If the Internet of Things didn't quite proliferate in 2014, at least IoT industry groups and standards bodies did.
Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers
The IEEE is embarking on an ambitious effort to build a overarching architecture for the Internet of Things, spanning a multitude of industries and technologies.
As it embarks on what's likely to be a long journey to its next big increase in speed, Ethernet is in some ways a victim of its own success.
A just-published standard for using the "white spaces" between TV channels could offer as much as 22M bps (bits per second) over distances as great as 100 kilometers (62 miles).
Ethernet vendors will need to develop faster products more quickly to keep up with the demand being created by mobile and cloud computing, some participants at an industry group meeting said on Tuesday.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 Mazda MX-5 (2016) review: Absolute driving purity
- 3 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 4 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Samsung hopes Raspberry Pi can spread Tizen OS adoption
- 5G dreams in Barcelona: Cars, robots and VR games
- VMware gives enterprises a BYOD boost with three new tools
- Google adds warning to unencrypted emails
- Intel's Itanium to live an as HPE commits to new servers with the chip
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTDigital Marketing Specialist | Media BuyerNSW
- FTSecurity ArchitectWA
- CCOracle Developer - 3 month contractSA
- FTInfrastructure Project Manager - NV1 clearance mandatoryNSW
- CCAngularJS DeveloperNSW
- CCIT Service Improvement SpecialistNSW
- CCChange LeadNSW
- FTUX Front-End DeveloperWA
- CCMid to Senior Level User Experience SpecialistsNSW
- FTSenior Business Analyst - Oracle ProcurementSA
- CCSolution Design EngineerACT
- FT.NET DeveloperVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160205/AP/541Asia
- CCSAP Basis Admin with JavaACT
- FTSOE EngineerQLD
- CCBusiness AnalystQLD
- CCSenior Project Manager - DigitalVIC
- CCBusiness Analyst - CanberraNSW
- CCRecords Officer - CanberraACT
- CCSharePoint AdministratorACT
- CCContract System Analyst (Website/PHP development) 160122/SA/vmtAsia
- CCContract Analyst Programmer 160120/AP/vvtAsia
- CCContract Junior Programmer (JAVA/Mobile App) 160115/JP/vhaAsia
- CCSAP CRM Specialist- ABAPACT