Microsoft and third-party security experts warned that users could be subjected to drive-by downloads because of flaws in Windows and Internet Explorer that received fixes on Patch Tuesday this week.
Internet Explorer (IE) gained browser usage share last month in the U.S., while major rivals Firefox and Chrome both lost ground, Microsoft said today, citing data from Web analytics firm Net Applications.
Google has announced that Google Docs will drop support for Microsoft's nearly nine-year-old Internet Explorer 6 (IE6) browser starting on March 1.
Last month, Microsoft Corp.'s Internet Explorer posted its largest market share loss since November 2008, while Firefox reaped nearly all the benefit, Web metrics company Net Applications said today.
Microsoft sympathizes with people pushing what it calls the "Die IE6, Die" campaign, but argued today that it simply can't put a stake in the old browser's heart.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 Mazda MX-5 (2016) review: Absolute driving purity
- 3 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 4 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Critical VPN key exchange flaw exposes Cisco security appliances to remote hacking
- Qualcomm bringing LTE connectivity to wearables with new Wear platform
- Qualcomm's new chips target low-cost smartphones with premium features
- Facebook withdraws Free Basics from India after regulatory debacle
- Twitter offers new timeline feature
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTDigital Marketing Specialist | Media BuyerNSW
- FTBusiness Intelligence AnalystVIC
- CCBusiness AnalystACT
- CCSAP Basis Admin with JavaACT
- CCSenior Business Analyst, Enterprise Software SolutionNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst - Scrum/Pega SystemsNSW
- FTTechnical WriterNSW
- FTSenior Consultant | Project work | National Systems IntegratorNSW
- CCEXCEL Guru / Data AdministratorNSW
- CCSenior Agile Business Analyst - Online/Mobile experienceNSW
- FTLevel 2 IT Support TechnicianVIC
- CCAndroid and iOS DevelopersVIC
- CCService ModellerNSW
- FTTechnical Lead (C#/.Net)NSW
- CCSolution Design EngineerACT
- FTTest Analyst, Finance Software SolutionsNSW
- CCIT Security EngineerNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst - CanberraNSW
- CCContract System Analyst (SQL/.net) 160205/SA/561Asia
- CCSystem AdminVIC
- CCMVC .Net Developer- Hurstville NSW 2220NSW
- CCService EngineerVIC
- CCOracle Business Analyst / TrainerSA