Nuna 7, a futuristic single-seater car capable of speeds in excess of 100 kilometers per hour, is on the verge of winning the World Solar Challenge, a biennial cross-Australia endurance race for solar-powered vehicles.
A solar-powered car carrying four people hit speeds of 120 kilometers per hour (75 miles per hour) as it raced across the Australian desert in this year's World Solar Challenge.
A team from Holland's Delft University is leading the world's toughest solar car race at the end of its second day.
Toyota added a new concept electric vehicle to its Hamo car sharing project, which lets users rent electric cars by the minute.
A South Korean company has developed a smartphone and camera combo that it claims brings to any car some driving safety features typically found in only high-end automobiles.
It might not be immediately obvious, but with every solar panel installed comes a simple but essential piece of maintenance: regular cleaning.
Pioneer updated its line of HUDs (heads-up displays), and it hopes the in-car gadgets will help keep drivers' eyes on the road instead of on a GPS device or other electronics.
When you sit in the car of the future, you won't need to worry about keys or adjusting your seat and you'll even get a quick health check when you sit in the driver's seat.
Putting a futuristic spin on the basic elements of a health check-up, Japan's Sharp has developed a sort of healthcare pod that allows people to look cool while their vital signs are measured.
Japan's Mitsubishi Electric has developed a prototype projector that could give car interior designers a lot more freedom in the way they model the dashboards of cars.
The U.S. Food and Drug Administration intends to regulate only mobile apps that are medical devices and could pose a risk to a patient's safety if they do not function as intended.
Less than three weeks before a massive U.S. government health information database is scheduled to go live, some lawmakers have significant concerns about the ability of the system to protect personal health records and other private information.
Workday is hoping to give rival Oracle and other ERP (enterprise resource planning) vendors fits with an upcoming product aimed at institutions of higher education.
As the trend famously codified by Intel co-founder Gordon Moore -- that the number of transistors on an integrated circuit would double every two years -- seems to be flagging, one top engineer suggests that it is time to rethink chip design to buy p...
Qualcomm has agreed to sell its Omnitracs fleet management subsidiary, one of its first businesses and one of the earliest vehicle information networks, to a private equity company for US$800 million in cash.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Subaru XV 2017 review
- 2 Samsung 2017 QLED Q7 TV: Full, in-depth review
- 3 Kogan Atlas UltraSlim Pro laptop: full, in-depth review
- 4 Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming 5 AMD Ryzen AM4 motherboard review
- 5 Kogan curved 4K UHD 55-inch LED LCD TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- How to delete and disable location history in the Windows 10 Creators Update
- Staples is selling a color laser printer for $75
- Optane Memory review: Why you may want Intel's futuristic cache in your PC
- Microsoft offers Gmail users some key Outlook features, but only via Windows 10
- What's wrong with Microsoft To-Do: 8 things lacking in Wunderlist's replacement
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTSenior Wintel EngineerNSW
- FTSenior IT Domain SpecialistVIC
- FTSenior Sales Operations AnalystNSW
- FTSecurity Architect - Perth BasedQLD
- FTFull Stack DeveloperNSW
- FTWintel EngineerNSW
- FTChief Architect - Public SectorACT
- FTPERMANENT Business AnalystsQLD
- FTICT Program Manager- Transformation - Gov backgroundNSW
- FTSenior Finance Business Analyst, Superannuation, WealthNSW
- CCOracle CCB DesignerVIC
- FTSCRUM Master / Project Manager, CX, Financial ServicesNSW
- FTJava Team LeadVIC
- FTProject Administrator - Telecommunications InfrastructureNSW
- FTProduct Manager - IoTNSW
- FTTechnical Architect - Network /InfrastructureQLD
- TPProgram Manager - 12 month contractQLD
- CCIT SAS Visual Analytics DeveloperVIC
- TPBI AnalystQLD
- CCAutomation DeveloperNSW
- FTPERMANENT Business AnalystsWA
- FTMarket Data Analyst, Investment BankingNSW
- FTSenior / Lead iOS DeveloperNSW
- FTSenior Capacity Planner | Contract through till DecemberVIC
- FTFront End Web DeveloperACT