If you're looking to buy solid state drives (SSDs) from SanDisk to speed up your servers, you might be out of luck. A California court has issued a preliminary sales ban for controller chips that SanDisk uses in its high-speed SSDs.
A serious vulnerability in an embedded Web server used by many router models from different manufacturers allows remote attackers to take control of affected devices over the Internet.
A successful iPhone 6 launch in the U.S. helped Apple increase its share of the smartphone market in the third quarter, but nemesis Samsung Electronics struggled, with upstart Chinese manufacturers nipping at its heels and growing ever stronger.
China's appetite for smartphones is starting to reach its limit, with growth in the once booming market expected to reach single digit levels next year.
A technology that delivers broadband speeds over copper lines at a speed comparable to fiber is gaining momentum.
Plastic is out and metal, leather and wood are in as smartphone vendors hope luxurious-looking devices will inspire buyers to upgrade.
In the hunt for new ways to handle growing data volumes, NTT DoCoMo and Huawei Technologies have demonstrated that LTE can be deployed over 5GHz, which today is used for Wi-Fi networks.
Using a tablet to make a phone call may sound unorthodox. But in Asia's emerging markets, vendors are increasingly shipping 7-inch tablets with voice call functions, according to research firm IDC.
Xiaomi became the world's fifth-largest smartphone vendor in the second quarter, catapulted into the top five for the first time by its hit products in its home market of China, according to research firm Strategy Analytics.
Huawei Technologies shipped 62 percent more smartphones in the first half of 2014 than the same period last year, with shipments to some countries outside its home market of China doubling or even tripling.
In the hunt for more spectrum to speed up mobile networks, Vodafone and Huawei Technologies have successfully tested a technology that lets LTE and GSM share the same frequencies.
Chinese server vendors are making big gains in their home market, and putting pressure on U.S. rivals Hewlett-Packard and IBM in the "hyperscale" segment, according to research firm IDC. Dell, though, remains the country's number one server vendor.
As they battle for dominance in the cut-throat smartphone category, vendors are betting that luxury-evoking designs and features such as better front cameras will get consumers to open their wallets.
Huawei Technologies is hoping that a sleek, 6.5-millimeter silhouette and the ability to take high-resolution pictures with an 8-megapixel front camera will make its flagship Ascend P7 a hit.
LG, Motorola and Huawei will all launch new smartphones in the next three weeks as they try to chip away at Apple and Samsung Electronics, a task that doesn't seem as insurmountable as it did a year ago.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 2 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 3 Parrot Mambo Drone review
- 4 Evapolar USB air conditioner review
- 5 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Yet another Apple dongle: Apple Thunderbolt 3 (USB-C) to Thunderbolt 2 Adapter now available
- Meet Apple’s complete MacBook lineup
- 7 technologies killed in Apple's new MacBook Pro
- Here’s how Photoshop will work with the new MacBook Pro Touch Bar
- TP-Link Smart Wi-Fi LED Bulb LB130 review: An inexpensive color option
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- TV buying guide: What to look for when buying a TV in 2016
- Best iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus plans: Optus vs Telstra vs Vodafone vs Virgin
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- CCWeb DeveloperNSW
- CCSecurity Architect (Big Data / Cloud) Finance Contract Sydney CBDNSW
- CCTechnology Training ManagerNSW
- FTSenior Python DeveloperNSW
- TPTest AnalystQLD
- CCCompliance Administrator - Contracts/ ProcurementVIC
- FTSecurity Consultant / SMENSW
- CCDatacenter EngineerNSW
- CCSoftware DeveloperWA
- CCSenior Digital BA (iOS / Android)NSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst - Telco - AgileVIC
- CCSenior Digital DesignerNSW
- CCCX Performance & Insights AnalystNSW
- FTSoftware DeveloperQLD
- CCNetwork DesignerVIC
- FTSenior UX DesignerAsia
- FTSenior CISCO Network EngineerQLD
- FTSenior MS Dynamics CRM ConsultantVIC
- CCDrupal Developer - ContractACT
- CCNetApp ConsultantWA
- FTDevOps EngineerNSW
- CCApplication Support DeveloperVIC
- CCSenior Middleware Specialist MQ/TibcoVIC
- FTWebSphere MQ Application SupportWA
- FTBI Developer-Micro-strategyNSW