Privacy advocates are sounding the alarm over a potential policy change that would prevent some people from registering website addresses without revealing their personal information.
The U.S. House of Representatives has voted to require ICANN, which coordinates the Internet's domain name system, to jump through several hoops before a government agency ends its oversight of the organization.
A U.S. House of Representatives subcommittee has approved a bill that would add new requirements before a government agency ends its oversight of ICANN, the coordinator of the Internet's domain name system.
The ICANN leader who kicked off the Internet organization's move away from U.S. government control will leave his post early, possibly before the transition is finished.
A so-called spearphishing attack on ICANN has compromised the email credentials of several ICANN staff members and allowed the attacker access to user information, including email and postal addresses.
This is a bad day for the English language, after ICANN approved non-Latin characters for use in Internet domain names. Having invented the Internet--40 years ago yesterday--the U.S. has given away whatever advantage it offers English-speakers.
The .eu TLD (top-level domain name) for Web sites allows non-ASCII characters in its Web addresses, after it opened up the TLD to addresses written in Cyrillic and Greek letters, <a href="http://ec.europa.eu/information_society/policy/doteu/">the Eur...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 Mazda MX-5 (2016) review: Absolute driving purity
- 3 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 4 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Modular cellphone kit can be used for IoT and wearables
- Now that AI has mastered 'Go,' are all our jobs next?
- Make a $40 Linux or Android PC with new Raspberry Pi 2 rival
- Researcher finds serious flaw in Chromium-based Avast SafeZone browser
- Dridex banking malware mysteriously hijacked to distribute antivirus program
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTIT Security Governance ManagerNSW
- CCChange CoordinatorNSW
- FTSenior Project Manager - SecurityNSW
- CCSenior PMO Analyst / PMO LeadVIC
- CCIT Security EngineerNSW
- FTChange LeadNSW
- FTBusiness Intelligence AnalystVIC
- CCJava Developer - Front/ Back EndVIC
- CCOracle Business Analyst / TrainerSA
- CCContract System Analyst (SQL/.net) 160205/SA/561Asia
- CCJunior .NET DeveloperQLD
- CCMid-level DevOps EngineerNSW
- CCContract System Analyst (Website/PHP development) 160122/SA/vmtAsia
- FTAxway API DeveloperNSW
- FTSenior Unified Communications Consultant - National IT ServicesNSW
- CC.NET DeveloperACT
- CCMultiple Java rolesACT
- CCBusiness and Financial AnalystACT
- CCProgram Master SchedulerNSW
- CCiOS Developer - New AppNSW
- FTTeam Lead ITIL- Permanent OpportunityVIC
- FTServer EngineerNSW
- CCEnterprise ArchitectNSW
- FTJava Web Development OpportunityVIC