The emerging 802.11ac standard, which is aimed at gigabit-speed wireless LANs, will be quickly adopted over the next four years but will still be dwarfed by the current 802.11n technology, research company In-Stat said in a new report.
Thanks to Apple's App Store, Google's Android Market and a number of smaller online stores, the explosive growth of mobile application downloads continues.
Cloud storage services don't represent the death knell for small and medium-sized business (SMB) network-attached storage (NAS), which is expected to grow to more than $2 billion in 2015.
The price of smartphone materials dropped by 13 per cent last year compared to 2009, according to In-Stat, as volumes of low-cost smartphones increased amid surging popularity.
In 2008, the number of commercial aircraft that offered in-flight Wi-Fi service totaled just 25, according to market researcher In-Stat. By the end of 2010, however, In-Stat predicts that number should reach 2,000 planes.
The recession in 2009 led to a small reduction in Bluetooth devices shipped globally, but upcoming low-energy Bluetooth devices will trigger renewed growth in those short-distance wireless devices, especially for phones and industrial and medical gea...
After trying to push its way into the increasingly lucrative consumer electronics market for the last few years, Intel hopes that adding a security offering will be just what the market needs.
New pico projectors are making their entrance at the Consumer Electronics Show this week, offering a better image quality that manufacturers hope will let them break into the mainstream.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Subaru XV 2017 review
- 2 Samsung 2017 QLED Q7 TV: Full, in-depth review
- 3 Kogan Atlas UltraSlim Pro laptop: full, in-depth review
- 4 Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming 5 AMD Ryzen AM4 motherboard review
- 5 Kogan curved 4K UHD 55-inch LED LCD TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Dell XPS 15 vs. MacBook Pro 15: Fight!
- The SteelSeries Qck Prism is the first dual-sided RGB mousepad
- Nvidia's offering three free VR games if you buy a GTX 10 Series card and an Oculus Rift + Touch
- Call of Duty: WWII returns the series to Normandy and Germany on November 3
- Don't install the Windows 10 Creators Update on your own, Microsoft advises
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- CCTechnical Consutlant - Entry Level - HPSMQLD
- FTSenior Systems Engineer x 2NSW
- CCTechnical Consutlant - Entry Level - HPSMSA
- FTPERMANENT Business AnalystsWA
- FTJava Team LeadVIC
- FTTest AnalystACT
- FTVDI EngineerACT
- FTBusiness AnalystSA
- FTSenior IT Domain SpecialistVIC
- FTHelpdesk AnalystNSW
- FTWeb Developer | Parramatta | Initial 6 month contractNSW
- FTSenior UX/UI DesignerNSW
- CCMaster Data Analyst - SAPNSW
- TPAV Design SpecialistNSW
- CCSAP CRM Functional AnalystQLD
- FTAudio Visual / Video Solution Architect | $100 p/hrVIC
- TPProject Reporting DeveloperSA
- TPSenior Project Manager | DETQLD
- FTSalesforce Business AnalystNSW
- CCProject Scheduler/CoordinatorVIC
- FTSecurity Architect - Perth BasedQLD
- FTSenior Network EngineerACT
- TPWeb DeveloperNSW
- TPEnterprise ArchitectQLD
- TPSOE EngineerACT