U.S. exchanges were volatile Friday after suffering their worst drop in more than two years Thursday, taking IT companies' shares down along with stocks in just about every other sector of the economy.
Data centers have been using less electricity than you think ... or at least, compared with what they have in the past.
Google has acquired more than 1,000 patents from IBM in order to pad its portfolio. Patent litigation is a theater of the absurd in most cases, but it has evolved into a standard business practice among tech companies, and Google needs more fodder to...
Hoping to boost its services offerings, IBM is assigning 200 of its researchers to the help the company manage its customers' business systems with more scientific precision.
With an eye toward helping tomorrow's data-deluged organizations, IBM researchers have created a super-fast storage system capable of scanning in 10 billion files in 43 minutes.
A raft of computer and software vendor financial results this week, including reports from IBM, Intel, Apple and Microsoft, revealed some record quarterly results and a healthy market for business technology, though clouds remain for segments of the ...
Bucking standard conventions in software versioning, Linux Torvalds has designated the new release of the Linux operating system kernel, posted Friday, as version 3.0, even while maintaining that the release is only a routine update.
Software and services fueled IBM growth in the second quarter of 2011, the company said Monday.
Microsoft's annual partner conference last week featured previews of the Windows 8 server and desktop operating systems, talk of integration between Skype and Lync, and a barrage of insults aimed at the company's competitors.
Google's surprisingly strong earnings helped spark renewed confidence in the tech sector in advance of a raft of vendor earnings announcements next week, as shares of bellwether IT companies led markets upward Friday.
In an effort to simplify work for data-welding marketing managers, IBM has combined two of its e-commerce offerings into a single online package.
Problems with an SAP software implementation led by IBM consultants have resulted in six months of erroneous paychecks for nurses in Nova Scotia, although now officials say the issues have been resolved.
Hoping to further sharpen OpenOffice's competitive viability against Microsoft Office, IBM is donating the code of its Symphony open source office suite to the nonprofit Apache Software Foundation.
Third-party charges on U.S. consumer and business telephone bills, most of them unauthorized by the customer, amount to US $2 billion a year, according to a new report from a U.S. Senate committee.
IBM never talks about the cost of its high-end mainframes, but when it comes to its low-end mainframe, price is a major focal point.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 2 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 3 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 4 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
- 5 Microsoft Lumia 640 review: Honouring Nokia's legacy
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Seagate 8TB NAS drive: Review
- Seagate ST1000LX001 review
- Report: Microsoft could debut Xbox One game streaming stick and 'Xbox TV' at E3
- This sticker can wirelessly charge your smartphone or tablet
- Microsoft breaks own design rules in dupe-the-user Windows 10 upgrade tactic
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTTechnical/Solutions ArchitectNSW
- CCBusiness Intelligence (BI) AnalystQLD
- CCRelease Manager, InfrastructureNSW
- CCSr. Net DeveloperVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160523/AP/568Asia
- CCContract Systems Analyst (JAVA/Oracle/Web) 160603/SA/871Asia
- CCTechnical Business Analyst, SuperannuationNSW
- CCProject Manager NetworksNSW
- CCContract Programmer (HTML/JAVA/SQL) 160525/P/013Asia
- CCSenior Project ManagerVIC
- FT.NET DevelopersQLD
- CCChange Manager- Success Factors/HCMNSW
- FTData Feeds Developer | Financial Services | C# & SQLNSW
- CCHR Systems Support OfficerACT
- CCOracle Application Administrator - July startACT
- FTTester/Business AnalystWA
- CCSenior Business Analyst - NV1VIC
- CCSenior Project ManagerNSW
- FTSenior .NET DeveloperWA
- CCFront end and Full Stack DevelopersNSW
- FTSolution ArchitectACT
- FTSenior Developer (Full stack)SA
- FTSenior Network Engineer - Australian Systems Integrator - Immediate interviewNSW
- CCSoftware DevelopersACT
- CCSenior Programmer (Data Engineering)NSW