Microsoft is expanding a program to put Windows in smart devices, robots and Internet-connected appliances, following overwhelming response for developer hardware.
Ahead of competition from ARM servers, Intel is putting more weight in the server space with a new Xeon D family of chips, which will be in systems next year.
Laptops that require no wires for charging, display, data transfers or docking will be available by the end of next year, an Intel executive said Wednesday.
Intel will ship its low-cost Sofia mobile chip to device makers by the end of this year, so smartphones and tablets priced less than $US100 could be on the market early next year.
Forget laptop stickers: Intel's pasted a second screen on a prototype laptop it showed at its annual developer conference.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Subaru XV 2017 review
- 2 Samsung 2017 QLED Q7 TV: Full, in-depth review
- 3 Kogan Atlas UltraSlim Pro laptop: full, in-depth review
- 4 Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming 5 AMD Ryzen AM4 motherboard review
- 5 Kogan curved 4K UHD 55-inch LED LCD TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft cuts off 40 percent of Windows phones with Creators Update shift
- Google will try to combat fake news using search and user feedback
- Wilson's Heart review: Not a perfect virtual reality game, but certainly the best so far
- Best Buy has knocked $50 off the Ring Video Doorbell Pro
- Windows 10 Mobile Creators Update review: The future is increasingly uncertain
PCW Evaluation Team
- Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- CCCRM DeveloperACT
- FTPMO CoordinatorACT
- FTSCRUM Master / Project Manager, CX, Financial ServicesNSW
- FTFirewall EngineerNSW
- FTSales Lead - Healthcare systemsVIC
- CCSystems Administrator - Cloud, Azure and LinuxQLD
- CCNetwork EngineerQLD
- TPBusiness AnalystQLD
- FTNetwork Solution Architect - PresalesNSW
- FTSenior Java DeveloperVIC
- FTSenior Infrastructure Business AnalystVIC
- TPEOI - Developer/Tester/Software EngineerACT
- FTSecurity and Technical Risk ManagerQLD
- CCPersonal AssistantNSW
- FTSenior Project Manager - Content MigrationVIC
- FTAsst. Director - Claim Analysis. Work Location - CanberraACT
- FTVDI EngineerACT
- CCSenior Java Web DeveloperNSW
- FTSenior Wintel EngineerNSW
- CCService Delivery Analyst - Port MacquarieNSW
- CCSoftware Licencing SpecialistNSW
- FTService Desk AnalystNSW
- CCTechnical Consultant - ITSM/HP Service ManagerQLD
- FTPMO - Master SchedulerVIC
- FTInternal Recruitment Coordinator / Talent Acquisitio ConsultantNSW