Wireless chip maker Broadcom on Thursday announced good news for Linux users in the form of a fully open wireless driver that's compatible with the operating system.
Laptops and desktops with Intel's next-generation Core chips will ship early next year, and the chip maker will use its conference next week to highlight the architecture behind the new processors.
Google CEO Eric Schmidt said Tuesday that the company will launch its TV service in the U.S. this fall.
The inside of the new Apple TV likely resembles the interior of the iPod Touch, a move that allowed Apple to dramatically cut costs, a Canadian research company said today.
Intel will release on Thursday an upgrade to its parallel development toolset for Windows application developers, adding both a tool to walk developers through parallelism, as well as support for Microsoft's Visual Studio 2010 IDE.
Intel has added speed to its low-end processors, introducing new low-end Pentium and Core i3 processors running at the fastest clock speeds the company has put on its consumer microprocessors.
Intel will acquire Infineon Technologies' wireless division for $US1.4 billion, the company said Monday.
Intel will acquire Infineon Technologies' wireless division for US$1.4 billion, the company said Monday.
Intel lowered its revenue forecast for the fiscal third quarter of 2010 Friday, citing lower-than-expected demand for consumer PCs in mature markets.
While chip manufacturers continue to make their processors ever more powerful, at least one customer has found it useful to slow these chips down, at least long enough to keep them running when the data center air conditioning falters.
Online retailers have started selling netbooks with Intel's new dual-core Atom processor, ahead of official product announcements from PC makers.
Mozilla this week said it's unlikely that the final version of Firefox 4 will run on older Macs equipped with PowerPC processors.
Intel considered acquiring either Symantec or McAfee for years before it announced> last week that it would buy the latter, former Intel senior vice president Pat Gelsinger said on Thursday.
Reports are surfacing that Intel is close to finalizing an agreement to buy the wireless unit of Neubiberg, Germany-based Infineon Technologies.
Intel's upcoming next-generation laptop chips will have a dozen new features to improve graphics performance and will be able to play Blu-ray 3D movies, the company said on Thursday.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Nokia Lumia 830 review: Punching above its weight
- 2 BlackBerry Passport review: A smartphone going nowhere
- 3 Sony Xperia Z3 Compact review: A flagship at 4.6-inches
- 4 Microsoft Surface Pro 3 Windows 8.1 tablet
- 5 Samsung Galaxy Tab S (10.5) 4G review
Best Deals on GoodGearGuide
Latest News Articles
- Abandoned subdomains pose security risk for businesses
- HP gives Moonshot server its first Xeon chip
- Australian ISP stands up to filmmakers hunting pirates
- Panasonic tries tablet service for assisted living homes
- What Facebook's Mark Zuckerberg said in Mandarin that so impressed the Chinese
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTBusiness Development Manager | Sales ManagerNSW
- CCConsumer Product Marketing ManagerNSW
- FTTechnical Marketing ManagerNSW
- FTSales Account ExecutiveNSW
- FTBusiness ManagerNSW
- FTMarketing Communications Operations Manager - Global Tech Market leaderNSW
- FTBusiness development manager - retargettingNSW
- FTDigital Account ExecutiveNSW
- FTAccount ExecutiveNSW
- FTPartner Marketing Communications Manager - Leading Global Tech BrandNSW