With Android and iOS dominating the tablet market, Mozilla's Firefox OS hasn't had much of a look in. It's now getting a bit of help from ARM rival Imagination Technologies, which has ported a version of Firefox to a prototype tablet based on its MIP...
Hobbyists are getting a lot of love, with big companies like Microsoft, Intel and IBM releasing circuit board computers to conceptualize and prototype products. Imagination is now entering the fray with its $US65 Creator CI20 computer, which has wire...
A Chinese company wants enthusiasts to make and test their own wearable devices with a computer smaller than an SD card announced Wednesday.
Graphics is not yet a major consideration in wearables, but Imagination hopes to change that as part of a plan to put its new PowerVR graphics technology in a wide range of computing devices.
Imagination Technologies hopes to catch up with ARM and Intel in the mobile space with its first MIPS 64-bit processor core design, which could be in tablets and smartphones by 2016.
The expected boom in demand for small, often isolated devices in the Internet of Things is driving developers to craft new types of components.
A collaborative, nonprofit foundation has been started by a group of technology companies to boost the adoption of the MIPS processor architecture.
A Chinese company has released a computer about the size of an SD card that can run a full version of Android and should make it easier to build wearable devices.
More vivid games with better shadows, lights and reflection could come to iPhones in the near future as new mobile graphics technology announced by Imagination Technologies hits the market.
Apple will continue relying on chip designer Imagination Technologies for multimedia rendering technologies in iPhones and iPads.
Imagination Technologies, which designs graphics chips used in the iPhone and other top mobile products, is promising "console quality graphics" with an updated GPU lineup announced on Monday.
Imagination Technologies will deliver its first Warrior CPU core to device makers by the end of the year, beginning a campaign to make the MIPS architecture a more potent rival to ARM and x86.
Imagination Technologies, the UK company that designs the graphics chips for the iPhone and iPad, will release a new CPU design next year for low-power servers, the company's CEO said this week.
Graphics processors with 3D transistors could come to smartphones and tablets through a technology collaboration between Imagination Technologies and contract chip maker TSMC (Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing Co.).
Imagination Technologies is moving forward with the development of the MIPS CPU architecture, trying to dispel concerns about the processor's future after acquiring struggling MIPS Technologies late last year for a heavily discounted price.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 Mazda MX-5 (2016) review: Absolute driving purity
- 3 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 4 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Google will stop accepting new Flash ads on June 30
- Samsung hopes Raspberry Pi can spread Tizen OS adoption
- 5G dreams in Barcelona: Cars, robots and VR games
- VMware gives enterprises a BYOD boost with three new tools
- Google adds warning to unencrypted emails
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTDigital Marketing Specialist | Media BuyerNSW
- CCSolution Design EngineerACT
- CCWintel Support EngineerNSW
- CCSenior Product Specialist - Cisco CPENSW
- CCIT Service Improvement SpecialistNSW
- CCService EngineerVIC
- CCInformation Security ManagerNSW
- CCContracts ManagerNSW
- CCContract Programmer (Crystal Reports/JAVA/SQL) 160129/P/vhs-cAsia
- FTSystems Administrator/Engineer | Projects & BAU | Coastal Newcastle NSWWA
- CCSenior Business Analyst - NPPVIC
- FTPrograme ManagerNSW
- FTProject Manager | SharePoint, Office 365 SkillsVIC
- CCTechnical Lead - .NET TechnologiesNSW
- CCTechnical Lead - .NET TechnologiesACT
- FTAnalyst: Business Intelligence & AnalyticsVIC
- FTNetwork EngineerNSW
- FTBusiness Intelligence AnalystVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (SQL/Oracle/.Net) 160129/AP/vhs-bAsia
- CCHybris Developer - Global ConsultancyNSW
- CCTest ManagerQLD
- CCiOS DeveloperNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/Crystal Report) 160115/AP/vhsAsia
- CCDesktop Support L1, 2 & 3NSW