A new user-created patch lets Kaby Lake and Ryzen PCs get updates on Windows 7 or 8—but it may be more trouble than it's worth.
If you have a PC running Windows 7 or 8.1 and the latest silicon from AMD or Intel, your updates are soon to be blocked.
Intel's new Optane Memory is aimed at non-enthusiast users, but only those with at least a Core i3. Celeron- and Pentium-based PCs are out.
Intel could tap a new high-speed interconnect, known as EMIB, to join different chips together to make future CPUs.
Intel debuts Optane Memory as a "revolutionary" technology that could make hard drives feel like SSDs, but enthusiasts were hoping for more.
Object recognition tools are key for things like self-driving cars and surveillance systems, and Intel’s SXSW demo shows us how it works.
Intel is absorbing its autonomous driving partner, Mobileye, as the chip maker takes on Nvidia and others for the future of self-driving cars.
It's about $40 cheaper than you'll find elsewhere for this budget-friendly processor.
Intel Security has released a tool that allows users to check if their computer's low-level system firmware has been modified and contains unauthorized code.
We were told by AMD that we’d have to set memory timings manually with the new Ryzen platform but, at least with Gigabyte’s AM4 motherboards, we don’t have to.
A kiosk, a drone, and even a lamppost all have something to say in Intel's demonstrations of smart-city technology at Mobile World Congress.
Think about everything you'd like to connect in your life, and thank about how much bandwidth we'll need when everyone wants to do that. That's why Intel and other companies are pushing to develop fast 5G networking.
Smartphones with Intel-based x86 chips aren't dead yet. Intel may have stopped making Atom chips for smartphones, but a partner is keeping that effort alive.
With an aggressive mix of price and performance, AMD's Ryzen will charge into the high-end PC processor space next week. Analysts say Intel may be forced onto the defensive.
Everyone wants to know how AMD's Ryzen compares to Intel's Kaby Lake. AMD showed benchmarks indicating the new chip will be every bit as impressive as the hype says it is.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Subaru XV 2017 review
- 2 Samsung 2017 QLED Q7 TV: Full, in-depth review
- 3 Kogan Atlas UltraSlim Pro laptop: full, in-depth review
- 4 Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming 5 AMD Ryzen AM4 motherboard review
- 5 Kogan curved 4K UHD 55-inch LED LCD TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Logitech's G410 mechanical keyboard is $60 today
- Leaked Microsoft document confirms Windows 10 Cloud and a Chromebook competitor
- Radeon RX 480 owners are transforming their graphics cards into the Radeon RX 580
- EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2 review: A ferocious graphics card with a radical cooler
- Why getting the basics right in ITSM is the real advantage for businesses
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTIT Service Owner - Supply Chain TechnologiesNSW
- TPData AnalystQLD
- FTBusiness Analyst- Process (Banking or Insurance or Gov backg)NSW
- CCSenior Project OfficerNSW
- FTSolution ArchitectVIC
- CCBusiness Analyst - PegaNSW
- FTSenior Information Security SpecialistQLD
- FTTest AdvertSA
- TPBusiness Intelligence DeveloperSA
- FTSenior Network EngineerACT
- FTHTML DeveloperNSW
- CCBusiness Analysts - Benefits RealisationACT
- CCDesktop Support/ Field Services EngineerQLD
- CCWindows System EngineerNSW
- CCFull Stack Developers x4!QLD
- CCSenior IT Project ManagerNSW
- TPSenior Business Analyst - Student Management SystemQLD
- CCSenior Policy OfficerNSW
- FTICT Transformation Integration ManagerNSW
- FTLooking for Information Security professional @ CanberraNSW
- FTSalesforce Business AnalystNSW
- FTSecurity Support Manager - Perth BasedNSW
- CCSenior Full-Stack Developer (Digital Transformation Project)QLD
- FTService Delivery AnalystNSW
- FTFull Stack DeveloperQLD