Wrapping up a three-day run on the Jeopardy game show, IBM's Watson computer has beaten two former champions in a historic match of man versus machine.
IBM's <a href="http://www.computerworld.com/s/article/9205158/IBM_supercomputer_wins_first_Jeopardy_dust_up">Jeopardy playing supercomputer</a> has been touted by some observers to be one of the biggest computing advancements in the past several deca...
Kicking off its 2011 PartnerWorld Leadership Conference, IBM has announced an expanded set of incentives for business partners offering IBM-based cloud and analytics services.
Hewlett-Packard wants to manage the construction phase of its clients' data center projects, hoping to expand its revenue from this area and, it says, help customers complete projects more quickly and for as much as 30 per cent lower cost.
The U.S. Energy Department's Argonne National Laboratory has commissioned IBM to build what will become one of the world's most powerful supercomputers, IBM announced Tuesday.
China is building a city-sized cloud computing and office complex that will include a mega data center, one of the projects fueling that country's double-digit growth in IT spending.
Can cloud-based computing be made more secure in the future using what crypto geeks call "fully homomorphic encryption" to send data as "encrypted blobs" that can be understood and subject to processing without having to actually de-crypt them first ...
The CEOs of IBM and Dell have called on U.S. government leaders to put aside their differences and create a long-term agenda to promote innovation and improve the country's competitive stature in the world.
Oracle has agreed to pay the U.S. government US$46 million to settle complaints that Sun Microsystems, which merged with Oracle in 2010, engaged with other technology vendors in a kickbacks scheme affecting government contracts, the U.S. Department o...
Intel Capital and IBM are investing a combined US$350 million in a new effort by President Barack Obama's administration to encourage entrepreneurs and mentor new businesspeople.
IBM is hoping to bring the concept of Facebook's activity streams to enterprise applications, using a vastly expanded social networking toolkit that the company released Monday.
IBM, Intel and Hewlett-Packard on Monday said they would invest in an effort led by the White House to create jobs and promote growth in emerging technology areas such as cloud computing, health care and mobile applications.
Joining Microsoft, Oracle, Google and others, IBM plans to offer a cloud-based office suite, the company announced on Monday.
IBM's LotusLive on-demand collaboration suite is getting a boost via integration with SugarCRM and Ariba's Discovery Service supplier database, the companies announced Thursday.
IBM and the China-based Range Technology will build a cloud computing data center near Beijing that the companies claim will be Asia's largest by floor space.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 HTC One (M9) review: The weakest One in the trilogy
- 2 Google Nexus 9 review: The best of Google and HTC
- 3 Subaru WRX Premium CVT review: A wolf in sheep’s clothing
- 4 Oppo R5 review: Among the most innovative of smartphones
- 5 Apple Mac Mini review: A Macintosh that's easy on the wallet
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on GoodGearGuide
Latest News Articles
- US trade body to investigate Apple after Ericsson complaints
- With Tidal relaunch, Jay Z doubles down on streaming for audiophiles
- Silk Road investigators charged with stealing bitcoin
- HP links Vertica and IDOL seeking better unstructured data analysis
- Bit by bit, Intel looks to quadruple SSD storage
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTProduct Producer | MobileNSW
- FTDigital Producer - ConsumerNSW
- CCMobile Designer / Developer - IOSNSW
- FTMarketing Executive | MusicNSW
- CCDBA (Oracle/SQL)NSW
- FTApplication Support SpecialistNSW
- CC.Net Solution ArchitectNSW
- FTSenior SQL DBANSW
- FTSales Manager - Seller AdvertisingNSW
- FTDigital Communications Specialist | Internet Services| BrisbaneNSW
- FTAgency Sales Manager - Software Sales - Major Global Tech Company!NSW
- FT.Net Solution ArchitectNSW
- FTMobile Sales managerNSW
- FTEmail Campaign Manager - leading fashion group!NSW
- CCSenior Systems EngineerNSW
- FTCRM Campaign ManagerNSW
- CCMobile iOS DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior Release EngineerNSW
- CCMobile Designer / Developer - IOSNSW
- FTMedia Sales Executive - Client Side!!NSW
- FTDigital Producer - Mobile AppsNSW