Third-party charges on U.S. consumer and business telephone bills, most of them unauthorized by the customer, amount to US $2 billion a year, according to a new report from a U.S. Senate committee.
IBM never talks about the cost of its high-end mainframes, but when it comes to its low-end mainframe, price is a major focal point.
The two-week stock market rally in technology, among other sectors of the economy, came to a screeching halt Friday as the U.S. Bureau of Labor issued its monthly jobs survey.
IBM Thursday announced a breakthrough in computer memory technology, which may lead to the development of solid-state chips that can store as much data as NAND flash technology but with 100 times the performance and vastly greater lifespan.
Tech companies this week enjoyed an end-of-quarter market rally as concerns about the recovery abated somewhat and reports from market analysts indicated that IT spending would stay ahead of overall economic growth.
Some corporate IT managers are unhappy with Mozilla's decision to push out new editions of Firefox every six weeks with its new rapid-release program.
IBM on Monday announced two cloud-based disaster recovery services for businesses: the IBM SmartCloud Virtualized Server Recovery and the IBM SmartCloud Archive.
IBM's Netezza division is rolling out a new analytic appliance that can analyze up to 10 petabytes of data "in a matter of minutes," the company is expected to announce Wednesday during the Enzee Universe conference in Boston.
SAP's HANA (high performance analytic appliance) in-memory computing engine went into general availability on Monday, giving the vendor a flashy new weapon against the likes of Oracle's Exadata data-processing machine and others in a highly competiti...
A Japanese computer has taken first place on the Top 500 supercomputer list, ending China's reign at the top after just six months. At 8.16 petaflops (quadrillion floating-point calculations per second), the K computer is more powerful than the next ...
Is HTML5 the Holy Grail for building next-generation Web applications?
BMC Software said Friday it has acquired a range of IMS (information management system) database software and related customers from Neon Enterprise Software, which recently lost a legal battle with IBM over a mainframe-related product called zPrime....
The history of technological media is littered with platforms we no longer use. Often called "dead media," many of them actually live on in technologies that are widely used today, and can teach us much about how to design platforms for the future, a...
IBM is celebrating the 100th anniversary of its founding Thursday. Led by American capitalist icons Thomas J. Watson, Sr. and Thomas J. Watson, Jr. until the 1970s, the company grew from a pre-World War I conglomeration of companies making tabulating...
Implementing business analytics has risen to the top of midmarket CIOs' to-do lists, according to a new IBM study announced Friday during an event in Waltham, Massachusetts.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost review
- 2 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 3 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 4 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft's pricey Surface Book is getting stomped by the ancient Surface Pro 3
- Android TV's universal search feature finally works with Netflix
- Facebook takes on critics with political bias class
- Kodi dives into hardware with a Raspberry Pi 3 case perfect for low-cost HTPCs
- What iOS 10 can tell us about the new iPhone
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCTechnology and Security ArchitectACT
- CCSenior IT Automated TesterNSW
- CCImplementation ManagerNSW
- CCMaster Scheduler - IT Infrastructure ProgramsNSW
- CCBusiness AnalystVIC
- CCSenior Performance & Automation EngineerNSW
- CCSystems Monitoring Specialist - Foglight focusNSW
- FTDynamics AX Functional ArchitectNSW
- FTTechnical/Solutions ArchitectNSW
- CCSoftware Biomedical Solutions ArchitectSA
- CCx2 AEM Frontend/UI DevelopersVIC
- FTEnvironments Lead (Linux/ Automation)VIC
- FTTechnical Consultant - ServerSA
- FTJava DeveloperAsia
- FTMobility Developer x 2 - iOS and Android positions available!NSW
- CCAgile Business AnalystNSW
- CCSenior Project Delivery ManagerACT
- CCContract Systems Analyst (Linux/MySQL/Oracle) 160630/SA/254Asia
- CCIT Change Coordinator / AnalystNSW
- CCRuby on Rails DeveloperNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst, InsuranceNSW
- FTBusiness Analyst/Data Analyst Capability ManagerVIC
- CCWeb/Mobile Developer (Android)WA
- CCMS Exchange Support EngineerNSW
- FTTechnical Business Analyst (Integration background)NSW