Microsoft and third-party security experts warned that users could be subjected to drive-by downloads because of flaws in Windows and Internet Explorer that received fixes on Patch Tuesday this week.
Internet Explorer (IE) gained browser usage share last month in the U.S., while major rivals Firefox and Chrome both lost ground, Microsoft said today, citing data from Web analytics firm Net Applications.
Google has announced that Google Docs will drop support for Microsoft's nearly nine-year-old Internet Explorer 6 (IE6) browser starting on March 1.
Last month, Microsoft Corp.'s Internet Explorer posted its largest market share loss since November 2008, while Firefox reaped nearly all the benefit, Web metrics company Net Applications said today.
Microsoft sympathizes with people pushing what it calls the "Die IE6, Die" campaign, but argued today that it simply can't put a stake in the old browser's heart.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost review
- 2 Synology DS216+ Review
- 3 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 4 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 5 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- IDG Pokémon Go bible
- The best Pokémon Go map grabs data directly from the Pokémon Go servers
- Apple reports second straight quarter of declining iPhone sales
- NTSB: Tesla in fatal crash was speeding with Autopilot on
- Office 365 gets new Word, PowerPoint and Outlook features
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTSocial Media AssistantQLD
- CCDevOps EngineerVIC
- CCSolution DesignerNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (Java/SQL) 160721/AP/624Asia
- CCHigh Severity Incident ManagerVIC
- FTService Desk ManagerNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst / BillingNSW
- FTProgram Master SchedulerVIC
- CCMiddleware ConsultantVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (J2EE) 160721/AP/075Asia
- FTCisco IP Telephony EngineerNSW
- FTSAP Team LeadVIC
- CCCRM DeveloperACT
- CCHelpdesk OfficersNSW
- CCSenior Business Systems AnalystVIC
- CCSAP MM / Ariba Functional ConsultantNSW
- FTCitrix SpecialistACT
- FTSAP Basis ConsultantVIC
- CCSenior Project OfficerACT
- CCCRM DeveloperACT
- CCSAP BODS ConsultantNSW
- CCSolutions ArchitectQLD
- CCSenior Contracts Officer/Procurement -Governmen BckgrndNSW
- CCApplication Tester - Windows 10 ProjectWA
- CCSenior Process Analyst - Sydney CBDNSW