Enterprise IT vendors didn't have much to say about commercial drones just 18 months ago, but now Cisco, AT&T, Verizon and others are making their moves.
After an eternity of hype, innuendo and rumors, Intel's Core i7-6700K, code-named "Skylake," is finally here--and it's actually worth the wait. But only if you have realistic expectations, not those built up on months of leaked "performance" numbers ...
Humans like to celebrate barriers being broken. The speed of sound. The first 1GHz processor, or 1TB hard drive.
It's movie night, 2016. A crop of teens streams through the kitchen, snagging chips and drinks as they head downstairs to watch the latest blockbuster on the new 4K monitor. There's excited chatter as the movie begins to play, then--
For 50 years, Moore's Law has paved the way for faster, smaller and cheaper devices. The observation focuses on the economics and scaling of silicon chips, which are at the heart of computing devices.
When you're strapping on the latest smart watch or ogling an iPhone, you probably aren't thinking of Moore's Law, which for 50 years has been used as a blueprint to make computers smaller, cheaper and faster.
As SSDs become more common, you'll also hear more about Non-Volatile Memory Express, a.k.a. NVM Express, or more commonly--NVMe. NVMe is a communications interface/protocol developed specially for SSDs by a consortium of vendors including Intel, Sams...
A few things have changed since the last time we completed a feature article on what to look for when buying a laptop, but the main thing we want to highlight for this particular article is processing technology. Intel has come along and redefined th...
The Internet of Things may be a new idea, but machines talking to other machines is not.
The Internet of Things is still too hard. Even some of its biggest backers say so.
Intel's US$740 million investment in software company Cloudera will help sell more x86 chips in Hadoop installations, but it could also be a defensive move to maintain its server lead from the emerging threat posed by 64-bit ARM servers.
Intel's acquisition of mobile network assets from silicon vendor Mindspeed Technologies will give the chip giant what it needs to extend the Intel architecture throughout mobile operator networks, helping the carriers upgrade hardware and roll out ne...
Four new smartphone OSes intend to challenge Apple and Google's dominant position. Mozilla's Firefox OS is the first out of the gate, but Canonical, Samsung Electronics and Intel, as well as Finnish upstart Jolla Mobile, are also getting their altern...
We've created a chart, pitting the ATIV Book 9 Plus against Acer's Aspire S7, Asus' Zenbook Infinity, Toshiba's KiraBook, Google's Chromebook Pixel and Apple's 13-inch MacBook Pro with Retina Display.
The new Mac Pro is a black cylinder dense with high technology, from powerful Intel workstation-grade processors to two shockingly fast graphics cards to an array of expansion ports. We got a brief chance to go hands-on.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 2 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 3 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 4 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
- 5 Microsoft Lumia 640 review: Honouring Nokia's legacy
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Seagate 8TB NAS drive: Review
- Seagate ST1000LX001 review
- Report: Microsoft could debut Xbox One game streaming stick and 'Xbox TV' at E3
- This sticker can wirelessly charge your smartphone or tablet
- Microsoft breaks own design rules in dupe-the-user Windows 10 upgrade tactic
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTPega Operation Engineer - CEPNSW
- CCBusiness Systems AnalystQLD
- CCSenior Process AnalystVIC
- CCProgram Communications SpecialistVIC
- CCTechnical Solutions Specialist - Software Developer (Client facing)NSW
- CCIteration Manager/Agile Project ManagerNSW
- CCIT Security Consultant -NSW
- CCSQL DeveloperNSW
- CCSystems Engineer- VMware / Cisco UCSNSW
- CCSenior Systems AnalystSA
- CCBPM / Java DeveloperNSW
- FTWeb DeveloperSA
- CCIT Program ManagerACT
- CCNetwork Consultant - Bandwidth Assessment | 3 month contract into Defence | NV1+ACT
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160523/AP/568Asia
- CCSr. Net DeveloperVIC
- CCService Desk ConsultantACT
- FTSenior Developer (.Net)SA
- CCData Migration Quality Manager- SAP ECCNSW
- CCExcel DeveloperVIC
- FTSenior Network Engineer - Australian Systems Integrator - Immediate interviewNSW
- CCSolution ArchitectNSW
- CCContract Programmer (MS SQL Server/SQL/Web) 160518/P/626Asia
- CCTechnical System Engineer (Linux/Mobile/SQL)160524/TSE/vmtAsia
- CCDelivery Manager - Integration SpaceVIC