After last year's Computex, pundits proclaimed the PC to be dead. This year's proved that it's not just alive and kicking, but innovating like crazy.
Enterprise IT vendors didn't have much to say about commercial drones just 18 months ago, but now Cisco, AT&T, Verizon and others are making their moves.
After an eternity of hype, innuendo and rumors, Intel's Core i7-6700K, code-named "Skylake," is finally here--and it's actually worth the wait. But only if you have realistic expectations, not those built up on months of leaked "performance" numbers ...
Humans like to celebrate barriers being broken. The speed of sound. The first 1GHz processor, or 1TB hard drive.
It's movie night, 2016. A crop of teens streams through the kitchen, snagging chips and drinks as they head downstairs to watch the latest blockbuster on the new 4K monitor. There's excited chatter as the movie begins to play, then--
For 50 years, Moore's Law has paved the way for faster, smaller and cheaper devices. The observation focuses on the economics and scaling of silicon chips, which are at the heart of computing devices.
When you're strapping on the latest smart watch or ogling an iPhone, you probably aren't thinking of Moore's Law, which for 50 years has been used as a blueprint to make computers smaller, cheaper and faster.
As SSDs become more common, you'll also hear more about Non-Volatile Memory Express, a.k.a. NVM Express, or more commonly--NVMe. NVMe is a communications interface/protocol developed specially for SSDs by a consortium of vendors including Intel, Sams...
A few things have changed since the last time we completed a feature article on what to look for when buying a laptop, but the main thing we want to highlight for this particular article is processing technology. Intel has come along and redefined th...
As NASA sends robotic spacecraft and rovers to the moon and Mars, the space agency has been using artificial intelligence to get the most science out of its missions.
The Internet of Things may be a new idea, but machines talking to other machines is not.
The Internet of Things is still too hard. Even some of its biggest backers say so.
Intel's US$740 million investment in software company Cloudera will help sell more x86 chips in Hadoop installations, but it could also be a defensive move to maintain its server lead from the emerging threat posed by 64-bit ARM servers.
Intel's acquisition of mobile network assets from silicon vendor Mindspeed Technologies will give the chip giant what it needs to extend the Intel architecture throughout mobile operator networks, helping the carriers upgrade hardware and roll out ne...
Four new smartphone OSes intend to challenge Apple and Google's dominant position. Mozilla's Firefox OS is the first out of the gate, but Canonical, Samsung Electronics and Intel, as well as Finnish upstart Jolla Mobile, are also getting their altern...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Evapolar USB air conditioner review
- 2 LED Lenser P7R Professional Torch review
- 3 Aftershokz Wireless Trekz Titanium Bone Conduction Bluetooth Headphones review
- 4 Review: Periscope users rejoice with Feiyu’s G4 Plus 3-Axis Gimbal for Smartphone video
- 5 2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Parrot Mambo Drone review
- Logitech K780 Wireless Keyboard review: One fantastic keyboard for your computer, phone, and tablet
- Microsoft confirms Windows 10 adoption slowdown
- Sonos comes to the Apple store, but what does that mean for Beats speakers?
- Microsoft-Nissan partnership treats cars like PCs
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTLinux Systems AdministratorNZ
- FTCustomer Solutions Engineer | Voice | Data | TelcoNSW
- CCSolution ArchitectQLD
- FTInfrastructure Solutions ArchitectACT
- CCTechnical Architect/DesignerACT
- CCSecurity Cleared IT Professionals - Expression of InterestSA
- CCIT Security ArchitectACT
- CCContract Systems Analyst (IT Security) 160928/JP/653Asia
- FTScrum Master | High Profile FintechNSW
- CCSenior Project ManagerACT
- CCPMO AnalystNSW
- CCFull Stack Application Developer - IoT projectsVIC
- FTNetwork and Security Design EngineerNSW
- CCE-Commerce - Senior Web DeveloperNSW
- FTTechnical Support Engineer | Cloud | Automation techsNSW
- CCNetwork and Security EngineerNSW
- CCJava / J2ee ProgrammersACT
- FTCarrier/ Industrial Network ConsultantsWA
- CCVideo Conference Support Officer- VoIP, LAN, WAN, RemedyNSW
- FTSenior PHP DeveloperNSW
- FTSenior Project Manager | TelecommunicationVIC
- CCSolutions ArchitectACT
- FTOutbound TelesalesVIC
- CCService Desk analystSA
- CCNetwork Design Specialist - TelecommunicationsNSW