Intel adds performance boosting Hyper-Threading to its budget chips
Chuwi announces the Hi13, a cheap Windows tablet with a detachable keyboard, powered by Intel's latest Apollo Lake Atom chip.
It's CES—time to put on some protective gear and overclock Kaby Lake CPUs to 7GHz, just for sport.
Boutique builder Origin PC says its professional overclocking can push your Kaby Lake PC past the vaunted 5GHz milestone.
Intel’s SSD-killing Optane technology will look a lot like—an SSD.
Intel shows off virtual reality in a big way at CES, with a massive VR-equipped keynote. But the first showing of its "Cannon Lake" chips and commercializing its Project Alloy VR was the real news.
HTC hints at wireless VR with new Vive partners and accessories, including the Tracker that can track anything
Thought the HTC Vive was fully developed? Not at all. HTC showed the way to a wireless future, together with new hardware: the Vive Tracker and an improved audio experience.
Intel has launched its seventh-generation Core chips, also known as Kaby Lake, for desktops, notebooks, two-and-ones, and more. Support for high-speed Optane memory could be Intel's edge over AMD's impressive Ryzen chips. Here are all the details.
AMD revealed key details about its first Zen-based processor, code-named Summit Ridge: its clock speed, the underlying SenseMI technologies that make it tick. Zen also gets a new brand name, Ryzen.
Microsoft and Intel will team up on "Project Evo" to help future computers better understand the world around them. Plus: The two companies release hardware specs for new PCs designed for virtual reality.
Intel needs graphics power. AMD needs cash. Both need to fight Nvidia. That's why this rumored partnership would actually make sense.
There's a lot of excitement about Intel's superfast Optane SSDs, but products won't be on shelves this year as the chipmaker had earlier promised.
After committing $250 million to self-driving cars earlier this month, it appears Intel is joining forces with Delphi and ex-Tesla partner Mobileye.
Intel is taking a new direction in chip development as it looks to the future of artificial intelligence, with the company betting the technology will pervade applications and web services.
Intel plans to spend an additional $250 million over the next two years to make fully autonomous driving a reality.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Subaru XV 2017 review
- 2 Samsung 2017 QLED Q7 TV: Full, in-depth review
- 3 Kogan Atlas UltraSlim Pro laptop: full, in-depth review
- 4 Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming 5 AMD Ryzen AM4 motherboard review
- 5 Kogan curved 4K UHD 55-inch LED LCD TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- The SteelSeries Qck Prism is the first dual-sided RGB mousepad
- Nvidia's offering three free VR games if you buy a GTX 10 Series card and an Oculus Rift + Touch
- Call of Duty: WWII returns the series to Normandy and Germany on November 3
- Don't install the Windows 10 Creators Update on your own, Microsoft advises
- Scanner Sombre review: A weird and unsettling glimpse into darkness
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- TPSolution ArchitectQLD
- FTService Desk AnalystNSW
- FTSenior Agile Test AnalystNSW
- FTSenior PHP DeveloperNSW
- FTBusiness Process AnalystNSW
- FTICT Transformation Integration ManagerNSW
- CCSenior IT Project ManagerNSW
- FTCRM Technical Specialist (Oracle Eloqua)VIC
- TPApplication Support EngineerQLD
- CCA/V OfficerNSW
- FTDigital ProducerNSW
- TPAgile Project Manager. Lean ProductivityNSW
- TPAutomation TesterQLD
- FTPERMANENT Business AnalystsACT
- FTTest AnalystACT
- FTPMO CoordinatorVIC
- FTBusiness Analyst/Project ManagerQLD
- FTSenior Business AnalystNSW
- CCTechnical Consultant - ITSM/HP Service ManagerACT
- CCSecurity Specialist - NV1ACT
- FTSAP Fiori Technical SpecialistsACT
- TPSenior iOS EngineerNSW
- CCSecurity Specialist - NV1ACT
- FTSenior Data ConsultantWA
- FTCapacity ManagerACT