A mobile-technology patent that Samsung deems essential to the UMTS standard is likely to be invalid, the Regional Court in Mannheim, Germany, said.
The U.S. International Trade Commission has decided to review an earlier decision that found Samsung Electronics' products infringed four patents owned by Apple.
Microsoft has identified 13 PC resellers based in Shanghai that it claims have been distributing counterfeit versions of its Windows OS, and the company could take legal action against them if a settlement isn't reached.
A court in California has allowed Apple and Samsung Electronics to add recent products from both companies in a patent infringement lawsuit.
A federal judge in California has ordered Apple and Amazon.com to sit down and attempt to settle a lawsuit between them over Amazon's use of the "Appstore" name for its online application marketplace.
Samsung Electronics' Galaxy tablets do not infringe on an Apple design right, the District Court of The Hague ruled Wednesday in response to a request by Samsung.
Advanced Micro Devices has been granted by a court in Massachusetts a temporary restraining order against four former employees, three of whom are alleged to have left the company to join Nvidia with confidential documents and trade secrets.
The U.S. Department of Justice did not mislead a court and attempt to entrap file storage site Megaupload on copyright infringement charges, the agency said in a new filing in the case.
Ericsson has agreed to transfer 1,922 patents and 263 patent applications to Unwired Planet in return for a share in ongoing revenue from the patents.
IBM has always been bullish on patents and 2012 proved to be no exception. IBM once again amassed more patents than any other company in a single year, a distinction it has enjoyed for the past 20 years.
Motorola Mobility has withdrawn its claims with regard to its standard-essential patents in its complaint against Microsoft's Xbox before the U.S. International Trade Commission.
Companies that license their patents under fair, reasonable and nondiscriminatory (FRAND) terms, but then seek import or sales injunctions against competitors, may often be
A Chinese man has pleaded guilty in a U.S. court to selling pirated software used in defense, space and other industries with a retail value of more than US$100 million.
Microsoft told the U.S. International Trade Commission that it expects Motorola Mobility to withdraw claims relating to two patents it says are essential to the H.264 standard in its complaint against the Xbox, in view of a settlement last week betwe...
Apple, Research in Motion (RIM) and Motorola Mobility are among 15 companies sued in the U.S. over a fundamental 3G and 4G patent on determining when devices should switch cells in a mobile network.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Star Wars Death Star Bluetooth levitating rotating speaker review
- 2 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 3 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 4 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Google Maps beta now shows how hard it will be to park at your destination
- After first week, A.I. system is beating human poker players
- Microsoft halts Minecraft updates for Windows 10 phones, as W10M consumer apps slowly die
- How to turn off Chrome notifications and stop websites from bugging you
- Microsoft's Cortana is headed to the Android lock screen
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTBrand Marketing Manager - Premium Entertainment BrandNSW
- TPSenior Test Analyst - DETEQLD
- TPDigital Business AnalystNSW
- CCFIS Connex Developer (Brisbane Based)SA
- CCData Migration Lead - SAPNSW
- TPTechnical Solutions Architect-Dynamics CRMVIC
- TPTechnical Business AnalystVIC
- CCMicrosoft Active Directory ArchitectACT
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Finance ConsultantVIC
- CCProject CoordinatorVIC
- FTLevel 3 Support ConsultantNSW
- FTTechnical Account ManagerNSW
- CCProject Manager l Business Focused l Telco Activations - Pennant Hills locationNSW
- CCSolution Delivery Manager / Project ManagerNSW
- FTSAP Business Objects ConsultantACT
- FTSAP BW ConsultantACT
- CCTechnical Business Analyst - Infrastructure - VirtualizationNSW
- TPBusiness Analyst - DataQLD
- FTLevel 2 Service DeskNSW
- FTSecurity Incident / SOC Analyst (Tier 1) - Permanent - North Ryde BasedNSW
- TPService Delivery ManagerQLD
- FTSalesforce Technical Business AnalystQLD
- TPProject Manager - Data ManagementSA
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- CCICT Strategy ConsultantNSW