In 2011, the increasingly mobile and socially networked world of technology became more intertwined than ever with politics and the law. Patent wars shaped competition in tablets and smartphones, hacktivists attacked a widening array of political and...
A U.S. House of Representatives committee has scheduled a debate and vote on controversial copyright legislation, the Stop Online Piracy Act, with the bill's main sponsor offering an amendment meant to address some concerns with the bill.
A German court on Friday ruled that Apple's iPhone and iPad devices infringe a Motorola patent and issued an injunction against sales of the products in Germany, in the latest move in a long series of legal battles between the companies.
Two U.S. lawmakers have released an alternative proposal to two controversial bills intended to crack down on online copyright infringement, and they're asking the Internet community to comment on and suggest changes to the draft bill.
A French court has denied Samsung's preliminary injunction request to stop the sale of Apple's iPhone 4S, both parties confirmed on Thursday.
A Chinese court has rejected Apple's lawsuits to gain control of the iPad trademark in China, while a little-known Chinese firm raises the stakes and seeks to ban the iconic tablet from being sold in the country under the iPad brand.
A court in the U.S. has barred Research In Motion from using the BBX name at the company's Asian DevCon conference this week in Singapore, after a software company, Basis International, filed for a temporary restraining order in a trademark dispute.
After a so-far fruitless three-year effort to settle the case, Google and the plaintiffs suing it for alleged book-related copyright infringement apparently are moving away from seeking a friendly solution.
A US district court judge has denied Apple's request to halt sales of four Samsung products in an ongoing patent infringement lawsuit.
A group of U.S. lawmakers has proposed an alternative to the controversial copyright enforcement legislation, the Stop Online Piracy Act, with the draft proposal giving the U.S. International Trade Commission (ITC) the authority to investigate compla...
An Australian court has extended the sales ban on Samsung Electronics' Galaxy Tab 10.1 until December 9, giving Apple more time to come up with reasons why the tablet should not be allowed to go on sale.
Apple is seeking to stop Samsung Electronics selling the modified Galaxy Tab 10.1 that it released in Germany in an effort to dodge an earlier injunction obtained by Apple, a spokesman for the company said.
HTC has won a case in the U.S. that alleged the Taiwanese smartphone maker had infringed on several digital camera patents controlled by FlashPoint Technology.
The functionalities of a computer program and programming languages cannot be protected by copyright. according to the European Court of Justice's senior adviser.
In a case that hinges on interpretations of software contract language and the respective rights of customers and vendors when it comes to third-party support organizations, 3M wants a court to declare that it doesn't owe Infor millions of dollars in...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung's Galaxy Alpha review: A peek into the Galaxy S6
- 2 Samsung Galaxy Note 4 review: The busiest, biggest and best Samsung phablet
- 3 Aldi's $279 Bauhn Sphere review: Disappointing
- 4 Nokia Lumia 735 review: Perfectly ordinary
- 5 Bowers & Wilkins P5 (Series 2) review: For elegant sound
Best Deals on GoodGearGuide
Latest News Articles
- Google Nexus 9 on sale today at Telstra for $479
- Office 365's spam filter gets smarter at sorting bulk mailings
- What’s the difference between the Canon EOS 70D and the EOS 7D Mark II?
- Intel to tame passwords with biometric authentication
- NSA privacy director defends agency's surveillance
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTStudio Design ManagerVIC
- FTAccount ExecutiveNSW
- CCWeb / Mobile Developer - Magento - HTML5, CSS - Excellent CMS SkillsNSW
- CCTech Support | IT Services Firm - Ad hoc Projects - Echuca AreaVIC
- CCTech Support | IT Services Firm - Ad hoc Projects - Port Augusta / Whyalla AreaSA
- CCStrategic Partner ManagerNSW
- FTMarketing Solutions ManagerNSW
- FTSEO Content ExecutiveVIC
- FTDigital Account ManagerNSW
- FTPartnership Manager - MediaNSW
- FTStudio Design ManagerVIC
- FTChief Information Officer - CSIROACT
- FTProgram Manager - Integration & SolutionsNSW