If you're looking to buy solid state drives (SSDs) from SanDisk to speed up your servers, you might be out of luck. A California court has issued a preliminary sales ban for controller chips that SanDisk uses in its high-speed SSDs.
A serious vulnerability in an embedded Web server used by many router models from different manufacturers allows remote attackers to take control of affected devices over the Internet.
A successful iPhone 6 launch in the U.S. helped Apple increase its share of the smartphone market in the third quarter, but nemesis Samsung Electronics struggled, with upstart Chinese manufacturers nipping at its heels and growing ever stronger.
China's appetite for smartphones is starting to reach its limit, with growth in the once booming market expected to reach single digit levels next year.
A technology that delivers broadband speeds over copper lines at a speed comparable to fiber is gaining momentum.
Plastic is out and metal, leather and wood are in as smartphone vendors hope luxurious-looking devices will inspire buyers to upgrade.
In the hunt for new ways to handle growing data volumes, NTT DoCoMo and Huawei Technologies have demonstrated that LTE can be deployed over 5GHz, which today is used for Wi-Fi networks.
Using a tablet to make a phone call may sound unorthodox. But in Asia's emerging markets, vendors are increasingly shipping 7-inch tablets with voice call functions, according to research firm IDC.
Xiaomi became the world's fifth-largest smartphone vendor in the second quarter, catapulted into the top five for the first time by its hit products in its home market of China, according to research firm Strategy Analytics.
Huawei Technologies shipped 62 percent more smartphones in the first half of 2014 than the same period last year, with shipments to some countries outside its home market of China doubling or even tripling.
In the hunt for more spectrum to speed up mobile networks, Vodafone and Huawei Technologies have successfully tested a technology that lets LTE and GSM share the same frequencies.
Chinese server vendors are making big gains in their home market, and putting pressure on U.S. rivals Hewlett-Packard and IBM in the "hyperscale" segment, according to research firm IDC. Dell, though, remains the country's number one server vendor.
As they battle for dominance in the cut-throat smartphone category, vendors are betting that luxury-evoking designs and features such as better front cameras will get consumers to open their wallets.
Huawei Technologies is hoping that a sleek, 6.5-millimeter silhouette and the ability to take high-resolution pictures with an 8-megapixel front camera will make its flagship Ascend P7 a hit.
LG, Motorola and Huawei will all launch new smartphones in the next three weeks as they try to chip away at Apple and Samsung Electronics, a task that doesn't seem as insurmountable as it did a year ago.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 3 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 4 Panasonic Viera DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review
- 5 Parrot Mambo Drone review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Fake news fallout: Facebook starts asking users if headlines are accurate
- Dead Rising 4 impressions: 'Tis the season to BBQ zombies with your flaming sword
- Surface Book i7 vs. MacBook Pro: Fight!
- Start hoarding SSDs: Prices are expected to spike as supply gets tight
- Nikola Motor unveils its hydrogen fuel cell 18-wheeler
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Best phone of the year 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTTechnical Customer SupportQLD
- CCSenior Financial PlannerNSW
- CCSenior Software Engineer/ DeveloperSA
- CCSenior Front End Wed DeveloperNSW
- FTSoftware Developer - .NETNSW
- CCOnsite Level 2 Desktop SupportNSW
- FTService Desk Analyst / Security EngineerQLD
- FTBusiness Systems Analyst/Salesforce Developer APEXNSW
- TPWordpress DeveloperVIC
- CCHadoop DeveloperACT
- CCSecurity SpecialistVIC
- CCIT Project ManagerNSW
- CCHadoop DeveloperQLD
- FTTechnology Portfolio - Performance AnalystACT
- CCChange Manager/ Project ManagerNSW
- CCSolution Architect-PHPNSW
- CCProject Coordinator / Specialist / Analyst - Finance - Contract - Sydney CBDNSW
- TPNetwork EngineerVIC
- CCIteration Manager / Scrum MasterOther
- CCProgram PMO Analyst, GovernanceNSW
- FTLead Front End DeveloperVIC
- FTAndroid Technical Lead (Work From Home 2-3 Days)NSW
- TPFull Stack .NET DeveloperWA
- TPSolution Architect | HRISQLD
- FTSite Acquisition ManagerSA