Brian Stevens, the former chief technology officer for Red Hat, is now managing Google Cloud.
Fortifying its SoftLayer cloud services for enterprise use, IBM has started using Intel's chip-based Trusted Execution Technology to help organizations in highly regulated industries meet their auditing and security compliance requirements.
One of the fastest growing cloud hosting services, DigitalOcean, now offers one of the hottest virtualization technologies, Docker.
To beef up its cloud platform with more specialized packages, Google is acquiring Zync for its large scale rendering service for movie special effects, called Zync Render.
Hoping to lure more enterprises to its cloud, Hewlett-Packard is offering a trimmed-down basic infrastructure service for lighter workloads.
IBM is offering a potentially powerful incentive in its attempts to entice organizations to move supercomputing jobs to the cloud: a high-speed network communications link called InfiniBand.
Following through on promises from new CEO Satya Nadella, Microsoft continues to add support for non-Microsoft technologies, allowing them to run well on the company's Azure cloud hosting platform.
Two years after losing high-profile government work to Amazon Web Services, IBM has revamped the way it structures enterprise cloud services contracts, thanks in part to its $US2 billion acquisition of cloud services provider SoftLayer.
IBM, Microsoft, Red Hat and other IT vendors are lending a hand to Google to help build software that enterprises could use to manage their computerized workloads in the cloud.
Amazon Web Service has launched a type of instance to reduce costs for hosted remote desktops and small databases that don't consistently use high levels of CPU power, but every now and then need better performance.
If the key to winning cloud business is to earn the approval of developers, as pundits say, then Google is busy wooing programmers with a new set of tools for its cloud platform.
Taking what many see as the next step in big data analysis, Google is previewing a service called Google Cloud Dataflow that analyzes live data, potentially giving users the ability to view trends and be alerted to events as they happen.
Red Hat is filling out its OpenStack portfolio by acquiring eNovance, a provider of integration services, for approximately US$95 million in cash and stock.
Hoping to get a hand from partners, Hewlett-Packard is assembling a network of service providers that will offer hosted services based on the company's Helion software.
Google has underlined its support for the newly emerging Docker container technology, releasing a number of new tools to help users make the most of the open-source virtualization software.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Subaru XV 2017 review
- 2 Samsung 2017 QLED Q7 TV: Full, in-depth review
- 3 Kogan Atlas UltraSlim Pro laptop: full, in-depth review
- 4 Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming 5 AMD Ryzen AM4 motherboard review
- 5 Kogan curved 4K UHD 55-inch LED LCD TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft reinstates My People for Windows 10, connecting you to your BFFs
- This overclocked EVGA GTX 1050 Ti costs less than reference models
- This week in games: Forza Horizon 3 gets Hot Wheels, Terry Crews gets a wild Old Spice PC
- Radeon owners rebel when AMD drivers stealth drop Quake Champions links on desktops
- Surface sales sag and Windows Phones fade, as Microsoft's hardware business takes a hit
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- CCData Warehouse SpecialistQLD
- FTInfrastructure DesignerVIC
- CCIT SAS Visual Analytics DeveloperVIC
- CCProject ManagerNSW
- CCAMI ArchitectWA
- FTICT Sales Account ManagerQLD
- FTTechnical Lead - FrontendNSW
- FTCapacity ManagerACT
- TPBusiness Analyst - Qld Health - Short term contractQLD
- CCTechnical ConsutlantACT
- FTPayroll Systems AnalystQLD
- FTPERMANENT Business AnalystsWA
- CCProgram CoordinatorVIC
- CCTelecommunication Business SpecialistTAS
- CCSAP CRM Functional AnalystSA
- FTFront End .Net Developer. Permanent job . ACT LocationACT
- FTSystem Analyst - IntegrationQLD
- TPAutomation Test AnalystQLD
- FTDatacentre Solution ArchitectVIC
- TPSenior Business AnalystVIC
- FTOracle Database Administrator (DBA)SA
- CCCitrix SpecialistACT
- TPBusiness AnalystNSW
- CCTechnical Business Analyst - Infrastructure - VirtualizationNSW
- FTHR Learning Management ExpertNSW