Privacy advocates are sounding the alarm over a potential policy change that would prevent some people from registering website addresses without revealing their personal information.
The U.S. House of Representatives has voted to require ICANN, which coordinates the Internet's domain name system, to jump through several hoops before a government agency ends its oversight of the organization.
A U.S. House of Representatives subcommittee has approved a bill that would add new requirements before a government agency ends its oversight of ICANN, the coordinator of the Internet's domain name system.
The ICANN leader who kicked off the Internet organization's move away from U.S. government control will leave his post early, possibly before the transition is finished.
A so-called spearphishing attack on ICANN has compromised the email credentials of several ICANN staff members and allowed the attacker access to user information, including email and postal addresses.
This is a bad day for the English language, after ICANN approved non-Latin characters for use in Internet domain names. Having invented the Internet--40 years ago yesterday--the U.S. has given away whatever advantage it offers English-speakers.
The .eu TLD (top-level domain name) for Web sites allows non-ASCII characters in its Web addresses, after it opened up the TLD to addresses written in Cyrillic and Greek letters, <a href="http://ec.europa.eu/information_society/policy/doteu/">the Eur...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost review
- 2 Synology DS216+ Review
- 3 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 4 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 5 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- AMD's Radeon Pro WX GPUs can create VR content for under $1,000
- AMD introduces a new Radeon Pro WX series to replace FirePro
- How to use Microsoft Edge, Windows 10's new browser
- Here are the key security features coming to Windows 10 next week
- Nvidia's latest Quadro GPU delivers a blistering 12 teraflops of performance
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTSocial Media AssistantQLD
- CCProject Manager, Credit CardsNSW
- CCDatabase developer/ModellerACT
- CCFMW DevelopersACT
- FTSCCM Applications PackagerWA
- CCOracle Apex DeveloperWA
- CCSenior Business Systems AnalystVIC
- CCDigital Project Manager, AgileNSW
- CCFull Stack Java DeveloperNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (HTML/JAVA/UNIX) 160804/AP/172Asia
- CCSenior Agile Java/Spring/AngularJS EngineerNSW
- CCSolutions ArchitectQLD
- FTSystem Integration EngineerACT
- CC.Net DeveloperNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst - CloudVIC
- CCPMO ManagerVIC
- FTNetwork Infrastructure SpecialistSA
- FTDesktop Support Engineer (Renewable Contract)Asia
- FTSenior .Net DeveloperSA
- FTSenior .Net Applications SupportACT
- CCChange Analysts - multiple rolesNSW
- FTProduct Owner - MarketingNSW
- FTTechnical/Solutions ArchitectVIC
- CCTest Manager - Baseline SecurityVIC
- CCFrontend DevelopersQLD