It's been nice having OEMs make its devices, but it looks like Google's ready to take back Android's destiny into its own hands—for real this time.
Hardware leaks indicate it might be HTC's most advanced phone yet with a Quad HD display and a laser-assisted, 12-UltraPixel camera.
HTC clearly took some design inspiration from the Nexus 6P, building its own camera visor on the back.
Globally, the biggest search spikes were for breaking news and entertainment. But nerds like us searched for gadgets, gadgets, and more gadgets.
HTC's new One A9 phone is getting criticized for looking exactly like the most recent iPhone models. But HTC says it was Apple who ripped them off, not the other way around.
Struggling HTC is looking to win back burned customers with the prompt unveiling of the One A9, a revised flagship that follows the disappointing M9 seven months later.
The leak comes just ahead of an HTC event to show off its newest phone, planned for Oct. 20.
The company is hosting a virtual launch for its first phone to run Android 6.0 right out of the box.
We don't know how much it'll cost or whether people will buy it, but that doesn't mean it's not the best. We go hands-on with the HTC Vive a second time.
The images suggest a new smartphone that looks eerily similar to an iPhone 6.
Staff cuts at Lenovo and HTC, a failed patch from Google, and Samsung's latest flagship smartphones all highlight how tricky selling Android smartphones has become.
Struggling HTC is cutting 15 per cent of its work force in an attempt to cut costs and revive its ailing smartphone business.
The financial future of smartphone maker HTC appears dire, analysts say, even as the company has remained upbeat.
Many smart phone manufacturers preload remote support tools on their Android devices in an insecure way, providing a method for hackers to take control of the devices through rogue apps or even SMS messages.
Continuing to struggle in the smartphone industry, HTC is hoping its upcoming products in virtual reality and wearables can pull in some sales.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 Mazda MX-5 (2016) review: Absolute driving purity
- 3 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 4 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Upgrading to SAP Hana? This new tool can help prepare your code
- The eyes have it: How one startup aims to change the future of VR
- Gaming on Linux, Steam machines set to soar with DirectX competitor Vulkan
- Google didn't abuse its position in Streetmap case, UK court rules
- New Chromebook won't break with 365-pound person standing on it
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTDigital Marketing Specialist | Media BuyerNSW
- CCPega BPM Developer / Configurer - 12 months contractACT
- CCSenior Project Manager - Cloud / Telecommunications (Melb CBD)VIC
- FTWintel EngineerACT
- CCiOS Developer - New AppNSW
- FTTeam Lead ITIL- Permanent OpportunityVIC
- CCAEM DeveloperNSW
- CCJira Administrator - Western SydneyNSW
- CCProgram Manager - Big Data - Telecommunications - UrgentNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (MS.Net/Visual Basic) 160129/AP/vtdAsia
- CCSenior Business Analyst, Enterprise Software SolutionNSW
- CCContract Software Engineer (Crystal Report/JAVA) 160129/SE/vccAsia
- CCSenior Information Security SpecialistNSW
- FTFull Stack & Mobile EngineersNSW
- FTSenior Mobile Developer - IOSNSW
- FTJava or Ruby Web DeveloperVIC
- CCIBM ESB Developer (Junior to mid level role)NSW
- CCIT Service Deliver & Improvement ManagerACT
- CCITIL Release Manager - CBD SYDNEYNSW
- CCOracle Business AnalystSA
- CCBusiness AnalystACT
- CCSenior Business AnalystACT
- CCJava DeveloperVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160205/AP/541Asia
- FTSenior Front End Developer Required Working World Leading Digital TeamVIC