The Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers, the long-time coordinator of the internet's Domain Name System, is now independent of U.S. government oversight, at least for now.
Privacy advocates are sounding the alarm over a potential policy change that would prevent some people from registering website addresses without revealing their personal information.
The U.S. House of Representatives has voted to require ICANN, which coordinates the Internet's domain name system, to jump through several hoops before a government agency ends its oversight of the organization.
A U.S. House of Representatives subcommittee has approved a bill that would add new requirements before a government agency ends its oversight of ICANN, the coordinator of the Internet's domain name system.
The ICANN leader who kicked off the Internet organization's move away from U.S. government control will leave his post early, possibly before the transition is finished.
A so-called spearphishing attack on ICANN has compromised the email credentials of several ICANN staff members and allowed the attacker access to user information, including email and postal addresses.
In a landmark ruling that signals a win for the current system of Internet governance, a U.S. court has quashed an attempt to seize Iran's, Syria's and North Korea's domains as part of a lawsuit against those countries' governments.
The Internet domain name for a country doesn't belong to that country -- nor to anyone, according to ICANN.
What level of control governments should exert over the Internet emerged early in ICANN's meeting this week as a primary sticking point, with the representative from France advocating for more state control and the U.K. arguing for less.
ICANN CEO Fadi Chehadé hopes to make progress on the split with the U.S. government and convince critics that the organization is on the right track when it meets in London next week.
As part of ICANN's efforts to become a more global organization it detailed plans on Thursday for its new office in Istanbul.
The Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers (ICANN) has selected three emergency back-end registry operators to guarantee domain names within a new generic top-level domain (gTLD) will resolve in the event of a failure at a new TLD operat...
ICANN's new CEO Fadi Chehadé, who took over in October, is on a mission to help politicians around the world understand the importance of keeping the Internet intact and open, and is also working to bring home the addition of new generic top-level do...
The practice of issuing SSL certificates for internal domain names with unqualified extensions could endanger the privacy and integrity of HTTPS communications for upcoming generic top-level domains (gTLDs), according to a security advisory from the ...
African domain-name registrars responded with mixed reactions to details of ICANN's initiative on the continent, saying that while they should now have increased access to the Internet governance organization, increasing the number of registrars isn'...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Subaru XV 2017 review
- 2 Samsung 2017 QLED Q7 TV: Full, in-depth review
- 3 Kogan Atlas UltraSlim Pro laptop: full, in-depth review
- 4 Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming 5 AMD Ryzen AM4 motherboard review
- 5 Kogan curved 4K UHD 55-inch LED LCD TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft reinstates My People for Windows 10, connecting you to your BFFs
- This overclocked EVGA GTX 1050 Ti costs less than reference models
- This week in games: Forza Horizon 3 gets Hot Wheels, Terry Crews gets a wild Old Spice PC
- Radeon owners rebel when AMD drivers stealth drop Quake Champions links on desktops
- Surface sales sag and Windows Phones fade, as Microsoft's hardware business takes a hit
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- CCJava Developer / System Designer - Aus Citizens OnlyWA
- CCTechnical Business Analyst - Infrastructure - VirtualizationNSW
- FTDevOps EngineerNSW
- FTPERMANENT Business AnalystsNSW
- FTBI BA Consultant l Microstrategy, Business ObjectsNSW
- FTLevel 3 Application Support AnalystVIC
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- FTBusiness AnalystVIC
- CCSenior Linux AdministratorNSW
- TPEnterprise ArchitectQLD
- FTSolution ArchitectNSW
- FTDeveloper / Junior Solution DesignerQLD
- FTHealthcare Application Integration SupportQLD
- FTSolution Architect - Datacentre / StorageQLD
- FTSAP APO ConsultantNSW
- CCIT Information ArchitectNSW
- CCIntegration ArchitectACT
- FTProject Manager- RiskSA
- CCSystems Specialist - Network Systems l Port MacquarieNSW
- TPBusiness AnalystVIC
- FTOracle Database Administrator (DBA)SA
- TPSenior .NET Developer (Angular or React)NSW
- TPBusiness AnalystACT
- CCResource AnalystNSW