Every smartphone that has passed through the Good Gear Guide testing labs in 2015 has been rounded up on this page. Readers in the market for a new smartphone: this is a good starting point. Consider the smartphones available, narrow the selectio...
Avoid the dreaded 'battery low' message with these simple tips
Samsung and HTC unveiled flagship smartphones on the same day, but it is HTC which will have its One (M9) on Australian shop shelves first.
Android’s two leading manufacturers are at it again following the back-to-back unveilings of Samsung’s Galaxy S6 series and the HTC One (M9). Most people will end up buying one or the other smartphone. Here’s how you choose.
HTC has been the recipient of some serious flak for its One (M9). Internet pundits are calling the smartphone out for retaining the design principles of the One (M8). We don’t believe timeless design is punishable – and the design of the One (M8) is ...
Born from Google and HTC is the Nexus 9, a tablet that borrows strengths from both sides of its family. A high resolution screen flanked by loud speakers is inherited from HTC’s genealogy, while its sweet operating system and its design come from Goo...
Not everyone wants a behemoth smartphone flagship, which is why the miniature smartphone market has spawned iterations from Samsung, Sony, HTC and LG. Donning screens 5-inches and less is one way these smartphones prove more comfortable in the pocket...
LG has put forward its flagship smartphone contender, the G3, and it is a beaut. A 5.5in Android smartphone clad in aluminium with display technologies superior to what’s available today. But LG has made great phones before, and they’ve lingered beh...
Flagships from the leading Android manufacturers are on sale now in Australia. There’s the 5.2in Xperia Z2 from Sony, the 5.1in Galaxy S5 from Samsung and the 5in One (M8) from HTC. All three are fantastic choices, but one of them will go down as an ...
Samsung's Galaxy S5 bristles with features. Some we care very little for, but others make it one of the best smartphones available on shop shelves today. Here are the top 5 reasons to love the Samsung Galaxy S5.
Samsung's biggest threat is not Apple; it's HTC. Now next-generation smartphones from Samsung and HTC have been released, and although on paper the Galaxy S5 and the One (M8) are neck-to-neck, the two smartphones couldn't be more different.
Australia's three largest telecommunication carriers have confirmed to Good Gear Guide that the HTC One (M8) will be available in stores on the 1st of April. To help you decide which carrier you should buy the smartphone from, we have collated the va...
Happy birthday, Android! Although you were technically announced six years ago, it wasn't until October 22, 2008, that you made your debut. You've had an interesting five years, and it's only right that we take the time to celebrate one of the most r...
Now that Google has released Android 4.3, so begins the agonising process of figuring out which phones and tablets will get the upgrade, and when. Not surprisingly, most Android phone makers are being cagey about their upgrade plans.
The HTC One and the Samsung Galaxy S4 are two of the hottest smartphones on the market today. But which one is right for you? The following list spotlights five areas in which the HTC One outperforms the Galaxy S4.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 Mazda MX-5 (2016) review: Absolute driving purity
- 3 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 4 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Upgrading to SAP Hana? This new tool can help prepare your code
- The eyes have it: How one startup aims to change the future of VR
- Gaming on Linux, Steam machines set to soar with DirectX competitor Vulkan
- Google didn't abuse its position in Streetmap case, UK court rules
- New Chromebook won't break with 365-pound person standing on it
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTDigital Marketing Specialist | Media BuyerNSW
- CCProducts and Markets Business AnalystNSW
- FTJava Web Development OpportunityVIC
- CCCommercial Manager - Strategy / Big Data - Telecommunications -NSW
- CCiOS Developer - New AppNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer(Crystal Report/Oracle)160127/AP/vhsAsia
- FTHelpdesk support - Level 1VIC
- CCContract System Analyst (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160205/SA/881Asia
- CCWeb Content WriterSA
- FTTechnical WriterNSW
- FTProject Manager / Scrum MasterNSW
- CCSharePoint DeveloperACT
- CCProject Manager IT infrastructureACT
- CCUX DesignerNSW
- CCImmediate iOS Developer RequiredNSW
- CCTechnical Business Analyst (Telecommunications) / Melb CBDVIC
- CCOracle Developer - 3 month contractSA
- FTSenior .NET DeveloperVIC
- CCSenior Business Analyst, Online Gaming SystemsNSW
- CCSenior Identity ManagerVIC
- CCRecords Officer - CanberraACT
- CCOracle Applications Projects Functional ConsultantSA
- CCAndroid and iOS DevelopersVIC
- CCJira Administrator - Western SydneyNSW