Oracle is now a corporate sponsor of the OpenStack Foundation and plans to weave parts of the open-source infrastructure platform into its own products, saying it will give customers more flexibility and options for managing clouds.
IBM is developing software that will allow organizations to use multiple cloud storage services interchangeably, reducing dependence on any single cloud vendor and ensuring that data remains available even during service outages.
Explosive revelations in the past six months about the U.S. government's massive cyber-spying activities have spooked individuals, rankled politicians and enraged privacy watchdogs, but top IT executives aren't panicking -- yet.
Recognizing the growing popularity of Node.js for building distributed Web applications, cloud provider Joyent will soon offer a commercial support package for managing the platform, wherever it is run.
After running the service in preview mode for over a year, Google is making its IaaS (infrastructure-as-a-service) Google Compute Engine (GCE) available as a full-fledged commercial service.
Microsoft struggled this week with multiple performance problems on its Azure cloud platform, while it also made the hosted load balancing service Traffic Manager generally available.
Much has been made about the "Internet of things," but behind every device is a customer, and companies that fail to recognize this do so at their own peril, according to Salesforce.com CEO Marc Benioff.
With its new AppStream offering, Amazon is offering intensive graphics processing as a service, with the promise of freeing developers from worrying about the rendering capabilities of each user's device.
While getting the best performance from your systems is crucial, getting consistent performance is even more important, because it guarantees a satisfactory user experience and even sets the stage for building more capabilities on top of the system, ...
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is offering the open-source PostgreSQL relational database as part of its RDS (Relational Database Service).
Private clouds offer "none of the benefits" of a robust public cloud, and are only a stopgap solution perpetuated by "old-guard" IT companies such as IBM, said Andy Jassy, Amazon senior vice president who heads up Amazon Web Services.
Can the OpenStack open-source private cloud software be tamed for enterprise use? Red Hat is trying: It is expanding its CloudForms management software to encompass Red Hat Enterprise Linux OpenStack deployments.
IT hosting company Rackspace is upgrading its OpenStack-based servers across the board with faster processors as well as more memory and network bandwidth.
Microsoft's Windows Azure suffered from an issue on Wednesday that affected a management feature in the compute section of the public cloud, and remained unsolved Thursday morning.
Virtual network infrastructure vendor PLUMgrid is bringing its platform to OpenStack Havana, adding better resiliency and scalability in large environments.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 Mazda MX-5 (2016) review: Absolute driving purity
- 3 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 4 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Upgrading to SAP Hana? This new tool can help prepare your code
- The eyes have it: How one startup aims to change the future of VR
- Gaming on Linux, Steam machines set to soar with DirectX competitor Vulkan
- Google didn't abuse its position in Streetmap case, UK court rules
- New Chromebook won't break with 365-pound person standing on it
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTDigital Marketing Specialist | Media BuyerNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/Oracle/UNIX) 160203/AP/381Asia
- CCSenior Business Analyst, Enterprise Software SolutionNSW
- CCImmediate iOS Developer Required - Contract - SydneyNSW
- FTBusiness Analyst / Scrum MasterNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer 160120/AP/vvtAsia
- FTSenior Oracle DBANSW
- CCBusiness Analyst - Digital -PenrithNSW
- CCFront End Developer - MelbourneVIC
- FTDatabase AdministratorVIC
- FTNetwork EngineerNSW
- CCContract System Analyst (Website/PHP development) 160122/SA/vmtAsia
- FTWeb Programmer/ DeveloperVIC
- FTInfrastructure Project Manager - NV1 clearance mandatoryNSW
- CCSolution ArchitectNSW
- CCTechnical Project Manager, MigrationNSW
- CCPortfolio-Program SchedulerNSW
- FTWintel EngineerNSW
- CCOracle Apex DeveloperQLD
- CCOperations AnalystNSW
- FTSenior Portfolio Manager - IT ProjectsNSW
- CCSecurity Consultant/Analyst (Data Loss Prevention)WA
- FTSystems Administrator/Engineer | Projects & BAU | Coastal Newcastle NSWWA
- FTJava Full Stack Developer - MelbourneVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer(Crystal Report/Oracle)160127/AP/vhsAsia