Brian Stevens, the former chief technology officer for Red Hat, is now managing Google Cloud.
Fortifying its SoftLayer cloud services for enterprise use, IBM has started using Intel's chip-based Trusted Execution Technology to help organizations in highly regulated industries meet their auditing and security compliance requirements.
One of the fastest growing cloud hosting services, DigitalOcean, now offers one of the hottest virtualization technologies, Docker.
To beef up its cloud platform with more specialized packages, Google is acquiring Zync for its large scale rendering service for movie special effects, called Zync Render.
Hoping to lure more enterprises to its cloud, Hewlett-Packard is offering a trimmed-down basic infrastructure service for lighter workloads.
IBM is offering a potentially powerful incentive in its attempts to entice organizations to move supercomputing jobs to the cloud: a high-speed network communications link called InfiniBand.
Following through on promises from new CEO Satya Nadella, Microsoft continues to add support for non-Microsoft technologies, allowing them to run well on the company's Azure cloud hosting platform.
Two years after losing high-profile government work to Amazon Web Services, IBM has revamped the way it structures enterprise cloud services contracts, thanks in part to its $US2 billion acquisition of cloud services provider SoftLayer.
IBM, Microsoft, Red Hat and other IT vendors are lending a hand to Google to help build software that enterprises could use to manage their computerized workloads in the cloud.
Amazon Web Service has launched a type of instance to reduce costs for hosted remote desktops and small databases that don't consistently use high levels of CPU power, but every now and then need better performance.
If the key to winning cloud business is to earn the approval of developers, as pundits say, then Google is busy wooing programmers with a new set of tools for its cloud platform.
Taking what many see as the next step in big data analysis, Google is previewing a service called Google Cloud Dataflow that analyzes live data, potentially giving users the ability to view trends and be alerted to events as they happen.
Red Hat is filling out its OpenStack portfolio by acquiring eNovance, a provider of integration services, for approximately US$95 million in cash and stock.
Hoping to get a hand from partners, Hewlett-Packard is assembling a network of service providers that will offer hosted services based on the company's Helion software.
Google has underlined its support for the newly emerging Docker container technology, releasing a number of new tools to help users make the most of the open-source virtualization software.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Evapolar USB air conditioner review
- 2 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 3 LED Lenser P7R Professional Torch review
- 4 Aftershokz Wireless Trekz Titanium Bone Conduction Bluetooth Headphones review
- 5 Review: Periscope users rejoice with Feiyu’s G4 Plus 3-Axis Gimbal for Smartphone video
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Linksys EA9500 Max-Stream AC5400 MU-MIMO Gigabit router review
- Paris motor show turns on to electric cars
- Israeli startup says its new software would have prevented Tesla hack
- Microsoft moves Cortana and Bing into Microsoft Research to accelerate new features
- Google Maps for Android adds 'OK Google' voice, navigation commands and other search tricks
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTSenior Front End DeveloperNSW
- CCBI Reporting AnalystACT
- FTScrum Master | High Profile FintechNSW
- CCInformatica Developer (MDM)NSW
- FTDesktop/Application SupportVIC
- FTCarrier/ Industrial Network ConsultantsWA
- CCTechnical Architect/DesignerACT
- CCSenior .NET DeveloperVIC
- CCSenior Change ManagerVIC
- FTCustomer Solutions Engineer | Voice | Data | TelcoNSW
- CCJava / J2ee ProgrammersACT
- FTOutbound TelesalesVIC
- FTNetwork and Security Design EngineerNSW
- FTTest SpecialistSA
- CCLAN ConsultantWA
- CCContract Junior Programmer (J2EE/SQL) 160927/JP/551Asia
- FTTest Manager (HP Quality Centre / ARIBA)NSW
- CCIT Security ArchitectACT
- FTTechnical Business Analyst | Marketing ServicesNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst - Telecom ProjectNSW
- CCProgram Manager - Data InsightVIC
- CCPMO AnalystNSW
- FTEMC Storage ConsultantWA
- CCiOS DeveloperNSW
- FTPositive Vetted ICT positions - Defence intelligence and information securityACT