Australia’s copyright regime is negatively impacting the country’s ability to innovate and holding back the digital economy, according to Google.
A U.S. appeals court has denied Samsung Electronics' request for a rehearing in a smartphone patent infringement case that awarded rival Apple US$548 million.
Oracle has expanded the scope of its ongoing copyright battle against Android and accused Google of "destroying" the market for Java.
An appeals court will hear arguments this week about the U.S. International Trade Commission's decision to block digital transmissions of 3D dental records into the U.S., an import ban that could have a broad impact on other digital goods.
Amid complaints that the e-commerce company does little to fight fake goods, China's Alibaba Group is giving foreign vendors a direct line to report any counterfeit products spotted on its retail sites.
After almost a decade of litigation, Google scored a victory last week over the Authors Guild, which had sued the company for copyright infringement over its Google Books search engine. But a few important chapters in the legal saga have yet to be wr...
We are standing in a parking lot in the city of Malmö, southern Sweden, one of the many places Peter Sunde now calls home. The sky above us is grey, as usual at this time of year. Just as the parking meter spits out our ticket, a young man driving mu...
Over the past year, patent battles have been fought by tech companies in courtrooms all over the world. The litigation is far from over though, however, and will continue throughout 2013. This is what's at stake on the patent battlefield in the near ...
Some of the most memorable IT-related quotes were uttered in courtrooms this year, which involved a steady stream of legal challenges about intellectual property. In no particular order, these are some of the comments that stuck with us as 2012 winds...
The US presidential election result leaves President Barack Obama in the White House and maintains the balance of power in Congress. In many longstanding technology debates, policy experts see little movement forward, although lawmakers may look for ...
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Star Wars Death Star Bluetooth levitating rotating speaker review
- 2 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 3 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 4 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Why Linux users should worry about malware and what they can do about it
- A new Microsoft foldable device patent offers more grist for the Surface phone rumor mill
- Epson FastFoto FF-640 review: Quick, convenient photo scans don’t come cheap
- EZVIZ Husky review: This weatherproof camera gives you an eye on the outside of your home
- Reality check: How Windows 10's new privacy controls stack up
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTBrand Marketing Manager - Premium Entertainment BrandNSW
- FTDeveloper - Java, Mule ESBNSW
- FTFront End DeveloperVIC
- FTBusiness Development ManagerVIC
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Functional Consultant Advanced Warehouse ManagementVIC
- FTSolutions Architect - Data Centre/ NetworkSA
- FTTechnical Business AnalystVIC
- FTService Delivery Manager - EnterpriseACT
- TPProject Manager - Data ManagementSA
- FTInformation Security ManagerNSW
- FTTechnology Testing CoordinatorQLD
- TPProject Manager with a Development BackgroundQLD
- CCBig Data Developer - Government - 12 Month Contract - SydneyNSW
- FTTechnical Account ManagerACT
- CCCapacity and Performance Analyst - Mainframe - Z SystemsVIC
- FTLevel 3 EngineerNSW
- CCDigital Business Analyst l SalesforceNSW
- FTCheckpoint Firewall and VPNNSW
- FTFull stack Developer - Senior (Java or C# and AngularJS) x 3QLD
- CCService ManagerACT
- FTLife/400 Developers / Programmers - Permanent - North Ryde areaNSW
- CCMaster Planner /SchedulerQLD
- FTSystems Engineer - SCCM & Lync/Skype for BusinessQLD
- FTITCM EngineerNSW
- FTSenior Linux Systems AdministratorNSW