IBM says IT staff need to pay extra attention to use of mobile devices and cloud infrastructure on business networks because both technologies are still young, and security can be sketchy.
The volume of phishing attacks dropped in 2010 to less than a quarter of what was seen in the previous two years, according to IBM's annual research report on threats and risks. There was still plenty of spam, however.
Mention cloud computing to a mainframe professional, and he's likely to roll his eyes. Cloud is just a new name -- and a lot of hype -- for what mainframes have done for years, he'll say.
One of the founding fathers of the original IBM PC, Mark Dean, says competition in the smartphone and tablet markets today is as wild as the early microcomputer battles between Apple, Commodore and IBM almost three decades ago.
Oracle's announcement last week that it will stop developing software for Intel's Itanium processor has database startup EnterpriseDB looking to capitalize.
IBM is expanding a laboratory in Taiwan to design high-end servers for the growing demands of corporate database users, the company said on Monday.
After years of making accommodations for such&nbsp; platforms as AJAX, the Eclipse Foundation will return to its Java roots this June
Oracle and IBM officials took the stage together Wednesday to champion Java and stress that their own interests mandate continued vitality of the platform.
NEW YORK -- As real-time and batch analytics evolve using big data processing engines such as Hadoop, corporations will be able to track our activities, habits and locations with greater precision than ever thought.
Hoping to cut costs and speed delivery of IT systems, IBM has developed a set of technology templates for its services portfolio that will allow the company to more quickly stand up customer systems, the company announced Wednesday.
SAP is hoping to cement its foothold in the growing market for GRC (governance, risk and compliance) software with a new suite, announced Wednesday, that is nearly three years in the making.
Filling out its portfolio of Smarter Buildings offerings, IBM is acquiring Tririga, a provider of facility and real estate management software, IBM announced Tuesday. Terms of the deal were not disclosed.
The U.S. government itself has come out against <a href="http://www.networkworld.com/subnets/microsoft/">Microsoft</a> in a Supreme Court case that may decide the way patents are protected.
The U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission has charged IBM with giving hundreds of thousands of dollars in bribes to South Korean and Chinese officials starting in the late 1990s, according to court documents filed Friday.
SAP plans to offer a version of its HANA (High-Performance Analytic Appliance) software that will allow customers to upload data to the vendor's own cloud setup for processing, rather than deploy related infrastructure in-house, a senior executive of...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Ford Focus ST (2015) review: Absolutely mental styling, engine, handling
- 2 LG 65-inch UHD TV (65UF950T) review
- 3 Playing chicken with a Tesla Model S
- 4 Audi TT (2015) review: A smarter take on the sports coupe
- 5 Microsoft Lumia 640 review: Honouring Nokia's legacy
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Deals on Good Gear Guide
- Networking, Wireless & VoIP
Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Sounds can knock drones out of the sky
- Jabra Sport Coach Wireless earbuds
- iiNet unveils Social Post at Perth Arena
- Optus is shutting down its 2G network, prompts customers to upgrade
- Telstra offers Apple Music in Australia
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCAccount Strategist | Sales Executive | Global Search EngineNSW
- FTField EngineerNSW
- FTDevOps Consultant - Microsoft Experience - Digital ConsultancyVIC
- FTSenior Network EngineerNSW
- FTDesktop Engineering ManagerNSW
- FTBusiness Development Manager & Account ManagerVIC
- CCLead Generator - Software SolutionsNSW
- CCMarketing Coordinator - World's largest search engine!NSW