A so-called spearphishing attack on ICANN has compromised the email credentials of several ICANN staff members and allowed the attacker access to user information, including email and postal addresses.
In a landmark ruling that signals a win for the current system of Internet governance, a U.S. court has quashed an attempt to seize Iran's, Syria's and North Korea's domains as part of a lawsuit against those countries' governments.
The Internet domain name for a country doesn't belong to that country -- nor to anyone, according to ICANN.
What level of control governments should exert over the Internet emerged early in ICANN's meeting this week as a primary sticking point, with the representative from France advocating for more state control and the U.K. arguing for less.
ICANN CEO Fadi Chehadé hopes to make progress on the split with the U.S. government and convince critics that the organization is on the right track when it meets in London next week.
As part of ICANN's efforts to become a more global organization it detailed plans on Thursday for its new office in Istanbul.
The Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers (ICANN) has selected three emergency back-end registry operators to guarantee domain names within a new generic top-level domain (gTLD) will resolve in the event of a failure at a new TLD operat...
ICANN's new CEO Fadi Chehadé, who took over in October, is on a mission to help politicians around the world understand the importance of keeping the Internet intact and open, and is also working to bring home the addition of new generic top-level do...
The practice of issuing SSL certificates for internal domain names with unqualified extensions could endanger the privacy and integrity of HTTPS communications for upcoming generic top-level domains (gTLDs), according to a security advisory from the ...
African domain-name registrars responded with mixed reactions to details of ICANN's initiative on the continent, saying that while they should now have increased access to the Internet governance organization, increasing the number of registrars isn'...
Work under way to draft new regulations at the World Conference on International Telecommunications (WCIT) in Dubai this week could harm the Internet, warned Internet pioneer and Google executive Vint Cerf.
Governments around the world have lodged complaints about a wide variety of proposals for new top-level Internet domains. Australia is the biggest complainer and has issues with proposed domains including "gripe," "fail" and "sucks": It says they are...
In 2011, the increasingly mobile and socially networked world of technology became more intertwined than ever with politics and the law. Patent wars shaped competition in tablets and smartphones, hacktivists attacked a widening array of political and...
Trademark owners can prevent their names from being misused in the new .xxx top-level domain by blocking these names, ICM Registry, the Florida-based registry operator for the .xxx top-level domain said.
The board of directors of the Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers (ICANN) has approved an increase in the number of Internet domain name endings, known as generic top-level domains (gTLDs), from the current 22.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 HTC One (M9) review: The weakest One in the trilogy
- 2 Google Nexus 9 review: The best of Google and HTC
- 3 Subaru WRX Premium CVT review: A wolf in sheep’s clothing
- 4 Oppo R5 review: Among the most innovative of smartphones
- 5 Apple Mac Mini review: A Macintosh that's easy on the wallet
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on GoodGearGuide
Latest News Articles
- LG may introduce leather-covered flagship smartphone at April 28 event
- Apple's iPhone trade-in program in China could boost sales
- Google cloud platform can now be managed from a phone
- IBM to pump US$3 billion into new IoT business unit
- EFF questions US government's software flaw disclosure policy
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTEmail Campaign Manager - leading fashion group!NSW
- FTDigital Producer - ConsumerNSW
- FTAgency Sales Manager - Software Sales - Major Global Tech Company!NSW
- CC.Net Solution ArchitectNSW
- CCSenior Release EngineerNSW
- CCMobile Designer / Developer - IOSNSW
- FTSales Manager - Seller AdvertisingNSW
- FTDigital Producer - Mobile AppsNSW
- FTSenior SQL DBANSW
- FTProduct Producer | MobileNSW
- FTMedia Sales Executive - Client Side!!NSW
- CCMobile iOS DeveloperNSW
- CCMobile Designer / Developer - IOSNSW
- FTCRM Campaign ManagerNSW
- CCSenior Systems EngineerNSW
- FTMobile Sales managerNSW
- FT.Net Solution ArchitectNSW
- CCDBA (Oracle/SQL)NSW
- FTDigital Communications Specialist | Internet Services| BrisbaneNSW
- FTApplication Support SpecialistNSW
- FTMarketing Executive | MusicNSW