Privacy advocates are sounding the alarm over a potential policy change that would prevent some people from registering website addresses without revealing their personal information.
The U.S. House of Representatives has voted to require ICANN, which coordinates the Internet's domain name system, to jump through several hoops before a government agency ends its oversight of the organization.
A U.S. House of Representatives subcommittee has approved a bill that would add new requirements before a government agency ends its oversight of ICANN, the coordinator of the Internet's domain name system.
The ICANN leader who kicked off the Internet organization's move away from U.S. government control will leave his post early, possibly before the transition is finished.
A so-called spearphishing attack on ICANN has compromised the email credentials of several ICANN staff members and allowed the attacker access to user information, including email and postal addresses.
In a landmark ruling that signals a win for the current system of Internet governance, a U.S. court has quashed an attempt to seize Iran's, Syria's and North Korea's domains as part of a lawsuit against those countries' governments.
The Internet domain name for a country doesn't belong to that country -- nor to anyone, according to ICANN.
What level of control governments should exert over the Internet emerged early in ICANN's meeting this week as a primary sticking point, with the representative from France advocating for more state control and the U.K. arguing for less.
ICANN CEO Fadi Chehadé hopes to make progress on the split with the U.S. government and convince critics that the organization is on the right track when it meets in London next week.
As part of ICANN's efforts to become a more global organization it detailed plans on Thursday for its new office in Istanbul.
The Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers (ICANN) has selected three emergency back-end registry operators to guarantee domain names within a new generic top-level domain (gTLD) will resolve in the event of a failure at a new TLD operat...
ICANN's new CEO Fadi Chehadé, who took over in October, is on a mission to help politicians around the world understand the importance of keeping the Internet intact and open, and is also working to bring home the addition of new generic top-level do...
The practice of issuing SSL certificates for internal domain names with unqualified extensions could endanger the privacy and integrity of HTTPS communications for upcoming generic top-level domains (gTLDs), according to a security advisory from the ...
African domain-name registrars responded with mixed reactions to details of ICANN's initiative on the continent, saying that while they should now have increased access to the Internet governance organization, increasing the number of registrars isn'...
Work under way to draft new regulations at the World Conference on International Telecommunications (WCIT) in Dubai this week could harm the Internet, warned Internet pioneer and Google executive Vint Cerf.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost review
- 2 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 3 Tech21 Evo Xplorer iPhone case review
- 4 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 5 Microsoft Lumia 640 review: Honouring Nokia's legacy
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- AC5300 Router reviews: Linksys EA9500 vs. Netgear Nighthawk X8 vs. D-Link DIR-895L
- Dell Inspiron 17 7778 review: This massive 17-inch 2-in-1 is a worthwhile desktop replacement
- Try this! 6 new Android 7.0 Nougat features to use now
- Spotify is retaliating against artists with Apple Music exclusives
- Artificial Intelligence: 7 factors for precision decisions
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCIT Program Manager - TelecommunicationsNSW
- FTTandem/NonStop Technical ConsultantWA
- FTSenior Full Stack .Net DeveloperVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/Oracle) 160902/AP/625Asia
- CCPersonal AssistantVIC
- CCContract Systems Analyst (Loutus Notes) 160815/SA/102Asia
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/SQL) 160826/AP/972Asia
- CCFull stack Java Developer- NoSQL database, Amazon AWS productsNSW
- CCTechnical Support - iPAD, iPhone, Apple devicesNSW
- CCSenior IT Project SpecialistVIC
- FTCyber Security Sales Executive / Account DirectorNSW
- CCLean Six Sigma Project ManagerVIC
- CCSolution Designer - Windows UpgradeNSW
- CCComms project specialistVIC
- CCDesktop Support AnalystSA
- CCContract IT Assistant (SQL/Windows7/8/10) 160901/AP/781Asia
- CCData Centre Solutions Architect - Red Hat, Wintel & VMware - CanberraACT
- CCContract Programmer (JAVA/J2EE) 160901/P/601Asia
- CCBusiness Intelligence Business AnalystSA
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (IT Application/Web) 160825/AP/183Asia
- CCProject Coordinator (Paying $400-$450 per day)NSW
- CCContract Systems Analyst (CISCO/Firewall/Network) 160819/SA/423Asia
- CCCA Gen Model Management-Oracle RDBMS, Oracle Solaris, TTNNSW
- CCICT Security Design & Implementation - NV1ACT
- FTFull Stack Application Developer - IoT projectsVIC