It's been a big week for smartwatches and the next few days could be even bigger if rumors are true and Apple enters the battle for the wrist on Tuesday.
Smartphones introduced at the IFA trade show in Berlin this week highlight trends that will grow more apparent over the next year, including the use of 64-bit processors, LTE-Advanced and super high-resolution screens.
Wireless charging will reach PCs next year, and laptops will be able to recharge when placed on tables, pads or surfaces supporting power delivery, according to an Intel executive
When you're competing for the attention of almost a quarter of a million visitors, it helps to have a gimmick or two. The big names of the consumer electronics industry know this and each year at Germany's IFA electronics show, they try to outdo each...
Intel's new Core M chips -- which bring PC-like performance to paper-thin tablets -- will initially be in many Windows 8.1 tablets, but no Android devices are yet on the radar.
Plastic is out and metal, leather and wood are in as smartphone vendors hope luxurious-looking devices will inspire buyers to upgrade.
The latest prototype of Sony's SmartEyeglasses, a head-mounted display used with a smartphone, is on show at this week's IFA electronics show in Berlin.
Motorola Mobility starts shipping its Android Wear-based Moto 360 smartwatch on Friday for US$250.
Motorola Mobility has upgraded its flagship Moto X smartphone with a metal frame, a more powerful processor and a bigger screen -- so users who liked the size of the original are out of luck.
Motorola Mobility has upgraded the Moto G with a bigger screen and a better camera in an effort to build on the success of the original.
Dell will ship its first desktops with Google's Chrome operating system this month.
It's been a long wait for mainstream PCs that use Intel Core processors based on the Broadwell architecture, but Dell has listed laptops that could ship with the unreleased chips early next year.
Dell is packing new technologies like Intel's Core M chip in its Latitude 13 7000 tablet/laptop hybrid, which the company believes is a better laptop replacement than other products like Microsoft's Surface Pro 3.
An executive from LG Electronics has been questioned by German police for allegedly vandalizing the doors of Samsung Electronics washing machines at a store in Berlin, according to South Korea's Yonhap news agency.
Huawei Technologies is hoping to steal market share from Samsung's Galaxy Note family with the Ascend Mate7, which has a metal body, 6-inch full HD screen and a battery that has almost 30 percent more capacity than what the Note 4 offers.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 HTC One (M9) review: The weakest One in the trilogy
- 2 Google Nexus 9 review: The best of Google and HTC
- 3 Subaru WRX Premium CVT review: A wolf in sheep’s clothing
- 4 Oppo R5 review: Among the most innovative of smartphones
- 5 Apple Mac Mini review: A Macintosh that's easy on the wallet
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on GoodGearGuide
Latest News Articles
- Acer to bring Chrome OS to an all-in-one PC, as vendors experiment
- Samsung Galaxy S6, S6 Edge pricing: Vodafone vs Optus vs Telstra vs Virgin
- Smaller, lower-priced Microsoft Surface 3 tablet coming in May
- In a haystack of data, Alation helps find the needle
- Apigee aims to unify IoT with APIs
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTDigital Ad Operations ManagerQLD
- FTDigital Ad Operations ManagerNSW
- FT.Net Solution ArchitectNSW
- FTMedia Sales Executive - Client Side!!NSW
- CCDBA (Oracle/SQL)NSW
- CCSenior Release EngineerNSW
- CCInformation ArchitectNSW
- FTEmail Campaign Manager - leading fashion group!NSW
- FTAgency Sales Manager - Software Sales - Major Global Tech Company!NSW
- FTDigital Producer - ConsumerNSW
- FTProduct Producer | MobileNSW
- CC.Net Solution ArchitectNSW
- FTMobile Sales managerNSW
- FTCRM Campaign ManagerNSW
- FTDigital Communications Specialist | Internet Services| BrisbaneNSW
- FTDigital Producer - Mobile AppsNSW
- FTApplication Support SpecialistNSW
- FTSenior SQL DBANSW
- CCMobile iOS DeveloperNSW
- FTMarketing Executive | MusicNSW
- CCMobile Designer / Developer - IOSNSW
- CCSenior Systems EngineerNSW
- CCMobile Designer / Developer - IOSNSW