The Apple co-founder and chief scientist at Fusion-io talks about the disruptive trends that excite and concern him.
Telcos must welcome the development of the National Broadband Network (NBN) as a chance to innovate, or face unpopularity, a member of TM Forum said.
For some reason people assume that implementation methodologies are different according to the type of software and newer technologies such as enterprise social software are somehow unusual.
Technology innovation is something anyone can undertake these days. Or so we are told.
Thumbs up, lights on. Thumbs down, lights off. That's all a user would need to do with the GestureID project from Germany's Fraunhofer Institute for Digital Media Technology. After more than a year of intensive research, the group presented its proje...
Touch screens have changed the way people use mobile phones dramatically. But gesture controls, augmented reality and larger screen sizes are about to change habits even more, according to mobile interface expert Christian Lindholm.
For TV addicts it could be the ultimate remote control: a 7-inch portable touchscreen that can not only control gadgets in the living room but also check out and what's playing on channels other than the one currently showing on the big screen.
VMware announced a new program on Tuesday through which service providers will offer pay-as-you-go computing services similar to those from Amazon Web Services.
Nokia plans to roll out a micro financing program for mobile phones across 12 states in India.
Taiwan's largest telecommunications service provider, Chunghwa Telecom (CHT), has teamed up with Microsoft, smartphone maker High Tech Computer (HTC) and others to start building an e-book business for Chinese language materials.
Scientists at IBM are experimenting with using DNA molecules as a way to create tiny circuits that could form the basis of smaller, more powerful computer chips.
Digg announced a new ad voting platform this week. Digg has established itself as a provider of community consensus for content. With this new system, users can vote for or against Web ad content. The more votes an ad gets, the less the advertiser wi...
The Boston software company Invention Machine will have you believe their product can make the traditional "Eureka!" moment obsolete.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Star Wars Death Star Bluetooth levitating rotating speaker review
- 2 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 3 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 4 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Twitter's Vine dies today, so download your videos pronto
- Nvidia's new Shield TV launches with HDR support, and connected home smarts on deck
- Why Linux users should worry about malware and what they can do about it
- A new Microsoft foldable device patent offers more grist for the Surface phone rumor mill
- Epson FastFoto FF-640 review: Quick, convenient photo scans don’t come cheap
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTBrand Marketing Manager - Premium Entertainment BrandNSW
- CCBiztalk DeveloperACT
- CCIT Solutions ArchitectQLD
- FTJava DeveloperNSW
- TPInfrastructure ArchitectVIC
- FTLevel 3 EngineerNSW
- CCTester- InfrastructureACT
- CCBiztalk DeveloperNSW
- CCFIS Connex DeveloperQLD
- TPProgram ManagerNSW
- FTChief ArchitectVIC
- CCAAA DeveloperNSW
- TPDeployment Support EngineerVIC
- FTRegional Sales Manager - Telco/ICT - Employer of choiceQLD
- FTInformation / Data Quality AnalystNSW
- TPBI Report Developer - SSRS SSIS SSASNSW
- FTNetIQ Development & SupportNSW
- FTSolutions Architect - Data Centre/ NetworkSA
- FTTechnical Consultant MS Dynamics AXSA
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Functional Consultant Advanced Warehouse ManagementSA
- CCICT Contracts ManagerSA
- FTEnterprise Sales ManagerVIC
- CCProject SchedulerNSW
- TPIT Procurement OfficerQLD
- FTSenior .Net DeveloperVIC