The European Union's data retention law could breach fundamental E.U. law because its requirements result in an invasion of citizens' privacy, according to the Constitutional Court of Austria, which has asked the European Court of Justice (ECJ) to de...
An administrative law judge at the U.S. International Trade Commission has ruled that Apple did not violate a Motorola Mobility patent relating to a sensor controlled user interface for a portable communication device.
Samsung dropped all claims pending in European courts in which it asserted patents that are essential for mobile communication devices to prevent the sales of Apple products in Europe.
Google has signed a legal peace treaty with a major Japanese writers' group over the company's book-scanning project, the latest in a string of global settlements around its efforts to digitize the world's books.
A court in California has denied Samsung Electronics a retrial in a patent dispute with Apple, and also refused Apple a ban on the sale of some Samsung products.
A federal jury in Delaware has found Apple's iPhone infringes on three patents held by MobileMedia, a patent-holding company formed by Sony, Nokia and MPEG LA.
Belgian French-language news publishers settled a copyright dispute with Google, agreeing to promote each others services while Google will pay all legal fees.
Microsoft has launched a new anti-piracy campaign in China, which intends to highlight the security risks of buying counterfeit software.
Computer technology accounted for more patent applications in recent years than any other industry sector tracked by the World Intellectual Property Organization, although the number of digital communication patent applications grew faster. Industria...
WiLan, a Canadian patent licensing firm, has filed a round of new patent infringement lawsuits against Research in Motion, Apple, HTC and Sierra Wireless.
The European Parliament has voted to create a pan-European patent system with the goal of making it cheaper and simpler to obtain patents.
Change in any industry involves conflict. Evolution and revolution in tech this year took place not only in the marketplace but also in the courtroom, the factory, and on the Web. Here are the top news stories of 2012 as selected by the editors of th...
Pirate Bay co-founder Gottfrid Svartholm Warg's remains in a Swedish jail but is no longer detained with restrictions and can communicate with others without the consent of a prosecutor.
German consumer organizations are suing Facebook because the social network keeps sharing personal data with third-party app makers without getting explicit consent from users.
At the end of a long court hearing in California on Thursday that saw Apple and Samsung argue over a US$1 billion damages award granted to Apple this summer, Judge Lucy Koh had a simple yet optimistic request: global peace.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 3 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 4 Panasonic Viera DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review
- 5 Parrot Mambo Drone review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Star Wars Death Star Bluetooth levitating rotating speaker review
- Smartwatches wear out their welcome with Motorola
- The mysteries of the GPU in Apple's iPhone 7 are unlocked
- Apple reportedly betting on drones and indoor data to make Maps better
- Apple now takes your old Apple Watch for free recycling
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Best phone of the year 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- CCFunctional SAP IS Specialist (Logistics / Retail)SA
- TPApplications Project ManagerQLD
- FTLevel 2/3 Application Support SpecialistQLD
- CCAPI DeveloperNSW
- CCOrganisational Change ManagerNSW
- TPPrincipal Project ManagerQLD
- CCProject Manager - InfrastructureQLD
- CCService Desk Consultant - Must have baseline or NV1 clearanceNSW
- TPProject Coordinator. Business Process Improvement ProgramNSW
- CCIteration Manager - DigitalNSW
- CCData Scientist (Big Data)VIC
- CCJunior Desktop TechnicianACT
- CCTest Lead : Perth BasedQLD
- CCSolution Architect-PHPNSW
- TPProjects Planning ManagerQLD
- CCCloud Solution Architect - Financial Services - Continuous IntegrationNSW
- FTLead Front End DeveloperVIC
- TPProject Manager | Sunshine Coast Location - Sea Change?QLD
- CCSenior Technical Specialist - AIXVIC
- FTBusiness Systems Analyst/Salesforce Developer APEXNSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst, Wealth ManagementNSW
- CCSenior Business AnalystNSW
- CCInfrastructure ManagerNSW
- CCDigital Producer | 3 Month Contract roleNSW
- FTTest AnalystVIC