It looks like all those rumors about a MacBook Pro refresh coming Thursday instead of in early March are true. The online version of the Apple Store was down this morning and, just in time before the big reveal, a photo has leaked online showing the ...
As anticipated, Apple today refreshed its MacBook Pro notebook line, turning to Intel's new Sandy Bridge chip architecture and adding a new connectivity technology dubbed Thunderbolt that transfers data at speeds up to 10Gbps.
Apple refreshed its MacBook Pro laptop line Thursday, and it's not just about speeds and feeds this time. With the addition of Intel's Sandy Bridge processor, AMD graphics, Facetime-enabled HD camera and a new high-speed Thunderbolt I/O port (report...
"More power" is the theme of Apple's new MacBook Pro notebook computers unveiled Thursday, with multi-core processors, improved graphics, and a blazingly fast new I/O technology called Thunderbolt that tops out at 10Gbps.
The latest generation of graphics chips have 3 billion transistors and consume about 200 watts of energy. The numbers are impressive -- until you consider that the human brain has the equivalent of a trillion transistors and consumes just 20 watts of...
In what arguably could be called the tease before next Tuesday's main show, Intel has Intel's Thunderbolt interconnect technology, formerly called Light Peak, has emerged from the company's lab and landed in Apple's new line of MacBook Pro laptops.
Slip-ups by a competitor are usually good for business, but Intel's recent problems with its Sandy Bridge chips won't help Advanced Micro Devices to steal market share from its bigger rival, according to IDC.
Apple's next-generation MacBook Pros may thicken the plot to kill USB, using Intel's Light Peak optical technology and rebranding it as "Thunderbolt."
JetBrains this spring will offer full support for Java 7 in an upgrade to the company's IntelliJ Idea IDE, according to the JetBrains IntelliJ Idea blog. IntelliJ IDEA 10.5 will support language features of Java 7 across the IDE with capabilities suc...
Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing Co. is expanding capacity this year following recent unexpected demand from customers including Apple suppliers, it said Wednesday
Hewlett-Packard on Wednesday announced Intel-based business laptops with features that could make it easier to swap components or fix the PCs.
A news story is fueling speculation that Apple may be about to introduce a multi-gigabit peripherals connection, possibly for a future iPad or even for an expected refresh of its MacBook Pro notebook line later this month.
Lenovo and Sony on Tuesday announced faster laptops based on Intel's new Sandy Bridge processors, which the PC makers said could offer longer battery life than models based on Intel's older chips.
Sony on Tuesday announced a new lineup of Vaio laptops that include Intel's new Core i5 processors based on the Sandy Bridge micro-architecture.
If you were planning on heading to the Apple Store this President's Day to go shopping for a new MacBook Pro, you might want to hold off on until at least Thursday. Apple is expected to announce a MacBook Pro refresh this week featuring machines that...
Epson EcoTank Expression ET-2500
UE Boom 2 Bluetooth speaker
Smart LED Bulb LB130
Epson WorkForce ET-4550
Everki ContemPRO Roll Top Laptop Backpack
Lexar® JumpDrive® S57 USB 3.0 flash drive
Microsoft L5V-00027 Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard Desktop
Linksys AC5400 MU-MIMO Gigabit router
Samsung portable 1TB T3 drive
3SIXT Ultra HD Sports Action Camera
Lexar® Portable SSD
Logitech G403 Prodigy mouse
Lexar® JumpDrive® S45 USB 3.0 flash drive
Belkin MIXIT Metallic Lightning to USB Cable
Google Daydream VR headset
Acer Swift 7
Huawei Mate 9
Epson WorkForce DS-360W
Surface Pro 4
Dell XPS 13 laptop
Lexar® Professional 1800x microSDHC™/microSDXC™ UHS-II cards
Audio-Technica ATH-ANC70 Noise Cancelling Headphones
HP Pavilion x360 13”
HD Pan/Tilt Wi-Fi Camera with Night Vision NC450
Garmin Fenix Chronos smartwatch
Dell Inspiron 5000 series 2-in-1
Lexar® JumpDrive® C20c USB Type-C flash drive
Blade 28 backpack by Arc’teryx
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming 5 AMD Ryzen AM4 motherboard review
- 2 Kogan curved 4K UHD 55-inch LED LCD TV review
- 3 Panasonic Blu-ray recorder PVR set-top box review
- 4 Garmin Fenix Chronos fitness tracker smartwatch review
- 5 Star Wars Death Star Bluetooth levitating rotating speaker review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Hisense displays successors to amazing Series 7 ULED - Series 8 and 9
- Elgato's Stream Deck is a programmable LCD control center that makes game streaming easy
- Facebook starts warning U.S. users when they're sharing fake news
- Why I'm addicted to Mass Effect: Andromeda's gorgeous, secret Nvidia super-screenshots
- Corsair One review: Small, fast, and surprisingly quiet
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- First look at the Formula 1 2017 pit lane in Melbourne, Australia
- LG 2017 OLED and Super LED UHD 4K TVs: Hands-on review
- Oppo R9s Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTSocial Media ExecutiveNSW
- CCIT Project Scheduler- Port MacquarieNSW
- FTLinux Systems AdministratorNZ
- CCSystems AdministratorQLD
- CCTechnical Business Analyst (Security) - Finance - Contract - Sydney CBDNSW
- FTTechnical Business AnalystNSW
- TPBusiness AnalystNSW
- FTService Desk Team LeaderSA
- TPSolution Architect - Transport DomainVIC
- TPBusiness AnalystQLD
- FTSenior Software Engineer x 2 - Positive Vetting, NV2 or NV1 required!!!!SA
- CCSAP FICO ConsultantWA
- FTSenior Functional Consultant - Data Analytics - TelcoVIC
- CCProject ManagerNSW
- TPService Desk AnalystVIC
- FTPMO Project Analytics and Tools ManagerNSW
- FTSeeking all Java Developers!NSW
- TPTechnical Analyst - 6 Month Contract - Great Rates Of PayNSW
- FTServer Engineer l Windows l VMWare l Active DirectoryNSW
- FTLinux System AdminstratorQLD
- FTProject AnalystACT
- CCDomino SpecialistVIC
- CCOrganisational Change Manager - Banking/Financial ServicesNSW
- FTJunior Applications SupportQLD
- FTSenior Software Engineer x 2 - Adelaide Based (PV, NV2 or NV1 required)QLD