Intel Core i3, Core i5, and Core i7 CPUs have been around for a few years now, but some buyers still get stumped whenever they attempt to build their own systems and are forced to choose among the three. With the more recent 7th Generation (Kaby Lake...
Intel's Optane (3D Xpoint) memory, which could be 1,000 times faster than NAND flash, is due out next year, making it a suitable candidate for Apple's next-generation MacBook Pro. Optane will be compatible with the NVMe protocol, which Apple has been...
After last year's Computex, pundits proclaimed the PC to be dead. This year's proved that it's not just alive and kicking, but innovating like crazy.
Enterprise IT vendors didn't have much to say about commercial drones just 18 months ago, but now Cisco, AT&T, Verizon and others are making their moves.
After an eternity of hype, innuendo and rumors, Intel's Core i7-6700K, code-named "Skylake," is finally here--and it's actually worth the wait. But only if you have realistic expectations, not those built up on months of leaked "performance" numbers ...
Humans like to celebrate barriers being broken. The speed of sound. The first 1GHz processor, or 1TB hard drive.
It's movie night, 2016. A crop of teens streams through the kitchen, snagging chips and drinks as they head downstairs to watch the latest blockbuster on the new 4K monitor. There's excited chatter as the movie begins to play, then--
For 50 years, Moore's Law has paved the way for faster, smaller and cheaper devices. The observation focuses on the economics and scaling of silicon chips, which are at the heart of computing devices.
When you're strapping on the latest smart watch or ogling an iPhone, you probably aren't thinking of Moore's Law, which for 50 years has been used as a blueprint to make computers smaller, cheaper and faster.
As SSDs become more common, you'll also hear more about Non-Volatile Memory Express, a.k.a. NVM Express, or more commonly--NVMe. NVMe is a communications interface/protocol developed specially for SSDs by a consortium of vendors including Intel, Sams...
A few things have changed since the last time we completed a feature article on what to look for when buying a laptop, but the main thing we want to highlight for this particular article is processing technology. Intel has come along and redefined th...
As NASA sends robotic spacecraft and rovers to the moon and Mars, the space agency has been using artificial intelligence to get the most science out of its missions.
The Internet of Things may be a new idea, but machines talking to other machines is not.
The Internet of Things is still too hard. Even some of its biggest backers say so.
Intel's US$740 million investment in software company Cloudera will help sell more x86 chips in Hadoop installations, but it could also be a defensive move to maintain its server lead from the emerging threat posed by 64-bit ARM servers.
Microsoft L5V-00027 Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard Desktop
Everki ContemPRO Roll Top Laptop Backpack
UE Boom 2 Bluetooth speaker
Samsung portable 1TB T3 drive
Lexar® JumpDrive® S57 USB 3.0 flash drive
Linksys AC5400 MU-MIMO Gigabit router
Epson EcoTank Expression ET-2500
Smart LED Bulb LB130
Acer Swift 7
Lexar® Portable SSD
Google Daydream VR headset
Logitech G403 Prodigy mouse
Huawei Mate 9
3SIXT Ultra HD Sports Action Camera
Lexar® JumpDrive® S45 USB 3.0 flash drive
Belkin MIXIT Metallic Lightning to USB Cable
HD Pan/Tilt Wi-Fi Camera with Night Vision NC450
HP Pavilion x360 13”
Garmin Fenix Chronos smartwatch
Surface Pro 4
Lexar® JumpDrive® C20c USB Type-C flash drive
Dell XPS 13 laptop
Dell Inspiron 5000 series 2-in-1
Lexar® Professional 1800x microSDHC™/microSDXC™ UHS-II cards
Audio-Technica ATH-ANC70 Noise Cancelling Headphones
Blade 28 backpack by Arc’teryx
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Star Wars Death Star Bluetooth levitating rotating speaker review
- 2 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 3 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 4 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Fingerprint scanning is coming to Chromebooks
- Soon your Samsung Galaxy's fingerprint reader will unlock your Windows 10 PC
- Blizzard's ending Windows XP, Vista support for Warcraft, Diablo, Hearthstone, and more games
- Razer Blade Pro (2016) review: Now this is how you do a 'Pro' laptop
- Horizon Zero Dawn review
PCW Evaluation Team
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
- Horizon Zero Dawn review
- How to quit Pokemon Go (or to start enjoying it again)
- Japan's pop culture, anime-friendly, J-Pop shrine, Kanda Myojin
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTSenior Security Sales SpecialistVIC
- FTSenior Dot Net Backend Orientated DeveloperNSW
- CCProject Support SpecialistVIC
- FTAnalyst Programmer (Natural/Adabas)SA
- TPe-Learning Developer (Captivate 8)VIC
- TPTechnical ConsultantNSW
- TPMid-Level Java DeveloperNSW
- TPSenior Business AnalystQLD
- CCSAP Consultant - SAP Native HANA to DesignWA
- FTSolution ArchitectNSW
- FTTechnical Consultant MS Dynamics AXQLD
- FTBranch Practice Manager - SecurityQLD
- CCPega DeveloperNSW
- FTSenior Functional Consultant - Data Analytics - TelcoVIC
- FTDynamics AX Functional Consultant (Supply Chain Modules)ACT
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Technical ArchitectVIC
- FTJava Developer/IntegratorACT
- FTDynamics AX Functional ConsultantACT
- CCNetwork EngineerNSW
- FTSenior Network AdministratorNSW
- TPInstructional Designer | DETQLD
- CCDesktop Engineer l WollongongNSW
- CCUnix AdministratorNSW
- CCSolution Architect - Financial applicationsVIC
- FTApplications DeveloperACT