Despite its setbacks in the U.S., Huawei Technologies still expects growth from its carrier business in the nation, and is focusing on the market's smaller network operators to increase sales.
Revelations about U.S. secret surveillance programs have left China's Huawei Technologies exhausted on the public relations front, a top company executive said Wednesday.
The options are increasing for people who want an LTE smartphone, but don't want to spend a fortune or sign an expensive contract. Two new alternatives that won't drain wallets are Nokia's Lumia 635 and the Huawei-made Kestrel.
The £99 (US$160) price for U.K. carrier EE's smartphone Kestrel without a contract gives a glimpse of a future with low-cost LTE devices, and is also an aggressive move by Qualcomm as competition in the chipset sector increases.
The European Union will not take action against Chinese mobile telecommunications product manufacturers it announced Thursday.
China's Ministry of National Defense blasted the U.S. over recent allegations that it has been spying on Huawei Technologies, and said it plans to shore up the nation's Internet security in response.
A demonstration this week by networking vendor Huawei Technologies and chip maker Xilinx signaled the optical industry's eagerness for 400-Gigabit Ethernet, a standard that is still at least two years away.
Leading tech vendors again urged European officials to protect them from patent trolls while creating a new pan-European patent system.
The two most talked about smartphones ahead of this year's Mobile World Congress sit at opposites sides of the spectrum; the low-end Android-based Nokia X and Samsung Electronics' new flagship model, the Galaxy S5.
China's Huawei Technologies is planning on launching its Android gaming console in its home market during this year's second quarter, just after local authorities lifted a ban on video game sales in the country.
China's Huawei Technologies has updated its 6.1-inch "phablet," the Ascend Mate, with a new version that boasts an average two-day battery life, and can even charge up other devices.
A special hacking unit of the U.S. National Security Agency intercepts deliveries of new computer equipment en route to plant spyware, according to a report on Sunday from Der Spiegel, a German publication.
Huawei Technologies and Polish operator Exatel have tested a next-generation optical network based on WDM (Wavelength Division Multiplexing) technology and capable of 400Gbps throughput.
The U.S. International Trade Commission has ruled against InterDigital in a complaint that alleged Huawei, Nokia, ZTE had infringed the company's patents.
Huawei Technologies remains the world's biggest vendor of cellular networks despite being effectively locked out of the huge U.S. LTE market.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 Mazda MX-5 (2016) review: Absolute driving purity
- 3 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 4 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Apple to replace defective USB-C cables that shipped with some 12-inch MacBooks
- Upgrading to SAP Hana? This new tool can help prepare your code
- The eyes have it: How one startup aims to change the future of VR
- Gaming on Linux, Steam machines set to soar with DirectX competitor Vulkan
- Google didn't abuse its position in Streetmap case, UK court rules
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTDigital Marketing Specialist | Media BuyerNSW
- CCIT Security EngineerNSW
- CC.NET DeveloperNSW
- CCOracle Business Analyst / TrainerSA
- CCContract System Analyst (SQL/.net) 160205/SA/561Asia
- CCIT Service Improvement SpecialistNSW
- CCData Stage DeveloperNSW
- CCSolution Design EngineerACT
- CCSenior Project Manager - ComplianceVIC
- CCSharePoint DeveloperACT
- CCTest ManagerQLD
- CCIT Solutions DesignerNSW
- CCMVC .Net Developer- Hurstville NSW 2220NSW
- CCSenior Project Manager, Research Data ProjectNSW
- FTApplication Support AnalystVIC
- FTManager, Portfolio GovernanceNSW
- CCImmediate iOS Developer RequiredNSW
- FTFunctional Business Analyst - Commodities and FX DomainNSW
- FTSystems Engineer / Administrator - Managed ServicesNSW
- FTWintel EngineerACT
- CCOperations AnalystNSW
- FTAxway API DeveloperNSW
- CCSystem TesterQLD
- CCOracle Apex DeveloperQLD
- FT.NET DeveloperVIC