Despite its setbacks in the U.S., Huawei Technologies still expects growth from its carrier business in the nation, and is focusing on the market's smaller network operators to increase sales.
Revelations about U.S. secret surveillance programs have left China's Huawei Technologies exhausted on the public relations front, a top company executive said Wednesday.
The options are increasing for people who want an LTE smartphone, but don't want to spend a fortune or sign an expensive contract. Two new alternatives that won't drain wallets are Nokia's Lumia 635 and the Huawei-made Kestrel.
The £99 (US$160) price for U.K. carrier EE's smartphone Kestrel without a contract gives a glimpse of a future with low-cost LTE devices, and is also an aggressive move by Qualcomm as competition in the chipset sector increases.
The European Union will not take action against Chinese mobile telecommunications product manufacturers it announced Thursday.
China's Ministry of National Defense blasted the U.S. over recent allegations that it has been spying on Huawei Technologies, and said it plans to shore up the nation's Internet security in response.
A demonstration this week by networking vendor Huawei Technologies and chip maker Xilinx signaled the optical industry's eagerness for 400-Gigabit Ethernet, a standard that is still at least two years away.
Leading tech vendors again urged European officials to protect them from patent trolls while creating a new pan-European patent system.
The two most talked about smartphones ahead of this year's Mobile World Congress sit at opposites sides of the spectrum; the low-end Android-based Nokia X and Samsung Electronics' new flagship model, the Galaxy S5.
China's Huawei Technologies is planning on launching its Android gaming console in its home market during this year's second quarter, just after local authorities lifted a ban on video game sales in the country.
China's Huawei Technologies has updated its 6.1-inch "phablet," the Ascend Mate, with a new version that boasts an average two-day battery life, and can even charge up other devices.
A special hacking unit of the U.S. National Security Agency intercepts deliveries of new computer equipment en route to plant spyware, according to a report on Sunday from Der Spiegel, a German publication.
Huawei Technologies and Polish operator Exatel have tested a next-generation optical network based on WDM (Wavelength Division Multiplexing) technology and capable of 400Gbps throughput.
The U.S. International Trade Commission has ruled against InterDigital in a complaint that alleged Huawei, Nokia, ZTE had infringed the company's patents.
Huawei Technologies remains the world's biggest vendor of cellular networks despite being effectively locked out of the huge U.S. LTE market.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 2 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 3 Parrot Mambo Drone review
- 4 Evapolar USB air conditioner review
- 5 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Gallipoli is now an amazing video game
- Battlefield 1 review: Familiar multiplayer wedded to a brilliant WWI campaign
- Microsoft rescues disheveled lady Skypers with its TeleBeauty virtual makeup app
- Samsung releases super-high-capacity 8GB DRAM
- Mars lander goes silent, but scientists remain hopeful
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- TV buying guide: What to look for when buying a TV in 2016
- Best iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus plans: Optus vs Telstra vs Vodafone vs Virgin
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- CCSystem TestersQLD
- CCNetwork Capacity PlannerVIC
- FTInformation Architect, DataNSW
- CCSenior Technical SpecialistVIC
- CCE-Commerce - Senior Web DeveloperNSW
- CCApplications Support Technical OfficerACT
- FTIncident & Problem AnalystVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (IT Security) 161018/AP/383Asia
- FT.Net CRM Dynamics Developer LeadVIC
- CCWebpage Designer - Canberra RoleNSW
- CC.Net DeveloperWA
- CCSenior Procurement SpecialistVIC
- CCFront End DeveloperNSW
- CCContract Junior Programmer (J2EE/Oracle/XML) 161018/JP/922Asia
- FTIntegration Solutions ArchitectNSW
- CCAnalyst Programmer (12-Month Renewable Contract)Asia
- FTDevOps EngineerVIC
- FTKronos AdministratorNSW
- CCSAP GRC consultant with ABAP experience . Canberra LocationNSW
- CCProject ManagerVIC
- CCSenior Business Analyst, Margin ProjectsNSW
- FTIntegration SpecialistSA
- CCAccounts Payable/Contract Officer- NSW Government backgroundNSW
- FTAgile Front End Developer- HTML5 & CSS3NSW