HTC is hoping to expand its presence in China by partnering with one of the nation's largest retailers to sell its phones, and even help with product development, the Taiwanese handset maker said on Wednesday.
HTC will release a Google Play edition of its recently unveiled One (M8) smartphone. The new device will couple the One M8's premium hardware with Android KitKat software free from HTC's Sense user interface.
Two rear cameras, speakers that are 25 per cent louder and an all metal body are among the innovations made to HTC’s new One M8 smartphone, the Taiwanese company confirmed.
HTC says its latest One flagship smartphone is akin to jewelry, placing it in the market as a premium product set apart from the competition.
HTC is rebooting after a difficult year, with the launch Tuesday of an upgraded version of One, its flagship smartphone. But if HTC can't improve the marketing of its devices, the company will have a hard time turning around its fortunes.
An anonymous tipster has leaked Telstra’s promotional collateral for HTC’s upcoming flagship to mobile site GSMArena. The brochure reveals the smartphone will be called the HTC One (M8), features ‘DuoCamera’ technology and a Full HD, 5in screen.
HTC had a tumultuous week at the Mobile World Congress. With no new smartphone to promote, the company resorted to trashing Samsung's new Galaxy S5. On the other hand, HTC's year-old One smartphone won the Best Smartphone of 2013 award.
Allowing drivers to access more mobile phone apps on a dashboard display while at the wheel sounds like a recipe for disaster -- but at Mobile World Congress members of the Car Connectivity Consortium showed how they plan to do this while limiting di...
Huawei’s MediaPad M1 is an 8in tablet that has a body made from aviation aluminum metal. Its IPS screen has a 800x1280 resolution, is bordered by a thick black bezel and it features front-facing speakers. .
Nokia and HTC have settled their long-running patent infringement battles, which played out in several countries and have seen a handful of HTC phones banned from sale in Europe.
The European Patent Office (EPO) has upheld a narrowed version of a patent on 3G technology at the heart of several legal disputes in Germany, an EPO spokesman said Thursday.
The U.S. International Trade Commission will review a preliminary decision that found that HTC infringed on Nokia patents.
More powerful processors will allow smartphone vendors to turn their high-end models into gaming consoles, but slower growth will also force them to focus more on improving their less expensive products next year.
Nokia has won a sales ban on the HTC One Mini smartphone in the U.K., but its Taiwanese rival can keep on selling its HTC One flagship model pending the outcome of a possible appeal, the England and Wales High Court ruled Tuesday.
The Rockstar Consortium that acquired Nortel Networks' patents filed Thursday patent infringement suits against Google, Samsung, HTC and five other companies.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Subaru XV 2017 review
- 2 Samsung 2017 QLED Q7 TV: Full, in-depth review
- 3 Kogan Atlas UltraSlim Pro laptop: full, in-depth review
- 4 Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming 5 AMD Ryzen AM4 motherboard review
- 5 Kogan curved 4K UHD 55-inch LED LCD TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft reinstates My People for Windows 10, connecting you to your BFFs
- This overclocked EVGA GTX 1050 Ti costs less than reference models
- This week in games: Forza Horizon 3 gets Hot Wheels, Terry Crews gets a wild Old Spice PC
- Radeon owners rebel when AMD drivers stealth drop Quake Champions links on desktops
- Surface sales sag and Windows Phones fade, as Microsoft's hardware business takes a hit
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTAnalyst Programmer - Mulesoft Focus x 3NSW
- CCCRM Techno FunctionalistQLD
- FTUI/UX DesignerSA
- CCPersonal AssistantNSW
- CCChange AnalystACT
- CCSecurity Specialist - NV1ACT
- FTCRM Technical Specialist (Oracle Eloqua)ACT
- TPWeb DeveloperNSW
- FTPERMANENT Business AnalystsACT
- TPSenior Project ManagerQLD
- FTSolution ArchitectVIC
- FTTest Analyst - Infrastructure - NV1 ClearanceACT
- CCSystems EngineerNSW
- FTTechnical ConsultantACT
- FTBusiness Analyst - BI, Analytics & Big DataNSW
- FTProject Coordinator ($280-$300 per day)NSW
- CCSystems Specialist - Network Systems l Port MacquarieNSW
- TPSolution ArchitectVIC
- CCSystems Specialist - Network Systems l Port MacquarieQLD
- TPSenior Full-Stack DeveloperSA
- CCServer SOE EngineerACT
- FTFull Stack DeveloperQLD
- TPBI AnalystQLD
- FTWindows Server Engineer MCSE, SCCM, SCOM, PowershellNSW