Buffeted by concerns about the economy and IT spending, tech stocks have gone on a roller coaster ride lately, but on the whole they've managed to hang on to gains they made earlier in the quarter.
A majority of Americans -- about 56% -- now own a smartphone, according to Pew Research Center's latest survey.
Emerging markets and lower prices will push worldwide smartphone shipments close to the billion-unit level this year, according to the latest forecast by IDC.
More smartphones will ship worldwide in 2013 than other so-called mobile 'feature' phones as the average price of smartphones drops, IDC said Tuesday.
All that new data flowing into enterprises can bring along an expensive partner: multiple copies.
Despite dismal forecasts for PCs and servers, tech stocks have been doing well on optimism about cloud technology and mobile devices.
HTC has cancelled plans to develop a larger Windows RT tablet because demand for tablets based on the Microsoft operating system has been weak.
Server revenue worldwide was down 7.7 per cent year-over-year in the first quarter, as weak economic conditions and server consolidation by customers slowed sales, according to research firm IDC.
A strong stock market could open the floodgates for more tech IPOs in the wake of Friday's solid debut of Marketo and Tableau, but not all segments of IT may be able to ride the wave.
Android has remained at the top of the leader board when it comes to smartphones, according to the IDC Worldwide Quarterly Mobile Phone Tracker report.
Microsoft's Windows Phone may be struggling to gain a foothold in the US, but the software giant and Nokia are starting to see results on a global scale: Windows Phone was the third-most popular mobile smartphone operating system worldwide between Ja...
Nvidia will stay on board with making Tegra ARM-based processors for Windows RT tablets despite sluggish early sales of the devices, making the same commitment that Qualcomm has made, an Nvidia executive said
Microsoft may be revealing the second generation of its Surface tablets during its developers' conference next month, according to a printed report.
Windows RT tablets grabbed just 0.4% of the tablet market in the first quarter, a dismal result that led some tech experts to urge Microsoft to scrap the platform that's in its six-month infancy.
Tablet shipments exploded by 142 per cent in the first quarter of 2013 year-over-year as all Android tablets, including low-budget white box versions, dominated the market over Apple iOS tablets, IDC said.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost review
- 2 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 3 Tech21 Evo Xplorer iPhone case review
- 4 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 5 Microsoft Lumia 640 review: Honouring Nokia's legacy
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Linksys AC600 MU-MIMO WiFi review
- Hardcore Hardware: The CyberPower Pro Streaming I300 is made for Twitch stardom
- Only Apple Music subscribers will get to watch Apple's live music fest this year
- Here's how the Xbox One S stacks up to the original
- WiFi review: Does MU-MIMO currently make a difference?
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTChange Management Specialist - IT Service ManagementNSW
- CCITIL- Technical Release CoordinatorNSW
- CCSenior Project Manager, Cyber Security TransformationNSW
- FTProject Administrator (Agile)WA
- CCBackfill Support Engineer (Renewable 12-month Contract)Asia
- FTTest Lead - HP ALMNSW
- CCSr. Project Manager- Infrastructure- Data Centre,VirtualizationNSW
- FTOrchestration Engineer - DevOps - PuppetVIC
- CCDesktop Support Level 1 /2VIC
- CCNetwork Engineer - TelecomVIC
- CCChange Communications ManagerNSW
- CCProject Manager - PCI DSS / IMACSQLD
- CCDesktop Support AnalystNSW
- CCSr Project Manager - BASELINEACT
- CCMessaging Services Systems AdministratorACT
- CCSenior Change Analyst, WealthNSW
- CCProject Resource SpecialistVIC
- CCIT Assistant (Infrastructure/PC LAN Support) 160825/ITA/864Asia
- CCQuality AnalystNSW
- CCData/ Business AnalystVIC
- FTPython Data EngineerWA
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160824/AP/187Asia
- FTBack End Developer - Java, Spring, RESTNSW
- CCData Migration SpecialistSA
- CCContract Systems Analyst (Datacentre Maintenance) 160817/SA/993Asia