Apple is expected to refresh the iMac line next week, adding new Intel processors and Thunderblot ports, according to AppleInsider. If the rumors prove accurate, May 3 should be the day the improved iMacs go on sale. The iMac line was last updated ni...
Intel plans to release five new solid-state drives (SSDs) before year's end, according to reports.
A new interconnect technology being developed by Intel could be ready for use by 2015 and will be able to shuttle data between computers at up to five times the speed of its recently launched Thunderbolt technology, an Intel researcher said on Wednes...
SanDisk and its partner Toshiba announced this week a 64Gbit NAND flash memory chip using 19-nanometer (nm) technology, a process one size smaller than the memory chip Intel and Micron announced last week.
A Who's Who of IT bellwethers including Apple, IBM, Intel and Qualcomm issued strong financial reports this week, the height of earnings season, reinforcing forecasts for a strong year for the tech sector.
Intel and Micron Technology opened a US$3 billion factory to make NAND flash memory in Singapore on Thursday, Intel officials said.
Nokia's move to the Windows Phone OS took the "wind" out of possible volume sales of Intel smartphone chips this year, but the chip maker has moved on, Intel CEO Paul Otellini said this week.
Lawyers for the defence of Raj Rajaratnam, who is accused of inside trading on stocks including AMD, Intel and IBM, have rested their case in New York.
Intel reported growth in revenue and income for the first quarter of 2011, driven by the addition of new products and strength in the enterprise market.
Laptops with Intel's new Core i3, i5 and i7 processors have started shipping to consumers, and include features that bring longer battery life and new levels of graphics and application performance to PCs.
By reducing its NAND flash chip size by as much as 40 per cent, Intel and Micron have opened the door for tablets and smartphone manufacturers to use the extra space for product improvements such as a bigger battery, larger screen or adding another c...
How much money would you be willing to pay for a 128GB thumb drive or a 512GB solid-state hard disk? What about paying half the amount that you would have to spend today? Intel and Micron Technology say the scenario should become a reality next year.
Despite an unusual earnings miss Thursday by Internet bellwether Google, continuing geopolitical turmoil and disappointing news for the PC market, IT is demonstrating continuing resilience as tech stocks in certain sectors moved higher Friday.
Blink and you'll miss it. Microsoft has demonstrated Internet Explorer 10 at the MIX11 show in Las Vegas. For around 30 seconds of the 90-minute talk, they mentioned that some of the demos were running on an ARM computer.
Intel is speeding up the release of tablet chips in an attempt to close the power and performance gap with ARM, which dominates the tablet market, analysts said this week.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 3 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 4 Panasonic Viera DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review
- 5 Parrot Mambo Drone review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Star Wars Death Star Bluetooth levitating rotating speaker review
- Smartwatches wear out their welcome with Motorola
- The mysteries of the GPU in Apple's iPhone 7 are unlocked
- Apple reportedly betting on drones and indoor data to make Maps better
- Apple now takes your old Apple Watch for free recycling
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Best phone of the year 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTTest AnalystVIC
- CCSolution Designer - MulesoftVIC
- FTInfrastructure AnalystQLD
- FTIteration ManagerVIC
- FTAndroid Technical Lead (Work From Home 2-3 Days)VIC
- CCSenior Integration DeveloperQLD
- FTSenior Python DeveloperNSW
- FTService Delivery Management LeadQLD
- CCChange ManagerNSW
- FTBusiness Development AnalystVIC
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- CCCloud Automation Engineer. Work Location - CanberraNSW
- FTInfrastructure and Systems SpecialistQLD
- FTDesktop Support Team LeaderQLD
- FTBusiness AnalystSA
- FTIT Client Support AnalystNSW
- CCMainframe Developer (with ASP.NET)ACT
- CCBusiness Analyst ( Finance/Banking)QLD
- CCSAP CRM Technical LeadACT
- CCWeb Services Tester- Test AnalystNSW
- FTCampaign AnalystVIC
- FTDevOps/L2 Support EngineerVIC
- CCFacilities Coordinator/ Data Centre Coordinator- Multiple RolesVIC
- CCAgile TesterNSW
- FTTechnical Solutions Architect - CloudNSW