IBM Thursday announced a breakthrough in computer memory technology, which may lead to the development of solid-state chips that can store as much data as NAND flash technology but with 100 times the performance and vastly greater lifespan.
Tech companies this week enjoyed an end-of-quarter market rally as concerns about the recovery abated somewhat and reports from market analysts indicated that IT spending would stay ahead of overall economic growth.
Some corporate IT managers are unhappy with Mozilla's decision to push out new editions of Firefox every six weeks with its new rapid-release program.
IBM on Monday announced two cloud-based disaster recovery services for businesses: the IBM SmartCloud Virtualized Server Recovery and the IBM SmartCloud Archive.
IBM's Netezza division is rolling out a new analytic appliance that can analyze up to 10 petabytes of data "in a matter of minutes," the company is expected to announce Wednesday during the Enzee Universe conference in Boston.
SAP's HANA (high performance analytic appliance) in-memory computing engine went into general availability on Monday, giving the vendor a flashy new weapon against the likes of Oracle's Exadata data-processing machine and others in a highly competiti...
A Japanese computer has taken first place on the Top 500 supercomputer list, ending China's reign at the top after just six months. At 8.16 petaflops (quadrillion floating-point calculations per second), the K computer is more powerful than the next ...
Is HTML5 the Holy Grail for building next-generation Web applications?
BMC Software said Friday it has acquired a range of IMS (information management system) database software and related customers from Neon Enterprise Software, which recently lost a legal battle with IBM over a mainframe-related product called zPrime....
The history of technological media is littered with platforms we no longer use. Often called "dead media," many of them actually live on in technologies that are widely used today, and can teach us much about how to design platforms for the future, a...
IBM is celebrating the 100th anniversary of its founding Thursday. Led by American capitalist icons Thomas J. Watson, Sr. and Thomas J. Watson, Jr. until the 1970s, the company grew from a pre-World War I conglomeration of companies making tabulating...
Implementing business analytics has risen to the top of midmarket CIOs' to-do lists, according to a new IBM study announced Friday during an event in Waltham, Massachusetts.
IBM executives said this week that the company is looking to many of its existing tools, from the Tivoli management system to Cognos business intelligence software, to secure private and IBM-hosted hybrid clouds as customers migrate to these new comp...
IBM has made what it claims is the first graphene-based integrated circuit, using many of the same techniques now used to produce silicon circuits. The technique could one day be used to produce superior wireless communication devices and less-expens...
IBM has released new software designed to cut energy costs by monitoring sensors inside of large buildings and flagging potential maintenance issues.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 Mazda MX-5 (2016) review: Absolute driving purity
- 3 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 4 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- MIT uses 4D maps to help robot teams navigate moving obstacles
- A new AMD licensing deal could create more x86 rivals for Intel
- Corsair's K70 RGP Rapidfire features new gaming-focused Cherry MX switches
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCBusiness Project ManagerAsia
- CCInfrastructure Assurance OfficerACT
- CCProcurement and Categroy SpecialistWA
- CCFront End Developer x 2QLD
- CCSr System AnalystACT
- CCAnalyst Programmer (Lotus Notes/Networking) 160504/AP/781Asia
- CCIT Network SpecialistVIC
- FTData AnalystNSW
- FTProject Manager | Permanent role in Canberra | NV1/2 clearedACT
- CCPortfolio Manager - Customer Service SystemVIC
- CCContract Programmer (JAVA/HTML/SQL) 160421/P/903Asia
- CCBusiness Analyst - ICT SecurityNSW
- CCSenior Agile Business AnalystVIC
- CCSAP BW developerVIC
- CCSystems TrainerVIC
- CCTransition Program ManagerNSW
- CCBusiness AnalystSA
- FTNV2 Defence Project Manager | Prince2 & PMBoK shop | Huge project pipelineACT
- CCSales Development Executive - Flexible Working HoursNSW
- CCDigital Producer (Part Time 3 Days Per Week)NSW
- CCServer SpecialistACT
- FTWeb DeveloperSA
- FTSenior Technical ConsultantVIC
- FTSenior Middleware Lead Shared Services (Support and EngineeringVIC
- CCWebOps EngineerVIC