Now you can really vent next time you want to say something privately on Twitter.
Once thought to be the province of randy teenagers, exchanging sexually explicit messages over mobile devices, a practice known as "sexting," may be far more widespread than assumed.
Facebook wants to squeeze as much growth as it can out of its popular Messenger app, even if that means foregoing Facebook.
As part of Twitter's larger push to give more people a reason to use its service, it is changing its direct messaging function to let users receive missives from people they don't follow.
The findings of a new survey debunks theories that Facebook is losing its "cool factor" among teenagers.
Facebook has launched a standalone Messenger app for chatting on the Web outside of Facebook.com.
Facebook annoyed and puzzled many people last year when it forced them to download its Messenger app for chats. Its reasons for doing so are now clearer: Messenger is becoming a beast of an app, with its own links to outside businesses and software a...
The popular group chat tool Slack suffered a hack of its central database last month, the company admitted Friday, potentially compromising users' profile information like log-on data, email addresses and phone numbers.
Enterprises want open communication with the people they do business with -- but not too open.
WhatsApp is now available for the Web, in a form that pairs the mobile version of the app to a user's desktop computer.
The U.K. may ban online messaging services that offer encryption such as WhatsApp and Apple's iMessage, under surveillance plans laid out by Prime Minister David Cameron.
Kim Dotcom, founder of the file hosting service Mega, is preparing to launch an encrypted video-calling and chat service that will shield its users' communications from government surveillance.
Line, the messaging app from Japan, has acquired MixRadio, the free music-streaming service Microsoft gained through its Nokia acquisition, the companies announced Thursday.
Ramping up efforts to keep its customers' messages safe from snooping, WhatsApp said Tuesday that it now supports end-to-end encryption for messages sent between users.
Taking a page from the Snapchat playbook, BlackBerry will let BBM messaging service users control how long messages and pictures can be viewed, hoping the feature, along with other new capabilities, will result in a new revenue stream.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 2 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 3 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 4 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
- 5 Microsoft Lumia 640 review: Honouring Nokia's legacy
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- 10 things you need to know about Intel's crazy 10-core Broadwell-E CPU
- Ballistix demonstrates first NVMe drive performance at Computex
- Computex: SSD makers who don't make U.2 SSDs say U.2 is 'dead on arrival' but motherboard maker shows otherwise
- 100 illuminated Intel drones to perform at Vivid Sydney
- Intel beefs up VR ammo with Extreme Edition Core i7 chips
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCInfrastructure Business AnalystNSW
- FTTest Capability ManagerVIC
- FTImplementation / Deployment Specialist- Web Sphere, ESB, IIBNSW
- CCMS Dynamics CRM ConsultantVIC
- FTTest AnalystVIC
- CCDigital Project ManagerVIC
- FTData EngineersNSW
- CCApplication Server AdminACT
- CCTechnology Lead / Senior Developer - Java (Urgent)NSW
- CCIT Change CoordinatorNSW
- CCEnd to End Project Manager - PMO and GovernanceVIC
- CCChange manager/Change LeadNSW
- CCFront end and Full Stack DevelopersNSW
- CCSolution ArchitectNSW
- FTService Desk AnaylstNSW
- FTJunior Web Developer | CBD | Digital AgencyVIC
- FTNV1, NV2 Network Engineers | Permanent role with diverse Defence projectsACT
- CCICT Contracts and Procurement SpecialistACT
- CCBI/Information/Data/Solution ArchitectNSW
- FTLinux Infrastructure EngineerVIC
- CCOracle Applications Team LeadNSW
- CCOracle Fusion SOA/BPEL DeveloperVIC
- CCSenior Business Analyst - Integration Solution ManagementVIC
- FTSenior Full-Stack .NET DeveloperVIC
- CCIteration Manager/Agile Project ManagerNSW