The emerging 802.11ac standard, which is aimed at gigabit-speed wireless LANs, will be quickly adopted over the next four years but will still be dwarfed by the current 802.11n technology, research company In-Stat said in a new report.
Thanks to Apple's App Store, Google's Android Market and a number of smaller online stores, the explosive growth of mobile application downloads continues.
Cloud storage services don't represent the death knell for small and medium-sized business (SMB) network-attached storage (NAS), which is expected to grow to more than $2 billion in 2015.
The price of smartphone materials dropped by 13 per cent last year compared to 2009, according to In-Stat, as volumes of low-cost smartphones increased amid surging popularity.
In 2008, the number of commercial aircraft that offered in-flight Wi-Fi service totaled just 25, according to market researcher In-Stat. By the end of 2010, however, In-Stat predicts that number should reach 2,000 planes.
The recession in 2009 led to a small reduction in Bluetooth devices shipped globally, but upcoming low-energy Bluetooth devices will trigger renewed growth in those short-distance wireless devices, especially for phones and industrial and medical gea...
After trying to push its way into the increasingly lucrative consumer electronics market for the last few years, Intel hopes that adding a security offering will be just what the market needs.
New pico projectors are making their entrance at the Consumer Electronics Show this week, offering a better image quality that manufacturers hope will let them break into the mainstream.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost review
- 2 Synology DS216+ Review
- 3 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 4 Tech21 Evo Xplorer iPhone case review
- 5 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Linksys Max-Stream AC1900+ WiFi Range Extender RE7000 review
- Sony reveals DualShock 4 wireless adapter for PCs
- Exclusive no more: Sony's PlayStation Now is bringing hundreds of PS3 games to PCs
- AMD sweetens its 6- and 8-core FX chips with free Deus Ex: Mankind Divided
- Twitter rolls out night mode in its iOS app
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCSenior Server and Storage Support EngineerNSW
- CCBusiness Intelligence Business AnalystSA
- FTSAP Ariba Consultant/ManagerVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/SQL) 160824/AP/531Asia
- CCInfrastructure Designer - AWSNSW
- CCIBM ODM Expert (Operation Decision Manager)ACT
- CCSenior Project Manager - TelecommunicationVIC
- FTMicrosoft Solution ArchitectACT
- CCContract Senior Systems Analyst (C++/JBoss) 160819/SSA/892Asia
- CCHead of Enterprise Organisational Change- GovernanceNSW
- CCSenior Java DeveloperVIC
- CCETL DeveloperACT
- CCSenior Solution ArchitectACT
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (Crystal Report/JAVA) 160816/AP/vhsAsia
- FTProject ManagerNSW
- CCService Desk AnalystNSW
- FTDefence Network EngineerACT
- FTUnix Systems AdministratorNSW
- CCData/ Business AnalystVIC
- FTSenior Front End Developer (UX/UI)SA
- CCSenior Process Analyst - WealthVIC
- CCUNIX/ LINUX SERVER ENGINEERVIC
- FTDefence Network EngineerACT
- CCStorage / Server EngineerNSW
- CCSenior IT Project SpecialistVIC