Many mobile apps request too many permissions and don't explain how they collect users' personal information, a study of 1,211 popular apps by the Global Privacy Enforcement Network has found.
Information Commissioner's Office
Text-message spam is coming under close scrutiny from the U.K.'s data protection authority, which is trying to blunt an increasing wave of insurance industry and accident compensation-related spam.
A council that used encrypted memory sticks has been handed a reprimand from the Information Commissioner's Office (ICO) after an employee's struggle to use the technology resulted in data being lost on an unsecured replacement drive.
The number of data breaches reported to the Information Commissioner's Office (ICO) has reached 1,007 as of today.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Microsoft Surface Pro 3 Windows 8.1 tablet
- 2 Samsung Galaxy Tab S (10.5) 4G review
- 3 TomTom Runner Cardio GPS watch
- 4 LG G3 review
- 5 Nokia Lumia 930 review
Best Deals on GoodGearGuide
Latest News Articles
- Right-to-be-forgotten 'dashboard' to help EU's data protection authorities
- Red Hat acquires FeedHenry to get mobile app chops
- BitTorrent opens Bleep peer-to-peer encrypted chat program to public testing
- Orange offers 'smart app' dev tool and global M2M location service
- French crime database breaches privacy rights, EU court rules
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.