnb's booking site and Twitter's Vine video application, which rely on its computing platform.
Technology companies may be hiding behind legal jargon to avoid being more forthcoming in their responses to new documents on government surveillance that were disclosed Friday, some experts say.
Creative Commons co-founder Lawrence Lessig has filed a complaint in a U.S federal court after he was forced to take down a YouTube video of his lecture which included clips that depicted groups of people dancing to a copyrighted song.
Apple is reportedly acquiring mapping app developer Embark, in a move that could lend more real-time navigation features for public transit to Apple's own Maps app.
The current generation of teenagers seems willing to share anything on social media, but cares more about privacy than you think, according to a recent Pew study.
The National Security Agency was acquiring thousands of digital communications from Americans as of 2011, according to a declassified document from the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Court.
Tumblr is working to resolve an issue causing seemingly random content to be posted to people's blogs that they didn't put there themselves, with pornography showing up in some instances.
Chinese police have detained two Internet users for allegedly starting online rumors that tried to defame government groups and a cultural icon in the nation.
Vine, the video service introduced by Twitter in January, now has 40 million registered users, it said Tuesday.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Star Wars Death Star Bluetooth levitating rotating speaker review
- 2 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 3 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 4 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Sniper Elite 4 preview: More sniping, less shooting
- Halo Wars 2 campaign preview: Polished, pretty, but not as exciting as Blitz mode
- Google Maps beta now shows how hard it will be to park at your destination
- After first week, A.I. system is beating human poker players
- Microsoft halts Minecraft updates for Windows 10 phones, as W10M consumer apps slowly die
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTBrand Marketing Manager - Premium Entertainment BrandNSW
- TPSQL Server DeveloperNSW
- FTLevel 3 EngineerNSW
- TPTechnical WriterACT
- CCSenior Murex DeveloperVIC
- FTLevel 2 Service DeskNSW
- FTFront End DeveloperNSW
- CCTest Specialist - NetworkVIC
- FTJunior-Mid Level Implementation CoordinatorQLD
- TPSenior Network EngineerNSW
- CCSenior Project Manager - Vendor Transition - ApplicationsNSW
- CCTest Capability LeadNSW
- TPTechnical Solutions Architect-Dynamics CRMVIC
- CCSenior Technical Specialist - AIXVIC
- FTSenior Learning Specialist - Global OrganisationQLD
- CCProcurement AnalystQLD
- TPSenior Business AnalystQLD
- FTManager - Field ServicesVIC
- CCDigital Business Analyst - Apps DevelopmentNSW
- FTFull stack Developer - Senior (Java or C# and AngularJS) x 3QLD
- FTSAP BW ConsultantACT
- TPSenior PMO AnalystNSW
- FTChange ManagerACT
- TPAEM DeveloperNSW
- FTRegional Sales Manager - Telco/ICT - Employer of choiceQLD