Taiwan's Industrial Technology Research Institute (ITRI), one of the world's largest R&D organizations, has developed e-paper technology which it expects to be used mainly as easily updated signage and posters in shops and other public areas.
Officials in Taiwan said on Wednesday they would work with the island's hardware-intensive IT sector over the next three years to design new ways for users to interact with PCs, e-readers and digital television.
A government-funded research institute in Taiwan have kicked off a three-year effort to develop cheaper, longer-lasting LED backlights in mobile phones, notebook PCs and television sets, a project manager said on Friday.
Major handset makers meeting on Friday in Taipei gave their nod to a final version of the world's first advanced LTE mobile data standard, which will raise transfer speeds to 1Gbps.
The world's top handset makers are meeting this week to finalize a version of an advanced mobile communication standard that would raise data transfer speeds to 1Gbps, an event organizer said on Monday.
A faster, more secure and energy-efficient update to the WiMax wireless Internet standard will get final approval and see commercialization within a year, industry officials said on Monday.
BitTorrent will work with a Taiwanese research institute to develop a certification scheme for local consumer electronics makers who want to put its filesharing applications in their products, a world first for the popular high-speed file-sharing pro...
Flexible screens as thin as a piece of paper may be available for e-readers by early next year thanks to a project from Taiwan's Industrial Technology Research Institute (ITRI) and licensee AU Optronics, one of the world's largest LCD screen makers.
Taiwan's Industrial Technology Research Institute (ITRI) showed off a number of flexible display screen technologies in Taipei on Thursday as part of a show promoting e-readers and e-paper.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 2 Mazda MX-5 (2016) review: Absolute driving purity
- 3 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 4 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Facebook Messenger testing Snapchat-style disappearing messages for iOS
- Disney files patent for near instantaneous 3D printing
- Galaxy Note 6 rumors hint at IR autofocus, USB-C connectivity, new Snapdragon SoC
- Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare goes full sci-fi with space-based gunfights
- LG shows off a smartphone display panel with integrated fingerprint reader
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTSenior Network Engineer | National Systems Integrator & MSP | CBD locationNSW
- FTDigital Sales Manager - Online MediaNSW
- CCSQL DeveloperVIC
- FTInfrastructure Project ManagerACT
- FTData AnalystNSW
- CCSolution ArchitectQLD
- FTTrading System QAAsia
- CCAEM DeveloperVIC
- CCAnalyst Programmer (Lotus Notes/Networking) 160504/AP/781Asia
- FTPMO AnalystNSW
- CCSolution Architect / Data ArchitectNSW
- CCSenior Front End / UI Developer (React.js / LESS / SASS)NSW
- CCBusiness Project ManagerAsia
- CCSenior Agile Business AnalystVIC
- CCSr. Project Manager - Six SigmaVIC
- CCOnline Shop Operations Consultant (eCommerce)VIC
- CCL3 - Network Design and Support EngineerNSW
- CCSenior Financial Crime AnalystVIC
- FTTechnical Business Analyst - BINSW
- CCSenior UX/UI DesignerNSW
- FTTechnical Writer - Trading SystemsNSW
- CCNetwork DesignerVIC
- CCAzure DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior Project ManagerNSW
- FTBusiness Intelligence ConsultantSA