The European Union's data retention law could breach fundamental E.U. law because its requirements result in an invasion of citizens' privacy, according to the Constitutional Court of Austria, which has asked the European Court of Justice (ECJ) to de...
An administrative law judge at the U.S. International Trade Commission has ruled that Apple did not violate a Motorola Mobility patent relating to a sensor controlled user interface for a portable communication device.
Samsung dropped all claims pending in European courts in which it asserted patents that are essential for mobile communication devices to prevent the sales of Apple products in Europe.
Google has signed a legal peace treaty with a major Japanese writers' group over the company's book-scanning project, the latest in a string of global settlements around its efforts to digitize the world's books.
A court in California has denied Samsung Electronics a retrial in a patent dispute with Apple, and also refused Apple a ban on the sale of some Samsung products.
A federal jury in Delaware has found Apple's iPhone infringes on three patents held by MobileMedia, a patent-holding company formed by Sony, Nokia and MPEG LA.
Belgian French-language news publishers settled a copyright dispute with Google, agreeing to promote each others services while Google will pay all legal fees.
Microsoft has launched a new anti-piracy campaign in China, which intends to highlight the security risks of buying counterfeit software.
Computer technology accounted for more patent applications in recent years than any other industry sector tracked by the World Intellectual Property Organization, although the number of digital communication patent applications grew faster. Industria...
WiLan, a Canadian patent licensing firm, has filed a round of new patent infringement lawsuits against Research in Motion, Apple, HTC and Sierra Wireless.
The European Parliament has voted to create a pan-European patent system with the goal of making it cheaper and simpler to obtain patents.
Change in any industry involves conflict. Evolution and revolution in tech this year took place not only in the marketplace but also in the courtroom, the factory, and on the Web. Here are the top news stories of 2012 as selected by the editors of th...
Pirate Bay co-founder Gottfrid Svartholm Warg's remains in a Swedish jail but is no longer detained with restrictions and can communicate with others without the consent of a prosecutor.
German consumer organizations are suing Facebook because the social network keeps sharing personal data with third-party app makers without getting explicit consent from users.
At the end of a long court hearing in California on Thursday that saw Apple and Samsung argue over a US$1 billion damages award granted to Apple this summer, Judge Lucy Koh had a simple yet optimistic request: global peace.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost review
- 2 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 3 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 4 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft's pricey Surface Book is getting stomped by the ancient Surface Pro 3
- Android TV's universal search feature finally works with Netflix
- Facebook takes on critics with political bias class
- Kodi dives into hardware with a Raspberry Pi 3 case perfect for low-cost HTPCs
- What iOS 10 can tell us about the new iPhone
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCTechnology and Security ArchitectACT
- CCOffice 365 Project ManagerNSW
- FTOracle Fusion Implementation ConsultantNSW
- CCSoftware Biomedical Solutions ArchitectSA
- FTSolution ArchitectVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160616/AP/185Asia
- FTSenior Java Developer (Java/Maven/AEM)NSW
- CCSenior Change Manager, Financial ServicesNSW
- FTJava DeveloperAsia
- CCTechnical WriterACT
- CCField Network Engineer - GSM Networks.VIC
- CCProgram Test ManagerNSW
- CCNational Project CoordinatorNSW
- CCProject ManagerNSW
- FTNetwork Engineer | Canberra | NV1 NV2 clearance | Defence projectsNSW
- FTService Desk AnalystNSW
- CCSenior Business AnalystACT
- CCContract Programmer (JAVA/SQL) 160621/P/866Asia
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (J2EE/JAVA/Oracle) 160617/AP/025Asia
- CCSenior Java DeveloperACT
- FTEnvironment ManagerVIC
- CCEnvironment Manager - POSVIC
- CCProgram Controls ManagerACT
- CCApplication Support Analyst and Database AdministratorNSW
- FTSoftware Services Team LeaderNSW