IBM has created prototype chips that could mimic brain-like functionality, which the company said is an "unprecedented" step forward in creating intelligent computers that collect, process and understand data quickly.
Hewlett-Packard has updated its dependency mapping software to help customers figure out which departments are using which systems and applications, to enable chargeback programs and other management tasks.
Based on a pilot project with the city of Portland, Oregon, IBM is offering a new services and software model to help municipal administrations predict the effects of policy choices.
Citing unforeseen complexities and greater-than-anticipated costs, IBM and the University of Illinois' National Center for Supercomputing Applications (NCSA) have abandoned plans to build a petaflop-speed supercomputer, the two organizations said Mon...
U.S. exchanges were volatile Friday after suffering their worst drop in more than two years Thursday, taking IT companies' shares down along with stocks in just about every other sector of the economy.
Data centers have been using less electricity than you think ... or at least, compared with what they have in the past.
Google has acquired more than 1,000 patents from IBM in order to pad its portfolio. Patent litigation is a theater of the absurd in most cases, but it has evolved into a standard business practice among tech companies, and Google needs more fodder to...
Hoping to boost its services offerings, IBM is assigning 200 of its researchers to the help the company manage its customers' business systems with more scientific precision.
With an eye toward helping tomorrow's data-deluged organizations, IBM researchers have created a super-fast storage system capable of scanning in 10 billion files in 43 minutes.
A raft of computer and software vendor financial results this week, including reports from IBM, Intel, Apple and Microsoft, revealed some record quarterly results and a healthy market for business technology, though clouds remain for segments of the ...
Bucking standard conventions in software versioning, Linux Torvalds has designated the new release of the Linux operating system kernel, posted Friday, as version 3.0, even while maintaining that the release is only a routine update.
Software and services fueled IBM growth in the second quarter of 2011, the company said Monday.
Microsoft's annual partner conference last week featured previews of the Windows 8 server and desktop operating systems, talk of integration between Skype and Lync, and a barrage of insults aimed at the company's competitors.
Google's surprisingly strong earnings helped spark renewed confidence in the tech sector in advance of a raft of vendor earnings announcements next week, as shares of bellwether IT companies led markets upward Friday.
In an effort to simplify work for data-welding marketing managers, IBM has combined two of its e-commerce offerings into a single online package.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 2 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 3 Parrot Mambo Drone review
- 4 Evapolar USB air conditioner review
- 5 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Gallipoli is now an amazing video game
- Battlefield 1 review: Familiar multiplayer wedded to a brilliant WWI campaign
- Microsoft rescues disheveled lady Skypers with its TeleBeauty virtual makeup app
- Samsung releases super-high-capacity 8GB DRAM
- Mars lander goes silent, but scientists remain hopeful
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- TV buying guide: What to look for when buying a TV in 2016
- Best iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus plans: Optus vs Telstra vs Vodafone vs Virgin
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTCustomer Solutions Engineer | Voice | Data | TelcoNSW
- CCAcquisition Marketing Executive - B2BNSW
- CCDigital Solutions ManagerNSW
- CCInfrastructure & Security Solution ArchitectVIC
- CCSenior Business Analyst, Margin ProjectsNSW
- FTSolution ArchitectACT
- CCHead of Digital (Technology Manager - Digital Transformations)NSW
- CCWebpage Designer - Canberra RoleNSW
- FTSOE ArchitectNSW
- FTSenior Application SupportSA
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- FTDelivery LeadNSW
- CCCommunications ManagerVIC
- FTJava Script, Frontend Developer- DynamoDB or MongoDBNSW
- CCImplementation ManagerVIC
- FTProgram SchedulerNSW
- FTBiomedical Project ManagerSA
- CCStrategy AnalystVIC
- CCSAP Release & Deployment ManagerNSW
- FTSolution Delivery ManagerVIC
- FTGateway ManagerACT
- CC.Net DeveloperWA
- CCPOS EngineerNSW
- CCSenior Java Developer-Java SE 8, HTTP APIs, Protocol BuffersNSW
- CCContract Systems Analyst (Oracle/Unix/WebLogic) 161020/SA/693Asia