New smartphones expected to bow at the IFA show in Berlin next week will likely show that makers are taking a step back from larger screen sizes and emphasizing better design.
HTC is hoping to make inroads in the low-end smartphone market with the 4G Desire 510, which has a new 64-bit capable Qualcomm processor. But HTC isn't sure buyers will be able to take full advantage of that capability.
One more big phone maker has given up on Windows Phone. Huawei, the world's third-largest smartphone maker says that it will no longer release Windows Phone devices because it simply can't make any money on it. Where else can Microsoft turn?
One of the worst-kept rumors in the Windows world is now confirmed to be true: HTC has brought its One (M8) phone hardware to Windows Phone.
Underdog HTC is throwing its hand in the budget smartphone market with the release of the Desire 610, a 4.7in smartphone priced to compete against Motorola’s Moto G and Nokia’s Lumia 635.
The majority of Android devices currently in use contain a vulnerability that allows malware to completely hijack installed apps and their data or even the entire device.
HTC posted a year-over-year gain in net profit for the second quarter, following the release of the company's latest flagship phone, and new low-end handsets coming to China.
If Apple were to launch a 5.5-inch iPhone 6 later this year it would be beneficial to both the vendor and the wider ‘phablet’ market, according to Telsyte.
The battle between shrunken flagship smartphones is heating up with the arrival of the Galaxy S5 mini, which will go head-to-head with HTC's One mini 2.
Dick Smith has entered the direct post-paid mobile market through a new partnership with Vodafone, and has confirmed it is holding talks with both Telstra and Optus.
Android devices running Java applications do not infringe on patents belonging to SIM card maker Gemalto, the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit ruled.
Years of investment has gone into the development of the LG G3. It started with LG pulling out of the flagship race and realigning its business units before it could return to the drawing board. Now the company has put forward its best technologies...
Optus has signed yet another smartphone exclusively with the LG F70 following the carrier’s recent deal with HTC.
Prevalent throughout the Desire 816 is the sense HTC is trying to push its dollar - and not the technology - as far as possible. This is a value-for-money smartphone designed for the masses, but at no stage does the smartphone feel cheap.
As they battle for dominance in the cut-throat smartphone category, vendors are betting that luxury-evoking designs and features such as better front cameras will get consumers to open their wallets.
UE Boom 2 Bluetooth speaker
Smart LED Bulb LB130
Linksys AC5400 MU-MIMO Gigabit router
Everki ContemPRO Roll Top Laptop Backpack
Microsoft L5V-00027 Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard Desktop
Lexar® JumpDrive® S57 USB 3.0 flash drive
Samsung portable 1TB T3 drive
Epson WorkForce ET-4550
Epson EcoTank Expression ET-2500
Belkin MIXIT Metallic Lightning to USB Cable
Lexar® JumpDrive® S45 USB 3.0 flash drive
Huawei Mate 9
Logitech G403 Prodigy mouse
Lexar® Portable SSD
Acer Swift 7
Epson WorkForce DS-360W
3SIXT Ultra HD Sports Action Camera
Google Daydream VR headset
HP Pavilion x360 13”
Dell XPS 13 laptop
Audio-Technica ATH-ANC70 Noise Cancelling Headphones
Surface Pro 4
Lexar® JumpDrive® C20c USB Type-C flash drive
Lexar® Professional 1800x microSDHC™/microSDXC™ UHS-II cards
HD Pan/Tilt Wi-Fi Camera with Night Vision NC450
Dell Inspiron 5000 series 2-in-1
Blade 28 backpack by Arc’teryx
Garmin Fenix Chronos smartwatch
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Star Wars Death Star Bluetooth levitating rotating speaker review
- 2 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 3 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 4 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Lenovo's Yoga 720 brings a bit of game with discrete GTX 1050 graphics
- Lenovo's $199 Miix 320 laptop may challenge cheap Chromebooks
- Draytek Vigor 2952 SMB router overview
- 5 Best Australian smartphone deals
- Lenovo to integrate Amazon Alexa in Moto smartphones
PCW Evaluation Team
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
- Horizon Zero Dawn review
- How to quit Pokemon Go (or to start enjoying it again)
- Japan's pop culture, anime-friendly, J-Pop shrine, Kanda Myojin
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTSenior Business AnalystSA
- FTJunior Software Engineer - Adelaide Based (PV, NV2 or NV1 required)VIC
- FTAnalyst Programmer (Natural/Adabas)SA
- FT.net Developer (Front and Back end)QLD
- TPScrum MasterVIC
- TPAgile CoachNSW
- FTFull Stack DeveloperQLD
- FTSalesforce Technical Consultant/Architect Global IT Company - SydneyNSW
- FTFront End DeveloperQLD
- TPe-Learning Developer (Captivate 8)VIC
- TPSystem AdministratorVIC
- CCAgile CoachNSW
- CCIT Senior Business AnalystNSW
- CCTransport Planner - GIS SpecialistNSW
- FTWintel EngineerSA
- TPInformation Management SpecialistVIC
- FTApplication Support SpecialistNSW
- CCNetwork Engineer/ Network AdministratorQLD
- FTLevel 3 Support AnalystVIC
- TPSpatial Science OfficerQLD
- CCNetwork Specialist - IPAM TelcoVIC
- FTMicrosoft ProgrammerSA
- CCData Engineer (Java/ Data/ Big Data Developer)VIC
- CCUnix AdministratorNSW
- TPTest AnalystQLD