Now you can really vent next time you want to say something privately on Twitter.
Once thought to be the province of randy teenagers, exchanging sexually explicit messages over mobile devices, a practice known as "sexting," may be far more widespread than assumed.
Facebook wants to squeeze as much growth as it can out of its popular Messenger app, even if that means foregoing Facebook.
As part of Twitter's larger push to give more people a reason to use its service, it is changing its direct messaging function to let users receive missives from people they don't follow.
The findings of a new survey debunks theories that Facebook is losing its "cool factor" among teenagers.
Facebook has launched a standalone Messenger app for chatting on the Web outside of Facebook.com.
Facebook annoyed and puzzled many people last year when it forced them to download its Messenger app for chats. Its reasons for doing so are now clearer: Messenger is becoming a beast of an app, with its own links to outside businesses and software a...
The popular group chat tool Slack suffered a hack of its central database last month, the company admitted Friday, potentially compromising users' profile information like log-on data, email addresses and phone numbers.
Enterprises want open communication with the people they do business with -- but not too open.
WhatsApp is now available for the Web, in a form that pairs the mobile version of the app to a user's desktop computer.
The U.K. may ban online messaging services that offer encryption such as WhatsApp and Apple's iMessage, under surveillance plans laid out by Prime Minister David Cameron.
Kim Dotcom, founder of the file hosting service Mega, is preparing to launch an encrypted video-calling and chat service that will shield its users' communications from government surveillance.
Line, the messaging app from Japan, has acquired MixRadio, the free music-streaming service Microsoft gained through its Nokia acquisition, the companies announced Thursday.
Ramping up efforts to keep its customers' messages safe from snooping, WhatsApp said Tuesday that it now supports end-to-end encryption for messages sent between users.
Taking a page from the Snapchat playbook, BlackBerry will let BBM messaging service users control how long messages and pictures can be viewed, hoping the feature, along with other new capabilities, will result in a new revenue stream.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 Mazda MX-5 (2016) review: Absolute driving purity
- 3 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 4 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft lets cautious users try more of Windows 10’s leading edge
- A new IoT gateway design could be Bluetooth's ticket to the cloud
- Data science achieves the ultimate ROI: a craft beer
- SAP slaps patch on leaky factory software
- Paul McCartney gives Skype some silly love songs
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTDigital Marketing Specialist | Media BuyerNSW
- CCAngularJS DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior Visual DesignerNSW
- FTBusiness Analyst - Superannuation FundVIC
- FTUX Front-End DeveloperWA
- CCIT Security EngineerNSW
- CCTechnical Integration Specialist - MicrosoftACT
- CCSystem TesterQLD
- CCOracle Business AnalystSA
- CCProject Manager - Customer Engagement / NPSVIC
- CCWintel Support EngineerNSW
- CCJava Developer - IOSNSW
- FTProgram ManagerNSW
- CCWindows System Admin, Administrator, Technical SupportNSW
- CCDesktop Applications PackagerSA
- CCWeb Content WriterSA
- FTTechnical WriterNSW
- FTNetwork Systems LeadVIC
- FTIT Support AnalystNSW
- CCCitrix Systems EngineerNSW
- CCService Delivery Manager - Infrastructure/ApplicationsNSW
- FTFull Stack & Mobile EngineersNSW
- CCEnterprise Architect - Network & InfrastructureNSW
- CCContract System Analyst (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160205/SA/881Asia
- CCTechnical Lead - .NET TechnologiesNSW