A mobile-technology patent that Samsung deems essential to the UMTS standard is likely to be invalid, the Regional Court in Mannheim, Germany, said.
The U.S. International Trade Commission has decided to review an earlier decision that found Samsung Electronics' products infringed four patents owned by Apple.
Microsoft has identified 13 PC resellers based in Shanghai that it claims have been distributing counterfeit versions of its Windows OS, and the company could take legal action against them if a settlement isn't reached.
A court in California has allowed Apple and Samsung Electronics to add recent products from both companies in a patent infringement lawsuit.
A federal judge in California has ordered Apple and Amazon.com to sit down and attempt to settle a lawsuit between them over Amazon's use of the "Appstore" name for its online application marketplace.
Samsung Electronics' Galaxy tablets do not infringe on an Apple design right, the District Court of The Hague ruled Wednesday in response to a request by Samsung.
Advanced Micro Devices has been granted by a court in Massachusetts a temporary restraining order against four former employees, three of whom are alleged to have left the company to join Nvidia with confidential documents and trade secrets.
The U.S. Department of Justice did not mislead a court and attempt to entrap file storage site Megaupload on copyright infringement charges, the agency said in a new filing in the case.
Ericsson has agreed to transfer 1,922 patents and 263 patent applications to Unwired Planet in return for a share in ongoing revenue from the patents.
IBM has always been bullish on patents and 2012 proved to be no exception. IBM once again amassed more patents than any other company in a single year, a distinction it has enjoyed for the past 20 years.
Motorola Mobility has withdrawn its claims with regard to its standard-essential patents in its complaint against Microsoft's Xbox before the U.S. International Trade Commission.
Companies that license their patents under fair, reasonable and nondiscriminatory (FRAND) terms, but then seek import or sales injunctions against competitors, may often be
A Chinese man has pleaded guilty in a U.S. court to selling pirated software used in defense, space and other industries with a retail value of more than US$100 million.
Microsoft told the U.S. International Trade Commission that it expects Motorola Mobility to withdraw claims relating to two patents it says are essential to the H.264 standard in its complaint against the Xbox, in view of a settlement last week betwe...
Apple, Research in Motion (RIM) and Motorola Mobility are among 15 companies sued in the U.S. over a fundamental 3G and 4G patent on determining when devices should switch cells in a mobile network.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost review
- 2 Synology DS216+ Review
- 3 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 4 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 5 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Frazzled or burnt out? You need downtime but where do you find it?
- SurveyMonkey: Pokémon Go popularity may have already peaked
- Report: Apple Car launch date slips back a year to 2021
- Pokémon Go and the demon-haunted world
- Gaming desktops with AMD Zen chips will be hard to come by this year
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTSocial Media AssistantQLD
- CCPortfolio ManagerVIC
- FTSAP Basis ConsultantVIC
- CCField Engineer - POSTAS
- CCContract Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160729/P/698Asia
- CCDesktop Support AnalystNSW
- CCDatabase AdministratorNSW
- CCGeo-spatial AdministratorVIC
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- CCIP Test Analyst - Baseline Security ClearanceVIC
- FTMidrange Server Provision SMENSW
- CCCrystal reports expertACT
- FTSAP FS-PM/FS-PQM SpecialistVIC
- FTProject Coordinator- NSW Government - reform BackgroundNSW
- FTPositive Vetted ICT positions - Defence intelligence and information securityACT
- CCCRM Technical Consultant / DeveloperNSW
- CCAgile Scrum MasterACT
- CCIteration Manager/Project ManagerVIC
- CCBusiness Analyst - Microsoft Active DirectoryNSW
- FTSAP ESB Service Management SpecialistVIC
- CCBusiness Analyst - End-User ComputingNSW
- FTSenior Natural/ADABAS ProgrammerSA
- CCHelpdesk OfficersNSW
- CCMac (iOS) Support Engineer - $30 p/h - Three Year ContractNSW
- CCTechnical Specialist - EUCNSW