Wireless hotspots that can deliver hundreds of megabits per second in real-world bandwidth will become more common as operators increase their investments in Wi-Fi networks.
With new DDR4 memory, computers will be faster next year but users will likely pay a premium on the price of the technology.
Shipments of solid-state drives (SSDs) rocketed in this year's first quarter and the technology is now becoming the storage of choice in thin and light laptops.
Samsung has built several different Galaxy S4 smartphones, including a U.S. version running a Snapdragon processor that requires an extra image processor to enable heavily promoted user functions such as eye-movement recognition.
China took the title of world's largest market for PCs in 2012, and a survey by IHS iSuppli revealed that computer buyers in the country had unique preferences compared to counterparts worldwide.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 2 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 3 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 4 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
- 5 Microsoft Lumia 640 review: Honouring Nokia's legacy
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Seagate 8TB NAS drive: Review
- Seagate ST1000LX001 review
- Report: Microsoft could debut Xbox One game streaming stick and 'Xbox TV' at E3
- This sticker can wirelessly charge your smartphone or tablet
- Microsoft breaks own design rules in dupe-the-user Windows 10 upgrade tactic
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCEnd to End Project Manager - PMO and GovernanceVIC
- CC12 months + 2x12 months | $80/hr | NV1 Project Manager | Large govt departmentACT
- FTNV2 Defence Project Manager | Major exciting White Paper projectsACT
- CCSenior Business Analyst, Contributions TaxNSW
- CCSkilled Sitecore / .NET DeveloperNSW
- FTHadoop Operation EngineerNSW
- CCSenior Programmer (Data Engineering)NSW
- CCProject SpecialistVIC
- CCTechnical PM - Magento E-Commerce SolutionNSW
- CCMS Dynamics CRM ConsultantVIC
- CCSenior IT Security Specialist-SANS, ISC2, ISACA, ITILNSW
- CCMicrosoft System Engineer - NV1ACT
- CCBig Data DeveloperWA
- FTSenior Developer (Full stack)SA
- FTCloud ArchitectAsia
- CCSenior Process AnalystVIC
- CCContract Programmer (MS SQL Server/SQL/Web) 160518/P/626Asia
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- CCTechnology Team Lead / Senior Developer - JavaNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/SQL/Web) 160519/AP/453Asia
- CCBI/Information/Data/Solution ArchitectNSW
- CCNetwork Access Specialist - Telecommunications (Apply now)!!NSW
- CCChange Manager- Success Factors/HCMNSW
- CCSr Service ManagementACT
- CCPHP / Magento E-Commerce DeveloperNSW