Users of the first Android phone, the G1, may be unable to get significant future operating-system updates because the phone's internal flash is nearly full.
This truly is turning into the Summer of Smartphones. The Palm Pre, of course, has already debuted to mostly positive reviews, and seemingly endless clues point to a next-gen iPhone launch in the very near future.
We interrupt your steady stream of iPhone rumors to bring you new buzz on that other famous smartphone: the Android-powered T-Mobile G1. While its successor, the T-Mobile G2 (aka HTC Magic) has yet to hit America, there's now talk of a "T-Mobile G1 v...
The official over-the-air Android 1.5 software update for T-Mobile USA G1 smartphones will start at the end of next week, a spokesman said yesterday, one week after bloggers started saying they were getting the updates in Europe.
High Tech Computer (HTC) unveiled its second Google Android-based smartphone, the HTC Magic, with mobile service provider Vodafone on Tuesday.
Not yet for sale in Australia, the HTC Magic surfaced Thursday in the form of a developer's version dubbed I/O, distributed at the Google conference of the same name. And the second-generation Magic indeed has a touch of magic: Its lightweight design...
Following the Australian launch of the second Android-based smartphone to be released in Australia, the HTC Magic, we were lucky enough to get our hands on a review unit.
With the first Android-powered mobile phone -- the HTC Dream -- recently hitting the market in Australia, comparisons will the ever-popular Apple iPhone 3G have already begun.
Following the Australian launch of the Android-based HTC Dream mobile phone, we were lucky enough to get our hands on a review unit of this long-awaited device this morning.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 2 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 3 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 4 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
- 5 Microsoft Lumia 640 review: Honouring Nokia's legacy
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Report: Microsoft could debut Xbox One game streaming stick and 'Xbox TV' at E3
- This sticker can wirelessly charge your smartphone or tablet
- Microsoft breaks own design rules in dupe-the-user Windows 10 upgrade tactic
- Samsung isn't giving up on Android Wear, it's just not making any new Android Wear watches
- Google quietly kills its Nexus Player as Chromecast overshadows Android TV
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (J2EE/Oracle) 160520/AP/985Asia
- CCSnr Technical System Engineer (IBM/Oracle/SQL) 160524/STSE/vmtAsia
- FTAzure ConsultantQLD
- CCSenior BA - Enterprise DataNSW
- FTProduction ConsultantVIC
- CCBusiness Analyst (Sharepoint, CRM, MS Dynamics)ACT
- FTStibo PIM Consultant - Permanent OpportunityNSW
- FTSenior Network Engineer - Australian Systems Integrator - Immediate interviewNSW
- FTAgile CoachNSW
- CCSkilled Sitecore / .NET DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior IT Security Specialist-SANS, ISC2, ISACA, ITILNSW
- FT.NET DevelopersQLD
- FTPerformance Test AnalystNSW
- CCLinux AdministratorVIC
- CCData Feeds Developer | Financial Services | C# & SQLNSW
- FTSenior Network Engineer - Technical LeadACT
- CCMultiple Oracle Fusion SOA/BPEL Developer OpportunitiesVIC
- CCIT Systems AnalystACT
- CCBusiness Analyst or Information AnalystNSW
- CCData Engineer | Real Time StreamingNSW
- CCSecurity Consultant - Telecommunications and NetworksSA
- FTData Feeds Developer | Financial Services | C# & SQLNSW
- FTHadoop Operation EngineerNSW
- CCTIBCO Integration ConsultantVIC
- CCTechnology Lead / Senior Developer - Java (Urgent)NSW