With Android and iOS dominating the tablet market, Mozilla's Firefox OS hasn't had much of a look in. It's now getting a bit of help from ARM rival Imagination Technologies, which has ported a version of Firefox to a prototype tablet based on its MIP...
Hobbyists are getting a lot of love, with big companies like Microsoft, Intel and IBM releasing circuit board computers to conceptualize and prototype products. Imagination is now entering the fray with its $US65 Creator CI20 computer, which has wire...
A Chinese company wants enthusiasts to make and test their own wearable devices with a computer smaller than an SD card announced Wednesday.
Graphics is not yet a major consideration in wearables, but Imagination hopes to change that as part of a plan to put its new PowerVR graphics technology in a wide range of computing devices.
Imagination Technologies hopes to catch up with ARM and Intel in the mobile space with its first MIPS 64-bit processor core design, which could be in tablets and smartphones by 2016.
The expected boom in demand for small, often isolated devices in the Internet of Things is driving developers to craft new types of components.
A collaborative, nonprofit foundation has been started by a group of technology companies to boost the adoption of the MIPS processor architecture.
A Chinese company has released a computer about the size of an SD card that can run a full version of Android and should make it easier to build wearable devices.
More vivid games with better shadows, lights and reflection could come to iPhones in the near future as new mobile graphics technology announced by Imagination Technologies hits the market.
Apple will continue relying on chip designer Imagination Technologies for multimedia rendering technologies in iPhones and iPads.
Imagination Technologies, which designs graphics chips used in the iPhone and other top mobile products, is promising "console quality graphics" with an updated GPU lineup announced on Monday.
Imagination Technologies will deliver its first Warrior CPU core to device makers by the end of the year, beginning a campaign to make the MIPS architecture a more potent rival to ARM and x86.
Imagination Technologies, the UK company that designs the graphics chips for the iPhone and iPad, will release a new CPU design next year for low-power servers, the company's CEO said this week.
Graphics processors with 3D transistors could come to smartphones and tablets through a technology collaboration between Imagination Technologies and contract chip maker TSMC (Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing Co.).
Imagination Technologies is moving forward with the development of the MIPS CPU architecture, trying to dispel concerns about the processor's future after acquiring struggling MIPS Technologies late last year for a heavily discounted price.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Evapolar USB air conditioner review
- 2 LED Lenser P7R Professional Torch review
- 3 Aftershokz Wireless Trekz Titanium Bone Conduction Bluetooth Headphones review
- 4 Review: Periscope users rejoice with Feiyu’s G4 Plus 3-Axis Gimbal for Smartphone video
- 5 2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Apple Maps tunnel navigation can be dangerous
- Akitio Thunder3 PCIe SSD review: Blazingly fast external storage for rich kids
- Xbox One S controller review: New features and custom colors make for a great successor
- Why you want Google's Allo
- This week in games: Blizzard ditches Battle.net, Gears of War 4 adds PC split-screen
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCTest Manager (HP Quality Centre / Kronos)NSW
- CCSenior Change ManagerVIC
- FTOutbound TelesalesVIC
- CCSenior .NET DeveloperVIC
- CCSolutions ArchitectACT
- CCFull Stack Application Developer - IoT projectsVIC
- FTSenior Front End DeveloperNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst - Telecom ProjectNSW
- CCBI Reporting AnalystACT
- CCBusiness AnalystQLD
- FTJava DeveloperNSW
- FTLinux Systems AdministratorNZ
- CCJava / J2ee ProgrammersACT
- CCData Analyst | Data Feeds | Catalogue and MapNSW
- CCSolution ArchitectQLD
- FTOutbound TelesalesVIC
- CCPMO AnalystNSW
- FTBackup ConsultantWA
- CCiOS DeveloperNSW
- CCVideo Conference Support Officer- VoIP, LAN, WAN, RemedyNSW
- CCContract Junior Programmer (J2EE/SQL) 160927/JP/551Asia
- FTIT Pre-Sales EngineerSA
- FTInfrastructure Solutions ArchitectACT
- CCBusiness ArchitectNSW
- FTCarrier/ Industrial Network ConsultantsWA