As concern grows about data collection by mobile apps, Apple and companies involved with its new ResearchKit software development framework for medical studies say users of the first five apps have nothing to worry about.
Adobe's Marketing Cloud has offered enterprises a tool for integrated online marketing and Web analytics for several years already, but on Tuesday the company announced numerous new extensions to the technology.
Apple thinks its new software framework can solve some of the biggest challenges facing medical researchers, including recruiting people for studies and collecting health data more frequently.
The development of self-driving cars could spur advancements in robotics and cause other ripple effects, potentially benefitting society in a variety of ways.
Volvo has developed a system that provides real-time warnings to drivers of black ice or disabled vehicles on the road ahead.
Truly autonomous cars won't exist for at least 10 years, but earlier models starting next year will do some of the driving for you.
It was just about two weeks ago that Box set out to remove a major barrier to the cloud for security-minded organizations with its Encryption Key Management capability. Now, it's taken that focus a step further with a full-fledged cloud storage servi...
A complex network of sensors, lasers and a cloud-based positioning system are part of a plan from Volvo Cars to have 100 self-driving cars on the road by 2017.
Apple is in talks with iPhone screen maker Japan Display that could result in the construction of a new screen factory in Japan, Japanese media reported Friday.
With a free Chip & PIN card reader, Swedish mobile payments company iZettle is lowering the threshold for small companies to start accepting card payments.
Apple's automotive ambitions may extend beyond CarPlay, its vehicle dashboard software.
Cheaper air travel is making the world seem smaller -- and that's increasingly the case for the online booking market too, with Expedia planning to swallow up rival Orbitz Worldwide barely a month after buying the smaller Travelocity.
It is safe to test and eventually mass produce driverless cars for UK roads, a major review into the technology's feasibility concluded this morning.
Uber Technologies has started a pilot across Indian cities of new safety features for its ride-hailing app, but the new measures may cut no ice with regulators in Delhi where the service was banned.
Medical device maker DexCom is developing an Apple Watch app that will allow diabetics to monitor their blood-sugar levels a bit more discreetly.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 2 Mazda MX-5 (2016) review: Absolute driving purity
- 3 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 4 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- nbn on track to meet its financial year plan: Bill Morrow
- Roving Rachel's best crowd-funded travel products that are online right now
- Foxtel, Village and ISPs yet to agree on the cost of blocking pirate sites
- Why Microsoft won't extend the Windows 10 free upgrade offer
- Samsung's Raspberry Pi-like Artik 10 priced higher at $149.99
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCSenior Java Analyst / AdministratorACT
- CCJava Developer (front end)WA
- CCEnvironment AnalystVIC
- CCSAP BASIS ConsultantVIC
- CCSolution Architect - JULY STARTACT
- FTDesktop SupportNSW
- CCNV1 | System admin with SQL server experience for Defence Application SupportACT
- CCSenior Business AnalystNSW
- FTSenior DBA / Team LeadVIC
- FTDigital Account Manager - Online MediaNSW
- CCFront End DeveloperVIC
- CCJava Developer- 12 month contractNSW
- CCFull Stack Developers - JavaNSW
- FTDeveloper - OSB/BPELNSW
- CCWeb AdministratorACT
- CCMid Range Developer (Senior .NET Developer)QLD
- CCCommunications OfficeACT
- CCAEM DeveloperVIC
- CCProgram Technical Director- Migration to SAP HR PayrollNSW
- CCProject Support CoordinatorQLD
- FTTechnical/Team Lead - .NetNSW
- CCSolution ArchitectVIC
- CCITIL Environment, Configuration, Release Manager- Banking/GovtNSW
- CCContract Analyst/Programmer II (Drupal 7.39/PHP) 160427/CAP/vccAsia
- CCWeb Content Developer- Angular, PHP, interface backgroundNSW