There's a lot of excitement about Intel's superfast Optane SSDs, but products won't be on shelves this year as the chipmaker had earlier promised.
After committing $250 million to self-driving cars earlier this month, it appears Intel is joining forces with Delphi and ex-Tesla partner Mobileye.
Intel is taking a new direction in chip development as it looks to the future of artificial intelligence, with the company betting the technology will pervade applications and web services.
Intel plans to spend an additional $250 million over the next two years to make fully autonomous driving a reality.
Drone shows can be fun to watch, much like fireworks displays. Intel's been flying an army of hundreds of drones that move in a coordinated fashion, creating an effect that looks like a mid-air ballet.
CPU performance increases were ignored for years, but AMD put them back on the map with its upcoming Zen chip. This has rubbed off on Intel in a good way.
Intel's has reached Kaby Lake with its PC chips but isn't done with the previous generation Skylake architecture quite yet.
It's fun to buy a drone from a store, but perhaps more fun to build one from scratch. Intel in December will start shipping a fully loaded drone kit to do just that, with all the parts including the rotors, software, 3D camera and flight controller.
Could hundreds or thousands of drones in the sky ever replicate the thrill we get from watching a fireworks display?
Intel began promoting its first commercial drone in the U.S. this week, as it seeks to carve out a place for itself in the fast-expanding market.
Intel clearly sees VR sports as a thing, as it's acquired its second company in the space, called Voke.
It's deal time! With its next-gen Zen chips just around the corner, AMD wants to unload AM3+ motherboards, and PCs that use them.
Intel's hope of recovering a record antitrust fine have improved with a recommendation from a top European Union judge on Thursday that the case be reviewed.
Intel reports high third-quarter revenues, but its fourth-quarter projections will make the tech industry a bit nervous. Intel's PC group, as well as its upcoming 3D Xpoint technology, look like bright spots.
Want to build a drone at home? Intel's now shipping its Aero Compute Board so you can get your unmanned aerial vehicle in the sky.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 3 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 4 Panasonic Viera DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review
- 5 Parrot Mambo Drone review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Apple offers views on automated car policy, but cagey about its plans
- Watch Dogs 2 review: A fresh, interesting rebirth that ditches the stale Ubisoft formula
- How to shoot a drone out of the sky
- Report: Microsoft's Home Hub will chase Amazon's Echo as a software service
- Intel's silence on Optane SSDs raises questions about launch and focus
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Best phone of the year 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTJava Developers X 2QLD
- CCTest Lead : Perth BasedQLD
- FTMarketing and Customer AnalyticsSA
- CCTechnical Solutions Architect - CloudNSW
- FTPerformance TesterWA
- TPIT Project OfficerVIC
- CCSenior Test EngineerVIC
- CCMainframe Developer (with ASP.NET)QLD
- CCVideo Conferencing - PABX , Cisco, Polycom and Nortel/AvaNSW
- FTTraffic / Production ManagerNSW
- TPBusiness Systems AnalystQLD
- FTIteration ManagerVIC
- CCSenior Software Engineer - C/C++SA
- CCSystems AdministratorQLD
- FTBusiness Reporting AnalystNSW
- FTSenior / Lead UX DesignerNSW
- CCAzure/Sharepoint DeveloperQLD
- FTEnterprise Account ManagerNSW
- FTDesktop Delivery Team LeaderVIC
- CCSales Support AssociateNSW
- FTPositive Vetted ICT positions - Defence intelligence and information securityACT
- CCSenior Windows Automation Specialist (Integration)NSW
- CCPerformance Test AnalystOther
- CCSiebel Developers x 8NSW
- CCCX Program LeadNSW