Microsoft and third-party security experts warned that users could be subjected to drive-by downloads because of flaws in Windows and Internet Explorer that received fixes on Patch Tuesday this week.
Internet Explorer (IE) gained browser usage share last month in the U.S., while major rivals Firefox and Chrome both lost ground, Microsoft said today, citing data from Web analytics firm Net Applications.
Google has announced that Google Docs will drop support for Microsoft's nearly nine-year-old Internet Explorer 6 (IE6) browser starting on March 1.
Last month, Microsoft Corp.'s Internet Explorer posted its largest market share loss since November 2008, while Firefox reaped nearly all the benefit, Web metrics company Net Applications said today.
Microsoft sympathizes with people pushing what it calls the "Die IE6, Die" campaign, but argued today that it simply can't put a stake in the old browser's heart.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 2 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 3 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 4 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
- 5 Microsoft Lumia 640 review: Honouring Nokia's legacy
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Seagate 8TB NAS drive: Review
- Seagate ST1000LX001 review
- Report: Microsoft could debut Xbox One game streaming stick and 'Xbox TV' at E3
- This sticker can wirelessly charge your smartphone or tablet
- Microsoft breaks own design rules in dupe-the-user Windows 10 upgrade tactic
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCProject CoordinatorACT
- CCSenior Systems AnalystSA
- FTSenior Full-Stack .NET DeveloperVIC
- CCICT Contracts and Procurement SpecialistACT
- CCIT Security Consultant -NSW
- CCDevOps Software Configuration ManagerACT
- FTProduction ConsultantVIC
- FTIT Support - Level 1NSW
- FTApplication Support EngineerVIC
- CCIT Technical WriterACT
- CCProject Manager - Healthcare DomainSA
- FTSenior Java Developer / Technical LeadACT
- CCInfrastructure Business AnalystNSW
- FTManaging Security ConsultantQLD
- CCOracle Application Administrator - July startACT
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/SQL) 160606/AP/251Asia
- CCTechnical Solutions Specialist - Software Developer (Client facing)NSW
- CCSystems Engineer - Wintel, VMWare and CitrixNSW
- CCIteration Manager/Agile Project ManagerNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst, AdviceNSW
- CCIT Environment and Deployment SpecialistQLD
- CCProject ManagerACT
- CCDigital Content ProducerVIC
- FTCloud ArchitectAsia
- CCFront end and Full Stack DevelopersNSW